VN - Ren'Py - Project X [v0.2] [Gecko]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

Pros: renders are decent, Plot is just starting (still kind of confused) but seems to have a lot of potential with mafia/sci-fi stuff/ancient magic fantasy elements so story can literally go anywhere, Music selection is very appropriate, writing is very satirical at times pointing out the clichés seen in adult games, usage of sound effects and pauses definitely reminds me of Eternum type humor, so well done! Love the achievements too and interactive parts are easy and fun as well. Pop culture references are pretty good too.

Cons: Writing can definitely improve with more grammatical fixes and more indepth/meaningful wording (especially during places where mc is having inner monologue and the cliché type convo of whether to pursue motherly figure or not). Renders can definitely use more polishing too especially lighting.

Verdict: Game has AMAZING potential to deliver well with the kind of plot and the characters around MC. I just hope the intentions are made clear on who's the good guys vs bad guys and what is going on cuz I was a little lost. But I think since it's still so early in development that will improve. Definitely try it cuz it's fun!

(insert Palpatine voice) We will watch your career with great interest....
  2. 5.00 star(s)

alexsnootwo

Excellent game with too little support yet.

The plot is very promising, I love the the universe featured

The writer's choice to be unconventional is great, I like the fact that he does not fear to make some touchy jokes. The comic genre is well mastered when featured in some scenes. I remember having laughed out loud more than twice.

The models are gorgeous and their personnalities well shaped from what we can see. The MC is still unknowned from us but the third chapter looks promising in that matter.

Graphics are good enough for this kind of 3d Art, the perk of this game are clearly special effects and animations.

Musics stick perfectly to the differences athmospheres as well.

Overall I'm not affraid to put 5 stars to this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

RikiTikiTavi77

This is an amazingly compelling entry with polish on par with developers with several amazing games under them already. It's on a level that only the top tier can compete with and I'd use the game I'd most compare it to but the mention of it might have the comment removed. Begins with Eter before going comfortably numb. For a .2 release I am already hooked and eagerly awaiting the next update. The animations, design, characters, everything is top tier, thought out, and polished. I'm surprised how well music is utilized If I had a gripe it's that the humor, which I enjoy, can sometimes run on and interrupt what you're actually there for at frustrating times... but I still find the humor appealing. All in all easily one of my top five games out of nowhere.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.2

I played this for roughly an hour and a half and had no idea what the fuck was going on at any point. Everything is so incredibly disjointed and almost random? That I just cannot get into the game. It's like a fever dream in the worst way.

The dialogue is bloated by a lot of humor that I just don't find funny. It got a light chuckle out of me a couple times admittedly, but made me roll my eyes the rest. It doesn't help that it feels as though we are playing as a man-child as well. The strange pervy comments, crude lines, and the trying too hard to be funny monologues. He's just weirdo really. And his shameful dark secret? He's just in love with his, essentially, adoptive mother. I'm not clicking with him in the slightest.

What's strange though is that this game has a really good foundation. Good looking renders and environments, good animations, music, sound effects, the whole works. But the writing and dialogue are falling so flat for me that I found it hard to continue. Part of it may be a translation thing, but I think the issue runs deeper than that.

I honestly do think something interesting exists here, but It's being done in such weird way that it's turning me away from the game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

honkyfifteen

Wow, i am very impressed with this game. Its a but early, but there is a lot of content already. Has great characters and even though the plot is not clear yet, it leaves you wanting more.
    Also dev has great sense of humor and it shows in the dialogues and scenes.

I am surprised this game is not popular yet, but maybe the release of this chapter will garner more attention.
    I would say to people here to support the dev as this game can become a masterpiece.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DiPeppo

Not much content so far, but I very much enjoy what I have played so far.

Story: Since there's not much content, there's not much story to go off on, so I will leave story out of the equation.

Characters: Very nice looking characters. I feel like Gecko was inspired by Caribdis. The models and the writing give very similar vibes, not to mention the humors (with the dialogue and special effects).

