Unity - Abandoned - Project: Teresa [v0.1r] [Project Teresa]

1. 4.00 star(s)

wicked_hero

Good looking, funny dialogs and teasing "plot twists", rate 4 stars for combat system, it needs to be developed in future, best wishes to author, liked and saved to bookmarks. This is second version of game since debut and I wrote reviews and rate games not so often, but this game is worthy.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

sajro94

Too much of the dialogue options seems like they hold no meaning. If you take one choice you get one response, but if you take the other choice you either get the same exact response or the same response with a mild change in flavor.

On top of that the number of bitches you are interacting with that treat you like trash at the start is a bit annoying, a bit too ham fisted with shoving it down your throat that you are playing a nobody.

The combat is boring as it is, needs to be balanced much more. Nothing except for the pink baton, shield, and when you get the elven hourglass is useful.

The sexscene is good art, but it lacked interaction. Either proper interaction or at least some choices about positions, speed or anything.

At least the art is good, and the two crew members aren't the worst.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

almasor

Fucking gorgeous art, great music that fits thematically with the whole sci-fi vibe, most characters instantly make an impression on you (love my crew, hate Shauna) and the mystery of your ships seems to set up a story that reminds me of Lucky Thirteen, so I'm interested to see where it goes, but there's too little at this stage to say wherther it will be good or not. What I can comment on is the writing of the characters and they all feel like their own person even with the small amount of interaction I had in this build. The combat now right is very simplistic, but I can easily see more mechanics and even deckbuilding beign implemented in the future, but what is there in this build reminded me of the skeleton of Black Book. Overrall, can't wait to see how this game progresses.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

rainwake

v0.2

Pros
    + Familiar textbox controls. Similar to Ren Py, mousewheel can roll back textboxes, holding control skips through text
    + The art is nice

Cons
    - It's not clear where you're supposed to go at the start of the game. You're just wondering around from place to place talking to NPCs to look for some sort of quest or some kind of story development. It would have been better design if all of the locations, except the one you need was hidden until the story gets going.
    - The flow of dialogue feels very unnatural and disjointed. There's too much filler dialogue that does nothing to move the plot forward.
    - Many character sprites are missing
    - Combat has no depth. Still can't edit your deck. There are only 6 cards and the only cards worth using are Elven Sandglass, Pink Baton & Shield. Since you can't see what attack or buff the enemy is about to play, or how much damage the enemy's incoming attack is about to do, and you heal to full after every battle. The best play each turn is to click as many Pink Baton attack cards as possible to end the fight ASAP. That's all the depth there is. It's unclear if shielding lasts one turn or stays on until you get hit.
    - Mousing over an item in the inventory doesn't display what it is
    - No gallery
    - No quest list
    - (bug) Making a save right before the Monk mission makes a save that can't be loaded. You get stuck on an infinite load screen. Even closing and reopening the game does not fix the save.
    - (bug) The ship is 10% damaged when picking Jarma as gunner and Luthien as pilot. Later on, Luthien says it's 15% damaged

Conclusion
    Very little has changed since v0.1. You're the captain of a daycare, with the misfortune of managing the children that are your crew. There's zero professionalism and incompetence runs high. The combat has no depth. For some reason, as the captain of your own ship, you can't pilot it yourself. I gave this game a second chance, hoping that some of the problems from 0.1 would get fixed, but that is not the case. The art is good, but that's all the positives this game has. Would not recommend