Daz Problem with Golden Palace and soft buttocks/dforce Hip and Breast V2 for genesis 3/8/8.1 plugins [RESOLVED]

EquiIibrium

Jan 18, 2021
Hello! I have a problem with Daz Studio 4.20 and specifically with Golden Palace and soft buttocks/dforce Hip and Breast V2 for genesis 3/8/8.1 plugins compatibility. When I try to use them together I have strange issue like on screenshot below (its not texture shaded preview bug, it also happens in Iray preview and renders). Is there any fix for this? I tried applying GP first and then soft buttocks or dforce hip and vice versa, nothing changes. 1656144760722.png 1656144770365.png

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
So, Golden Palace is a geograft. What that means is that it attaches itself to the character's mesh and replaces portions of its vertices. The issue is almost certainly that the "Soft Buttocks etc." deforms the mesh in a way that the geograft can't track. Basically, the vertices to which GP attaches get moved, but the vertices of GP itself don't. Hence the disconnect.

There's not much you're going to be able to do about this, since the "Soft" people didn't build in compatibility for GP, etc.

EquiIibrium

Jan 18, 2021
So, Golden Palace is a geograft. What that means is that it attaches itself to the character's mesh and replaces portions of its vertices. The issue is almost certainly that the "Soft Buttocks etc." deforms the mesh in a way that the geograft can't track. Basically, the vertices to which GP attaches get moved, but the vertices of GP itself don't. Hence the disconnect.

There's not much you're going to be able to do about this, since the "Soft" people didn't build in compatibility for GP, etc.
Asked the same question on official DAZ3D forum and creator of DForce hip got a fix for this issue. It works.

Reactions: Rich