Daz Problems with anatomy add-ons

RalphFH

May 15, 2017
Hey all,
I've been having an issue where, when I've added an anatomical element to my figure, it looks off. Maybe even invisible-ish. Everything was working fine up until recently and I haven't done anything differently. Just one day, I opened up a character I had saved, and it looked like the images attached. It's the same problem with every figure and every add-on.
Can anyone help?
2022-03-13_20-36-07.jpg 2022-03-13_20-37-23.jpg

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
what assets are you using?
cause there is a lot of them

are you using a g3, g8, g8.1?

RalphFH

May 15, 2017
Did you change your max path lenght in Draw setting>optimization?
Does it also "glitch" when fully rendered?
I didn't, it's still set to -1. And yes, it shows up in the render.

Additionally, I've noticed other issues that seem to be related. The add-on morphs seem to be invisible. The image below is with Genitalia open to 100%
2022-03-14_11-34-49.jpg

and all Dforce hair won't show up either. Preview PR Hairs is on and Tesselation is 3 which used to be all I needed. But this is only happening with Dforce hair, other hair seems to work.

2022-03-14_11-35-20.jpg

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Solved. Thanks to No_Name I tried other optimization settings. Turning off Guided Sampling fixed everything. The weird thing is, turning it back on does not replicate the error.
Good to know (y)

Made few tests with guided sampling but were not really conclusive (nor in quality or pixels convergence so far), didn't dig it that much tho.

RalphFH

May 15, 2017
Good to know (y)

Made few tests with guided sampling but were not really conclusive (nor in quality or pixels convergence so far), didn't dig it that much tho.
Ok so it turns out I was wrong. What actually happened was that turning off Guided Sampling deactivated the Mesh Grabber tool I had just installed. Turns out, when Mesh Grabber is active, that's what happens to dforce hair and anatomy addons.
So that was the real solve

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Ok so it turns out I was wrong. What actually happened was that turning off Guided Sampling deactivated the Mesh Grabber tool I had just installed. Turns out, when Mesh Grabber is active, that's what happens to dforce hair and anatomy addons.
So that was the real solve
Oh I see. As rule of thumb; never let mesh grabber, geometry editor selected (or anything that can modifiy mesh) when running preview/render (gonna glitch).

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
That looked like a geoshell problem. He used an anatomical graft, but some of those use geoshells, and some have a "fix script".

As for the morphs/smoothing/subdiv not showing, as no__name said, some tools and plugins disable those in the display in the working window, untill you switch away from the tool. Not the tools' fault, it's just the way it works in daz.

Reactions: RalphFH

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Right, I forgot to mention. I've tried them with different figures, g8 and g8.1, male and female. same results.
well you have answered one of my question but not the other one

I have asked those questions because people might give you the wrong info

Are you using:

Genesis 8/8.1 Female Genitalia?
Golden Palace v2?
New Genitalia For Victoria 8?
or others?

Reactions: Madmanator99

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
That looked like a geoshell problem.
I have souvenir of a problem someone got, took me a while to figure out where it could come from. Heavy glitch in preview on the geoshell but clean fully rendered. Every single parameters/surfaces looking good. Turn out too low path length in draw setting was the problem. Now I ask everytime lol (not sure if it has been fixed or not).

Reactions: Madmanator99