Daz Problem with dforce simulation in Daz 4.22

IanFallen

Mar 19, 2023
I have a problem with dforce simulation. I have a plane and a sphere. I was following this Youtube video:

Plane should act like a blanket and cover the sphere. But for some reason the plane don't behave in the similar manner. This is what I get:

Do you know what the problem is?

Saint_RNG

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Simulation works well in your case, but too fast.
Change the value of the "Stabilization Time" property (in the Simulation Settings tab) to 5 or more, depending on the result.

What's strange is that if you haven't touched any of the default parameters, it shouldn't be that fast.

I tested it on my side with the default values, and the simulation lasted at least 7 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanFallen

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
I have a problem with dforce simulation. I have a plane and a sphere. I was following this Youtube video:

Plane should act like a blanket and cover the sphere. But for some reason the plane don't behave in the similar manner. This is what I get:

Do you know what the problem is?
Simulation works well in your case, but too fast.
Change the value of the "Stabilization Time" property (in the Simulation Settings tab) to 5 or more, depending on the result.

What's strange is that if you haven't touched any of the default parameters, it shouldn't be that fast.

I tested it on my side with the default values, and the simulation lasted at least 7 seconds.
Not only time.
We do not know plane resolution. If it is just 4 vertex square square results are ok.
Better then default setting (current frame) use animation range.
Create plane with minimum 32 sections (more is better) and play simulation with all frames.

Richard Fappington

Donor
Jul 30, 2018
You're saying you followed that video. Did you create the plane with 100 divisions like he did?

Can you provide a screenshot of the simulation settings for the plane in the surfaces tab?