Problem with computer space

Jaguarmen69

Apr 12, 2022
So, I have my pc memory divided in C and D, you know C has low space for the important programs and D a lot of space for a lot of stuff, so every time I download a game from here I put it in D but some games likes to create stuff in C that doesn't erase when I delete the game from D, is there a way to stop games from putting stuff in my C memory? And yeah i could do it manually but sometime I really don't know what was created in the first place.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
You should never leave C with low space, that's usually the system drive and you will run into trouble if it fills up.

So my tip would be to already move some of those "important programs" you have to D:, that way you will have more space you can use for system files and saves on C:

Also know that you can set the default download location to D, this way you won't spend time moving stuff from drive to drive.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

t727

Jan 4, 2018
So, I have my pc memory divided in C and D, you know C has low space for the important programs and D a lot of space for a lot of stuff, so every time I download a game from here I put it in D but some games likes to create stuff in C that doesn't erase when I delete the game from D, is there a way to stop games from putting stuff in my C memory? And yeah i could do it manually but sometime I really don't know what was created in the first place.
Not sure what you mean by "stuff" but I'm going to assume you mean save games from example Ren'Py games.
This mean you have to move the entire AppData folder.
Find a method on how to do that on Windows 10[1] below

WARNING:
This might reset when M$ update your OS

Not mentioned in the article below but other places does mention this to be a possibility.

1. Not sure which OS you use

Last edited:
Reactions: WICKEDp4th

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Use some tool (Microsoft Disk Management, EaseUs Partition Master, ...) and give C: more space.
If you can't, may help you. For instance, I suppose you could move the folder "Program Files"or part of it into D:\ and replace the original folder in C:\ with a soft link pointing to the new path. Same trick for the folder where Ren'py store all its saves.
Edit: roasted by t727
sometime I really don't know what was created in the first place.
is your friend.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th and t727

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
You'll need at least 30 to 70 GB of free space on your System drive to not having problems with your windows updates downloads (You don't want that, this is annoying af).

The Save games in your AppData Folder are only a few hundreds of MB that should be no concern at all to have them on your C: drive.
Downloads can be directly send to your D: drive (right click the downloads folder and go to the Tab Path, there you can change it to a downloads folder on your other drive).

If you're running low on space on your system drive you can also go to the settings Menu and open the Memory Tab there you have some options to erase Temp files/Trashbin/Downloads etc.

Reactions: t727

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Probably depends on how many renpy games your playing because my RenPy folder for save games is over 2 gigs in the appdata folder.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Probably depends on how many renpy games your playing because my RenPy folder for save games is over 2 gigs in the appdata folder.
And it could also be 5 GB, in the end it doesn't matter. Never set the volume of your System Drive on low memory. ;)

Jaguarmen69

Apr 12, 2022
Thanks for the reply guys, at this moments my C has a lot of free space cause I reset it to factory new,gonna try some of the things you guys said.