Daz Problems with Daz Gen8 genital morphs and poses

QuietLion1973

Oct 18, 2019
I suspect there's some deep settings in Daz that I'm missing, but I can't get any of the Genesis 8 male genitals to work right. On a default G8M figure, the morphs and poses work fine, but as soon as I apply a morph it causes problems. The body morph is apparently causing huge distortions in the genital morphs.
They were working before. I had been creating test renders, planning to either start a game or some kind of story series. They've been broken for months.

In the pictures, I used the Dicktator genitals, but this happens with the others I have installed as well. For all of the pics, I just applied the "Flacid 1" pose preset. I can't even resize or change the shape at all without it going wrong. On the default figure, it works fine, but the others are completely unusable.

Does anyone know a fix for this, or am I going to be stuck uninstalling and reinstalling all of Daz?

Gen8M_defaultmorph.jpg Gen8M_Dolb.jpg Gen8M_Orc.jpg Gen8M_Underbelly.jpg

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Looks like you might have a rogue morph/slider going. That's only time I've seen figures do weird shit like that, at least. Have you checked the "Currently Used" section in the parameters pane with Dicktator selected?

QuietLion1973

Oct 18, 2019
It's literally just the Gen 8 base, plus the character morph, add the Dicktator, and the genitals suddenly won't morph right.
On the Dicktator, Currently Used only has "Fit To" "Resolution Level" and "Render SubD Level" and that's it until I adjust something.

edit: I wonder if maybe there are morphs for something else that is overwriting or corrupting these. I might try looking through the different genital products I have downloaded and see if they conflict at all. But that wouldn't explain why it works fine on the default figure or if I load it by itself.

Last edited:

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
It's literally just the Gen 8 base, plus the character morph, add the Dicktator, and the genitals suddenly won't morph right.
On the Dicktator, Currently Used only has "Fit To" "Resolution Level" and "Render SubD Level" and that's it until I adjust something.

edit: I wonder if maybe there are morphs for something else that is overwriting or corrupting these. I might try looking through the different genital products I have downloaded and see if they conflict at all. But that wouldn't explain why it works fine on the default figure or if I load it by itself.
go to "My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs" and move everything but the daz3d folder somewhere else and see if that fixes it.

If it doesnt fix the problem move everything and reinstall genesis 8 essentials.

if it does, start moving a couple of the folders back while deleting and reloading the base model in daz to see when the issue reapers.

ive had a number of issue with bad morphs and this is the only reliable way ive found to pinpoint the problem

alfamgb

Sep 3, 2017
Hey, I did not want to create a new thread so sorry about that,

But I have a question, I am using dicktator and gen 8 male, and I have this issue, how can I "pull" the penis out of the body to get a smooth transition, not this line?
1654027325759.png

QuietLion1973

Oct 18, 2019
I finally found my troublemaker: the X3D Real Gens. As soon as I deleted everything from that, my other ones started behaving right again.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I finally found my troublemaker: the X3D Real Gens. As soon as I deleted everything from that, my other ones started behaving right again.
You could have come to that conclusion in May if you had followed the advice you got then - check for rogue morphs by show hidden and see what's used currently used.

That you -think- it's only the base g8 with only this and that added doesn't mean it's so. Something to remember for the future. Some products add their morphs even when not asked to do so ;)

QuietLion1973

Oct 18, 2019
You could have come to that conclusion in May if you had followed the advice you got then - check for rogue morphs by show hidden and see what's used currently used.

That you -think- it's only the base g8 with only this and that added doesn't mean it's so. Something to remember for the future. Some products add their morphs even when not asked to do so ;)
RUDE.
My life doesn't revolve around Daz, or this message board for that matter. The problem was just enough frustration at the time to get me to turn my attention to other hobbies and I came back around to this when I felt like it. When that happened, I DID follow the advice and found the issue quickly because of it, so it is appreciated. Your lecture is not.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
RUDE.
My life doesn't revolve around Daz, or this message board for that matter. The problem was just enough frustration at the time to get me to turn my attention to other hobbies and I came back around to this when I felt like it. When that happened, I DID follow the advice and found the issue quickly because of it, so it is appreciated. Your lecture is not.
Then I apologize!

Have a nice weekend :)