Daz Blender Problems with daz to blender bridge.

xeratios

May 13, 2020
To get straight to the point,
i am trying to import my posed models from DAZ into Blender. The idea being to just position them in the scene, add lights and take advantage of the rendering speed Blender offers.

However, after looking up some tutorials they all pointed to the free daz to blender plugin straight from daz central.
The problem i'm facing is that, whichever model i'm trying to convert makes blender crash as soon as i try to go to render view or actually render the image.

At first i had a female model with some crazy hair, i figured that'd be the culprit..(pretty sure it was DForce) so i went ahead and tried with one of my male models which was basically just a naked body. And it still crashed.
I'm now thinking it might be some morph that is being difficult, but i've been through some trial & error the whole morning and i'm a bit frustrated. So i'm hoping someone here might have had similar experiences and point me in the right direction?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You should use instead of Blender bridge, it's just the better option imho.
Are you rendering on CPU/Amd card? If not, "mimicking" how Iray rendering skins in Cycles ain't gonna you win rendering time (more likely the contrary in fact).

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
So i'm hoping someone here might have had similar experiences and point me in the right direction?
I've used the D2B bridge some in the past few weeks, and haven't had any problem with it. That being said (a) I didn't install it via Daz Central - I never use Daz Central and (b) when I installed it (some time back) I remember having to bludgeon Blender into recognizing it because, at the time, the instructions were missing a couple of critical steps, and (c) I'm not using Blender for rendering, so maybe I just haven't triggered what you're seeing.

Questions:
1. Which version of Blender are you using?
2. You've probably checked this, but are you certain that you have the most recent D2B bridge?

But, as No_Name mentions, the Diffeo converter has been around quite a while, and has a strong following, so maybe that's an option for you. Biggest difference that I recall is that Diffeo doesn't preserve the Daz skeleton. But I think it's also had a lot more work done on transferring materials.