[S>Writer] Paid Professional Writer - Looking for Serious Projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faahresc

Professional Writer
May 30, 2020
Skills:
1- Strong misspelling tracking.
2- High-level experience in writing stories with rich and creative content.
3- Ability to make regular and balanced plans for each separate job and tasks to be done about writing the main story, dialogs, tasks, etc.
4- Ability to write strong, logical, and attractive background stories for the characters in the project.
5- The ability to write dynamic and realistic character dialogues.
6- In general, no matter what genre, the ability to keep up with all kinds of stories-topics and to produce content about them in a fast and effective way, as long as there is not much exaggeration.
7- As well as important elements such as characters, events, place and time, the ability to connect the introduction, development and conclusion parts of the story in logical, powerful, and very creative ways.
8- The ability to write realistic and fluent stories about the plot and the development of characters, and to write creative events and situations that increase the content of the project.
9- Full expertise in other diverse disciplines such as novels, short stories and articles, regardless of genre and topic.
10- My Specialties and Short Academic Summary: Philosophy, psychology, diction, oratory and writing techniques, literature and art history, sociology, etymology, and more…

As there are so many more skills in me than what I wrote above, I think these skills that I have written is enough for now.

Preferred method of contact:
First of all, I prefer to be contacted by a message from here(PM). After our short talk, if we want to talk about things more seriously, we can go to discord and talk about things much further on there.

Employment Type & Rates:
I would like to say that the payment may vary. Because of the size of the project, the dialogues to be written, the background stories of the characters, then how big the main story will be, etc. There are many things like that. Therefore, I cannot say anything clear about the payment. I also want you to know i have proofreading skills and have done for many years. but if you want to take advantage of it, you have to pay extra because this will require separate work from start to finish. I am a professional writer, the payment I demand can be calculated on how many words I have written in total for the project. So maybe we can come to an agreement over this. We will also talk about the details privately for the payment. The most important condition for payment is to get a fixed fee instead of a share from the Project, if possible. Because the money to be earned with the support given to the project will go up and down constantly and unfortunately, this will not be a profitable and healthy gain for me in the long term. Of course, I'm open to sit down and try to come to an agreement on this as well. But if we are talking about a logical and fair new payment option of course.

Availability:
This can vary like the salary, but I can say that I can allocate a standard 2-3 hours every day for this job. Some days this can be 4 hours. If the time I offer is less for you, unfortunately I can't be a part of your project then.

Work Samples:
I will show the work samples on discord when you contact me.

Additional comments:
I'm a professional writer since 2016. I took several professional courses about writing when I was younger and did everything I could to improve myself in writing. Now I am working in a good and successful company as a result of these. So I'm definitely not an amateur writer.
The main reason Why i want to write stories and design characters for the games that are still developed on this site is because I am new to the game industry and I want to develop myself and do different projects, improve that side of me. If my working conditions are suitable for the job you are doing and if you wish to work with me, I would like to see if you put the links about your project under this thread or explain to me your project when we start talking about business. Finally, because I know that there will be a payment problem in very small or new projects, I do not look very favorably on them. However, if you still have a new project and want to work with me, of course you can make an offer to me without hesitation anyway. I would also like you to know that I prefer to work with people who do these things professionally and with some seriously planned schedule rather than making them as a hobby. Because when I have tried to work with people who have little experience in general or who do this job as a hobby, we have had a problem of lack of planning and disorder in most of them, so it would be better if you come with a proposal or interview request for serious work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Powerbabe

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
If you are serious about this and want developers to take your writing talent seriously then I would do the following change:

"I am very particular about work samples. The reason for this is that if I'm going to talk about business, I just want the person I'm speaking to see the work I do, rather than anyone seeing it. So long story short, I'd rather show work samples according to the course of our conversation. "

This segment of your post is a huge red flag. It comes off as either too secretive like you are trying to hide something, or lacking in confidence in your own work. Game developers do not want a writer that is worried others will see what they have written. They want the opposite actually.

What I would do if I were in your position to come off as more appealing to developers searching for a writer is go to an erotica site (such as literotica). Then I'd write a short story or 2 using the same name as on f95. Then I would present this publicly as a work sample.

Faahresc

Professional Writer
May 30, 2020
If you are serious about this and want developers to take your writing talent seriously then I would do the following change:

"I am very particular about work samples. The reason for this is that if I'm going to talk about business, I just want the person I'm speaking to see the work I do, rather than anyone seeing it. So long story short, I'd rather show work samples according to the course of our conversation. "

This segment of your post is a huge red flag. It comes off as either too secretive like you are trying to hide something, or lacking in confidence in your own work. Game developers do not want a writer that is worried others will see what they have written. They want the opposite actually.

What I would do if I were in your position to come off as more appealing to developers searching for a writer is go to an erotica site (such as literotica). Then I'd write a short story or 2 using the same name as on f95. Then I would present this publicly as a work sample.
It has nothing to do with a lack of confidence or keeping secrets. Of course, writers write so that others can read their projects. The words I said there are for this;
If someone is seriously looking for a writer, if they contact me, I will show them what I have done anyway so they can criticize me by telling me whether they like my work or not, or if they want to work with me. We think differently about this subject but I understand what you mean. Also thank you for your advice.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yihman1

InqusitorX

Dec 4, 2020
I have to agree. My thinking is: It seems strange for a writer to be picky about who reads his writings. After all, if you publish your works you have no control over who reads them. So wouldn't a professional actively try to put out samples of their work? In the same vein I would not contact a 2d artist just because he says that he can paint... I would want to see his portfolio.

Faahresc

Professional Writer
May 30, 2020
I have to agree. My thinking is: It seems strange for a writer to be picky about who reads his writings. After all, if you publish your works you have no control over who reads them. So wouldn't a professional actively try to put out samples of their work? In the same vein I would not contact a 2d artist just because he says that he can paint... I would want to see his portfolio.
Do not interpret what I said in your own way. I said that I will show the work I have done to people who will contact me for work. Also, I never said I was picky about the people who would read what I wrote. I said that I am particular about work samples because I do not need people who will not offer a job to see my work samples. I will show my work samples to people who want to see my writings if they are willing to give me a chance. I don't know how much more I can explain this to you. I think I have made the clearest explanation I can make about this subject. If you are not going to offer a job or talk with me about recruitment but will continue to judge me based on your own thinking and based on what I have written, I will ask the moderators to delete your comments under this thread. All of us have different views and mentalities, so what I write may seem unprofessional or not correct to some people. There is no rule that everyone will be satisfied with every post or word. I opened this thread for people to contact me if they are looking for a writer and intend to offer a job. Not for other people to make comments about me. And finally, I want to make this statement, for those who already ask a question like "why should people make a job offer without seeing your work?" I will show the people who will contact me what I have already done at the beginning of the conversation, if they do not like it, they can tell me this clearly and continue their search for a writer. This is not a very laborious or time-consuming action, and also why should I have to show my job samples to people who are not going to offer a job? I also did not share what I wrote to the public in order to avoid interesting and unnecessary comments about my skills or other things which is what you are doing right now. ( Your judgment on me right now for simply writing something that I think is true in my own way for example.)

Status
Not open for further replies.