• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Programmer] Paid Programmer wanted

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Please read in entirety before messaging me.

So I am not ready to close this thread quite yet. But I do have several people who have reached out and contacted me. So if you come and see this post and still might be interested feel free to contact me and I will get in contact with you if in the future you can help.

Thank you.

Project:
- SexCraft: A Royal Conquest (Please play the game before contacting me so you know if this is even a game you would be interested in working on.)

Developer:
- BlackWebGames: ,

Looking for:
- Coder. Currently the game is in Renpy but given what I want to do I feel that Unity or Unreal would be better, but if you think you can do the things that I will be asking for in Renpy then feel free to message me as well.

Employment Type:
Paid commission upon compleation of tasks.

Work commitment:
- Long term, Part time

Preferred method of contact:
- DM me here to start then we can move it over to Discord.

Job Description:
-I am looking to overhaul this game so I can make the game more interactive, add map traversal, along with other game mechanics. This would include adding a journal, character stats, movement between locations, day and night cycle along with having events happen on certain days during the game. And more.

- Work would be divided into tasks and paid upon completion of each task given. The first task which will also act as your application will be porting the current game over to Unity or Unreal and overhauling the GUI. As well as make character sprites light up and darken when talking as well as add some more movements of the sprites or other effects when appropriate. I can provide art assets as needed on request.

-I will be the one writing the story and scenes as well as creating any art assets that are needed. I would be sending you a layout of the scenes and how they fit into the overall game as well as any images for the scenes and then you would be the one to write the code and implement them into the game making sure the flags are set properly and the like.

- Payment will be $200 for the initial overhaul, to be paid upon completion. Then $100 for every subsequent task after that. The idea is that this won't be a full time job but instead something you can just work on casually. However, except under certain exceptions, each task is expected to be completed within 4 weeks of receiving it. If you get the tasks done sooner than all the better, you get paid and I can send you a new lists of tasks to complete.

Additional comments:
-I have been burned on this project by 3 different people who agreed to work on this and in the end provided no finished product. So please do not contact me unless you are serious about working on this project. If you did contact me in the past and I did not properly respond, I apologize. I did not handle closing this posting as well I should have.

-While this is a side project and as such I am not putting in a lot of time into this game that is not to say I am not committed to it. So understand that if you are looking for something that is going to make you a lot of money fast, this is not likely going to happen. But if this is something you think would be fun and would like to do on the side and get paid for it as well, then lets talk.

- I am putting a deadline on the overhaul of 2 months. If you do not think that you will have enough time in the upcoming months to work on this than please let this just pass you bye for the time being.

-If you are interested and have read this entire post and have actually played the game, then send me a message here with 'let's code a game' in the tittle so I know that you have done both those things and we can talk in more detail.

-if you have any questions feel free to message me or leave a comment on this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sextus-400

NotMyBlood

Nov 28, 2022
I'm interested, but I don't seem to be able to DM you. My account probably doesn't meet the requirements, or I am just missing the DM button.
You can DM me here, or directly on Discord at notmyblood.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Additional comments:
-I have been burned on this project by 3 different people who agreed to work on this and in the end provided no finished product. So please do not contact me unless you are serious about working on this project. If you did contact me in the past and I did not properly respond, I apologize. I did not handle closing this posting as well I should have.
A piece of advice: If you want a product with a decent amount of quality, make sure you can pay for it. You're much likely to achieve your game if you save money to pay for a reputable programmer (ideally with a contract).

Unity/Unreal are very complex game engines, no good programmer would accept porting an entire game for $200, realistically you should be considering saving at least $1000.

You can always get lucky with a random person on f95 for cheap, but luck doesn't seem to be on your side, considering you already have been burned by 3 of them.

Best of luck in your project.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Unity/Unreal are very complex game engines, no good programmer would accept porting an entire game for $200, realistically you should be considering saving at least $1000.
I guess it's a good thing I'm not asking to port an entire game. Only the prologue of a game.

• Angry
Reactions: Houtamelo

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
I guess it's a good thing I'm not asking to port an entire game. Only the prologue of a game.
Still, we're talking about the entire underlying framework. The entire game loop, saving/loading, dialogue system (with presumably ported RenPy features such as rollbacks, etc), minimum level of audio implementation (sfx, bgm), UI system, data structures for laying out the written scenes and more. Even if you find someone who would be willing to work for 5 bucks an hour (which you most likely won't) - 40 manhours won't be nearly enough for principal development of such features. At best, you MAY find someone who will port your stuff to a mish mash of pre-existing tools from the asset store but even this would leave them basically in the red since the necessary tools will cost more than $200.

Houtamelo's $1000 won't even come close. Probably won't even find an Indian programmer for that kind of money - why would they when they can make ten times the cash while slapping a few components together in React Native for some corporate's mobile app.

Just giving my 5 cents from the perspective of a "seasoned" Unity developer and programmer. I applaud your willingness to pay for someone to work with you, but you have to keep in mind that you're basically competing in the job market now - and your offer is just not up to par. As harsh as it sounds. Looking at your income sources I understand why: the $200 are 50% of your subscribestar income already - if I could give you one advice it would be to stretch out your intially planned development time and don't slap a fixed payment on the entire engine swap. This may give you some leeway in getting all the necessary parts together.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Houtamelo