Problem with Daz Collective 3D asset

Heruar

May 8, 2020
Hi everyone. I need some help if possible from you guys. I'm trying to create a scene using the Collective 3D Neighborhood Xpack 1 & 2. However, the terrain has a problem (see pictures attached). When I add an HDR evironment, the alleyway becomes invisible and, it's part of the whole terrain. I can't edit it individually. I tried every single option in the surfaces editor as well as in the render settings. This is so frustrating... I even tried adding a black plane primitive under the whole thing and ... also invisible (the second picture has the plane in it).
I'm using Daz studio 4.12.1.118 on windows 10.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. <3

1-Terrain_C3D_test.png 2-Terrain_bug_c3d.png

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Three options -
a - Turn the draw dome off and add your own background in photoshop
b - If ground position is on auto put it on manual, it might just fix it
c - While on manual, you can move it up and down, cant remember on what axis though, I have seldom done it. (the dome needs to come down a bit)

Reactions: Heruar

Heruar

May 8, 2020
Three options -
a - Turn the draw dome off and add your own background in photoshop
b - If ground position is on auto put it on manual, it might just fix it
c - While on manual, you can move it up and down, cant remember on what axis though, I have seldom done it. (the dome needs to come down a bit)
Hi there. Thank you for your suggestions. Fixed !!! Yeeeey !
a - That would have been the last option, as my PS skills are not great...
b - It was on manual already - played with dome position, with or without ground... then I just put it on auto and pooof.... IT WORKED !
You're a life saver man !
Thank you so much !
<3 <3 <3

Solved.png

Reactions: mickydoo

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Hi there. Thank you for your suggestions. Fixed !!! Yeeeey !
a - That would have been the last option, as my PS skills are not great...
b - It was on manual already - played with dome position, with or without ground... then I just put it on auto and pooof.... IT WORKED !
You're a life saver man !
Thank you so much !
<3 <3 <3

View attachment 808692
If you are using a DAZ HDRI as opposed to a third party one, that would explain why it was on manual, glad you got it all sorted.

Reactions: Heruar