Overall, solid game and I look forward to future updates.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

JB08

The girls look nice, interesting plot, some funny dialogue, fresh assets I havent seen before. So far its pretty fun. Looking forward to more. Its still pretty early in the game so who knows how it unfolds but so far so good.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

When it comes to this style of visual novel i've become pretty skeptical on 1- if im actually going to see past the art visual style and still enjoy it and 2- will i get invested in it only for the development to eventually become the same endless wait that games like waifu and ecchi currently have..
    I'm glad to say that after giving this title a try i was very happy to see such a unique art style, use of moving backgrounds, some well designed characters and a written narrative that could have my interest going forward..
    The opening scenes may have you confused as to what type of game your reading and playing, But bare with it and once the true plot unfolds you wont be dissapointed..
    Looking forward to seeing what Chapter 2 Onwards will add to this interesting debut..
  9. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

I don't really know where to start with this review. I guess I'll just jump right in there and see what happens.

First off, I have no idea what the actual story is about? The MC got a better job in a department with all women, but he acts like a timid mouse. Yeah there has to be balance between pervy and being cool but that doesn't happen at all.

Second: What is the main reason for SO MUCH INNER DIALOGUE? Lord Jeebus you could cram all that crap right into about 3 or 4 paragraphs and add some more story content. This alone dropped this VN down from 4 stars for me.

Third: Why does the MC come off as a scared undeciding douche? Give us choices that allow us to get a bit of a spine. Perfect example: Your boss basically corners and forces you to tell her what's going on. If you say no, she calls you a liar, saying yes leads her to basically threatening to fire you, and being silent lets her make her own conclusions. How about we have to option to say no, and her drop the subject? Or for her to just ignore it and move to a different topic if we remain silent?

Fourth: There are so many different spots where the writing needs some minor word repairs. Other than that it isn't to bad. Fix some minor wording errors and thing's might be better.

Overall
    With, I guess my lack of understanding of what is actually going on, I'm lost with this story. There are several things happening all at once, the out of no where you get the brief intro to the Queen and her people. Just toss that in there with no real reason. Something like that should have come after where the VN just abruptly stops.

Fix the grammar and ease off of cramming 10 pounds of story into a 2 pound sack and this could be a really good VN. And shorten the inner monologue to a more manageable pill to swallow. I think 5/6 consecutive scenes of what you're thinking is a bit much.
    Please remember that these are just my thoughts. With minor tweaks this could be a good VN. Good luck to the dev.
    And even though I only gave 3 stars, I do recommend others give it a try. I have seen many other VNs on here with 3 star ratings that I have actually enjoyed. So don't let my review turn you away.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Shadowmine

So I'd go ahead and say, the majority of my points are positive.
    Technically I am very impressed with the UI - some fine magic used on this game and actual interest in improving the default. It feels like the author took some time and effort to think about "the outer looks" (the part which is usually the most ignored). Atmosphere wise, especially in the beginning - fine mood, nice music choices. Seemed to become a bit more stale further into the game, though (that's an arguable point). I like the interactive screens - they are a nice mixup to the flow and a very, very nice touch. The occasional render with a broken neck, but that's fine. We've had worse in the past and the overall quality was good. Simple lighting, no shaders. A few very, very good renders that stook out to me (First RLD screen). Writing wise, I had a few laughs here and there and a few facepalm moments, so it was a good mixup. Didn't feel too forced or artifical, so I'd say the story was rather naturally fluent as well (exceptions about to be named).

However, the three big break points (flashback, council and timeskip) put huge damper on me. They'll inevitably kill off the interest of other players. They *are* artifical compared to the rest. How do they wove into the story? How long are they? Why are they happening? Is this still an about-dystopian world or is this time travel? A lot of questions that, unfortuantely, resulted in a highly out of place situation. I'd strongly suggest trying to weave it in more. The reader doesn't have the background of the author and just feels out of place on this.

That is the major negative I (and others I played with) had. Game could take an interesting direction, however I'd rather not try to become a Scholar to remember all the facts and details to make sense of the story.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Bartholomnus

Really promising start! It's actually really funny. I like the Humor and the story is pretty original and interesting. It has good renders and some really nice animations.
    The writing is also decent but could use some proofreading.
    Given it's a harem game i hope the player will be able to choose who to include in their harem and who not.
    I'm definitely looking forward to simply more of it; keep up the good work!