Daz Problem with bluejaunte skins and tattoos

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
With the lack of any helpful information: Immediate guess is that you're using a 8.1 figure, and if I had to guess, most of bluejaunte's stuff is PBR (as are the rest of the higher end 8.1 figures.). The tattoo is probably forcing it back to Iray/Uber, hence the color difference. You can confirm it by looking here:

shader.png

Just a guess based off the look of the skin, though. Been a while since I've used tattoos like this as I often add tattoos manually to the skin maps in Photoshop (easier to blend and adjust). If the above isn't the cause, take a look at the "Translucency Weight" on the legs surface pane. Check the number, and then select the torso and see if it matches.

Try something and see if it causes the same issues. That is, assuming this is an 8.1 model. If it's not, it could be a whole different set of solutions, but if that we're the case, these tattoos would probably apply fine.

Reactions: jonathanlivingston
Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
The character is a woman from Genesis 8 and if I select the face, as you did in your example, it says "Iray uber (MDL)"
I also checked the translucency and there are no differences between the legs and the torso.
But I've tried a few tattoos for 8.1 and there are no problems. So I have to let go of the ones I used.

I use the same topic for another question: why do I see this green line (like a seam) on bluejaunte's Miriam skin? Is there a way to fix it?

seam.png

P.S.

Since you have been very kind, may I ask you a good tutorial for to "make" tattoos directly on the skin with photoshop?

Thanks again

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It's pretty simple. Find a design you like, either via Daz or purchase one. Preferably a PNG (with no background). Find the skin of the figure you're using:

View attachment 2023-09-28 09-18-26.mp4

Open it in photoshop:

View attachment 2023-09-28 09-20-52.mp4

Download/buy a tattoo design. I'll be using this:

Note for the video: Don't censor it with the boxes, that was for YouTube.

I can do something a bit more in-depth at some point, but I don't really have the time right now.

Edit: Here's a pretty easy to follow tutorial:

Reactions: jonathanlivingston