Collection Others Escape from Paradise [v0.7.0] [RimeTheVixen]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

xxxx4444

Aug 13, 2018
At this point I don't even want the damn games I would MUCH RATHER see him just consistently release animations or something.

I really love his artstyle and fetishes but his patreon prices suck and he has released basically nothing in the three years I have followed him, the actual gameplay is always buggy and not particularly fun. Dude needs to give up.

Oct 22, 2021
At this point I don't even want the damn games I would MUCH RATHER see him just consistently release animations or something.

I really love his artstyle and fetishes but his patreon prices suck and he has released basically nothing in the three years I have followed him, the actual gameplay is always buggy and not particularly fun. Dude needs to give up.
Eh, I do like the games, it adds a personal level to his work that I don't think you get from just an animation or image. The fun of escape from paradise is not knowing if you'll be able to escape or be caught and let your captor have their way with you, each failure making it more difficult to escape next time until you reach critical mass of just bumbling between enemies until they finish you off. It adds a lot of great tension to the game and is even a better gameplay loop than 90% of other games that are either VN's with barebones "Do you want to have sex with girl?" options or RPGmaker games where you use a stock moveset until you lose where you get a single picture over repetitive dialogue that lasts for 3 minutes. So I do think that the gameplay is worth it, I just wish that he took the gameplay he had, made an entire game out of it, and moved on, instead of trying to revamp it with every update.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020

I prefer he just focuses on one game rather than parry 6 games (3 of which were throwaway games that don't seem to assist the current games)

If he wants to do his Ichikoro remake, then fine. But he has to put a cut-off point for EFP. If he wants to focus on EFP, also fine. But don't then keep posting the Ichikoro remake development. And this includes the comics and animations. Those things takes time, and you can't solve it by a enlarged multi-tasking.

Oct 22, 2021
I prefer he just focuses on one game rather than parry 6 games (3 of which were throwaway games that don't seem to assist the current games)

If he wants to do his Ichikoro remake, then fine. But he has to put a cut-off point for EFP. If he wants to focus on EFP, also fine. But don't then keep posting the Ichikoro remake development. And this includes the comics and animations. Those things takes time, and you can't solve it by a enlarged multi-tasking.
Pretty much this, the model of having EFP be the general game for most of his characters and content, then having smelly island as a more simple game focused on extreme fetishes as a side project, while occasionally taking breaks to make an animation, comic, small game, or other project he can finish in a month or so seemed to be working well and I don't know why he decided to give that up.

I believe he was starting to hit limitations with the engine he was using (it's designed for very basic RPG's and was likely being twisted heavily to make the design of EFP work) while also having increasing expectations of what the game should be. Maybe he's really averse to programming but it really isn't that difficult to make a basic 3d exploration game in something like unity or godot and that would have made everything much easier to work with.

Last edited:

AHSDD

Feb 4, 2018
His stuff is pretty unique. Has anyone got any recommendations for artists or games of similar gamplay/themes?

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
His stuff is pretty unique. Has anyone got any recommendations for artists or games of similar gamplay/themes?
Nope. That's how niche it is. But I can recommend you this game. Mind you that I have propped this so much specifically to compare whatever EFP is even suppose to be as a finished product
I know, right? I personally bought palworld cause there's a pal in it in a cave near the ancient ruins and it's bio boils down to: "It is a sexual deviant, it WANTS. TO FUCK." thing has a crotch-heart coloring on it.
I bought palworld out of principle. Seeing (can't be bothered to dig a truckload of tweets from months back, so I'll use Asmongold's response instead) reminds me of the heydays of Adobe Flash, back when you play the top games of the day and return to the classics once in a while, even if they never get updates. Because games used to be fun, made by people who liked to play, or at least have passion in the sweat of their work.

And while I haven't played the game as much as before, I'll rather play it once every month than even playtest Saints Row reboot or suicide Sushi squad kills the justice league.

Reactions: AHSDD

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Ok, good news. A game update from Rime.

Bad news (for mr Pacman). just Smelly .

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Ok, so we can safely say that escape from paradise should be declared .

He's focused on two games: Smelly Islands and Pllamentheth, a vore-based game.

Honestly, I believe he has a stronger fetish to gas and vore than any form of sex that isn't kissing.

• Sad
Reactions: dragonsix6969
Mar 18, 2019
Ok, so we can safely say that escape from paradise should be declared .

He's focused on two games: Smelly Islands and Pllamentheth, a vore-based game.

Honestly, I believe he has a stronger fetish to gas and vore than any form of sex that isn't kissing.

" I'm also planning to start developing RPG part of Project Escape next month."

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes