Ren'Py Problems with launching the Ren'Py games. Need help -_-

Avilio

May 29, 2017
Hi, I recently came across a completely unclear problem with running games on Ren'Py. Previously, they worked perfectly for me, without any problems, but recently everything has changed. When I decided to go into one of these games, my AVAST antivirus decided it was not fate and blocked it by pointing to a possibly svchost.exe virus file, which in turn made something obscure with the shortcuts of all Ren'Py games. I restored the files that the antivirus downloaded to the virus store, but that did not help. In conclusion, I have the following error when trying to run the game on Ren'Py:

donTiere983

Mar 15, 2019
my first guess would be that you're trying to execute "Daywalkers.exe.exe" instead of: Daywalkers.exe
But that could also be a wrong error message.
In general make sure that the file you're trying to run is an .exe file (windows) and make sure that you've not damaged the integrity of the executed program.
If all else fails I recommend reinstalling.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Looks like you got yourself a virus from somewhere and it's actively running in your system disguised as some system processes.
It was probably something disquised as a Ren'Py game, considering the icons attached to these fake system files.
Also, you probably didn't get it from here. If you did, please let us know where from exactly.

Last edited: