Others Project Aphrodite (Ravens Build)

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Currently making a new game using the engine. Which allows you to make a first person dungeon RPG similar to the veins of Wizardry, Dungeons & Dragons, and Might & Magic.

It's WIP name is Project Aphrodite (better name pending) but for now I'll call it "Project Ravens" since it will be using characters from the game that I loved but got removed from Nutaku: Brave Girl Ravens, it's to serve as a proof of concept since I cannot find similar fan-made games on this platform

Development screenshot so far:

projectaphrodite.JPG

To be honest I'm amazed at the simplicity of this tool, as it allows me to play it while designing, it does all the calculations for pseudo-3D graphics so you don't have to. All you have to do is to design the map, put the walls and the background (which serves as the roof and floor as well) and put in the NPCs and events, and set what monsters spawn in the area and that's it, the problem I'm having right now is the assets, as you can see, I plan to make it look like a tower in the field but I have to draw my own, so someone who makes tilesets and fake backgrounds (to make it actually look like a tower) will be highly appreciated

For now here is the plan, in order of importance:

1.) To make things simple I'm only putting 3 bars: HP, MP, and Lust, other features such as Hunger will be implemented later, for now I'd like to have the initial concept done
2.) Built in Sex system, characters can gain lust on the go, which in some cases, they may get less effective during battle, and reverse rape you once things have calmed down (outside battle) but this leaves you vulnerable afterwards (in the mean time during development, I'm limiting this to camp functions to relieve Lust and Heal HP/MP)
3.) more varied environments (for now, I'm currently content with our roster of enemies and other non-harem NPCs)
4.) camp progression, every character you recruit offers more than combat, they have their own domestic skills to make progression easier (blacksmiths, merchants, alchemists, apothecary, priests, chefs, etc)

Sep 4, 2018
This looks like a very interesting engine to work with for your project. Do you have any idea of how hard it might be to use it with git or some other version control?

Piter Georg

May 4, 2017
OMG Nutaku is one of the most commercialized platforms. Talk to people in the RPG branch or people with similar ideas. The idea is good but requires a team with finished concept. The game must contain interesting story, logical design, and dynamics also. Always remember… Inspire others, and be inspired. Befriend your local artists. Inspiration is not genre specific.
Never stop creating dear Overlurker

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
OMG Nutaku is one of the most commercialized platforms. Talk to people in the RPG branch or people with similar ideas. The idea is good but requires a team with finished concept. The game must contain interesting story, logical design, and dynamics also. Always remember… Inspire others, and be inspired. Befriend your local artists. Inspiration is not genre specific.
Never stop creating dear Overlurker
Thanks but I do not intent to market this in Nutaku, due to IP reasons as they are the original licensed publisher of Brave Girl Raven, X-Overd, and Millennium War Aigis for the English Market after all (P.S. Nutaku, can we have them back, please?). , this game will just stay here at F95 and possibly ULMF, There will be no Patreon, no Subscribestar, or other crowdfunding platform

My point is to create a proof of concept that I hope others will follow, or serve as the backbone for others to make similar games on if they don't want to make their own engine. They can just simply get the original files, edit the code and replace the assets, and whoa-lah, new universe, new stories.

Looking forward to what stories you can make.

This looks like a very interesting engine to work with for your project. Do you have any idea of how hard it might be to use it with git or some other version control?
I think not, since this is on SourceForge, they even have the Source available there as well for download.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Should I pixelate harem sprites, or just leave them as is?
Or perhaps leave their portraits untouched and their Battle sprites (fighting against them) pixelated?

Sep 4, 2018
I think that for the style of the game, sprites should be pixelated. It matches the aesthetic of the rest of the game better, in my opinion.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Additional work then, these Pixelation is made by . (free version, so I cannot market the game at all as well as I need to purchase the studio version to sell the game) All I need is to make sure everything looks united at least, with the other sprites, I've yet to figure out their degree of pixelation (8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit) and same with colors.

Edit: Nevermind, it turns out, I need pixelated sprites. But events and character portraits are fine.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Work will be slow as I have both Work and Studies

I was speaking with the as well regarding issues I ran into using this engine. Looks like I have a lot to adjust with the H-scenes as well

All big event images must be squares, that is divisible by 16x16 regadless of resolution, so if I want to go 3200x3200 I can do so, but I won't cause why would I? And that will eat my cpu performance (devs confirm)

Procedural Dungeon creation is at the works, I may wait for it to come, since that will be a godsend, reducing my work by up to 50% letting me focus on World building (towns and static areas) and Characters instead.

Underwater is at the works but I will ignore it since I don't need it for now, but it's good to know

Camp conversations is at the works as well, so no sex in camps for now, I'll move sex scenes on Inns or whatever town you're in for now. Perhaps some bonus from having sex while in towns (instant safe recovery, buffs, etc), and just make up excuses in camp

Progress:
1.) Rosa: Sprites done, needs to adjust conversation, party, and event portraits, as well as the sex scene needs to be formatted to at least 640x640, initial plot is in progress (wake up, practice (mock battle), sex), only one sex scene will be made for each character, making multiple is just overkill for me right now
2.) Leticia: Sprites WIP, No portraits, Sex scene needs to be adjusted, plot is in writing for now, may be late-game. (she was the easiest to edit hence I did her in the middle)
3.) Elena: No progress yet, plot is in writing, will go hand in hand with Rosa as initial party members, sex scene, again, needs to be adjusted
I'll add further characters only once I'm done with at least one of them.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Announcement, frustrations aside, with regards to my job and studies (or rather OJT) which may be an opportunity since it requires me to study programming on other OS (such as Mac)

Right now I'm trying every single engine (free and open source at least) see which one can work better

You can say I downgraded, but I found an easier engine to work with, ladies and gentlemen, the engine that the classic Neverwinter used to run on: . Which is a good opportunity to make one that works not just on PC, but on Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android platforms.

Thankfully I can now reduce my graphics for environment by 75-80% (since I don't have to draw side graphics anymore) though expect the backgrounds will be more simpler and less fancier.

So it means I can just focus on the character sprites, adjusting the graphics, and the events as well...

I'm also jamming X-Overd and Senshi's Revenge characters on this game as well. Not just Brave Girl Ravens... so maybe a new name instead?

Flame_iscool

Nov 6, 2020
Dam this looks good gonna bookmark this page for me to downlod this game later , how long before relese ?

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
Dam this looks good gonna bookmark this page for me to downlod this game later , how long before relese ?
Was about to tag the game as deadpooled or Abandoned, until I have a solid grasp on the new engine, I'm quitting on using the engine because even if the viewpoint is 3d the moment you hit an enemy it transitions to 2D turn-based A-la Fire emblem style of battle which I don't want to do. So I'm studying other engines instead such as Unity (piss poor performance) and Godot (much better). Furthermore you cannot make randomized areas on it, I don't want to make a complex map. I also removed the levelling and stat systems to make things even less complicated

Expect the folowing changes:

-Gameplay will be like a roguelike, bite sized dungeons with global progression
-No more world map, this will remove my need to make a detailed storyline instead, after you clear a dungeon, you get 3 choices where to go next. (the 3 choices decide the terrain and what comes with it, such as monsters unique to that terrain, the traps, and that's it)
-dungeons are randomized every run
-girls will be randomized (getting them that is), so that I don't have to write a full story for them anymore
-No actual "Game overs", if you fail a dungeon you just lose your loot for that run, but the girls stay with you and no NTR (I know, but this is my game and I don't want to write even a single line of code for it cause 1.) not a fan and 2.) I'm getting lazy and just want the game to take care of itself), the game will treat it as a completed run and give you 3 new sets of destinations
-There's only one level: Your level, heroines have no levels, instead their stats are determined by their equipment, Your level dictates the rarity of the loot and the benefits your party has, but everyone will rely on equipment
-Every heroine comes with 3 skills: 1 basic, 1 special, and 1 limit break. the other skills can be gained from equipment
-gameplay will be card based, you are given 3 cards to use at a turn, from the heroine's basic and special attacks to the equipment they have, which will be pulled from a randomized deck of 6 cards (for example your heroine might have an equipment card named "spiked boots" which gives them the skill "bleeding kick" this will be added to the deck)

Reactions: Flame_iscool