VN Ren'Py Project Zodiac [Development Thread]

patesz98

Jun 15, 2020
BG_4K.png
(English is not my first language so im sorry if there is any problem with the stuff im about to write!)
Since i haven't came up with a name, let's just call this
PROJECT:ZODIAC

Hello everyone!
About this project!
To be honest with you im kinda nervous because i started the jorney of making this game like 3-4 years ago?
Okay it might seems like a lot of time, but for me its like i just started it last week.. this was my first time writing- hell, ever seeing what programming looks like.
So in this 3-4 years i was learning to write better more optimized codes and i had to completeli start over this project 2(!!!) times.
But im finally happy to show you the 90%-ish completed game! Once i fully finish the early planned features and finishing the Prologue, im gonna finally upload the first version of the game! Well, this is it for now, don't wanna bore you let's see the game!

This project wouldn't be possible without Ren'Py and Koikatsu!

About the game!

The game is gonna be like a JRPG with Open world(like), Crafting, Tycoon, Trainer elements!
The idea behind the game was a
Sandbox, Dating sim game with many features so i though i make it an RPG.
The focus is on the harem of course, i mean this game is a child of
Ren'Py and Koikatsu what else it might be.
What can you do in the game? You can
fight foes (and do stuffs with them), date girls (and do stuff with them), Run an Adventure Guild with many members!! (Guess what! Later you can do stuffs with them too!), Collect, Craft, Sell, Level Up, Lock up Monster Girls in you Prison (Yes!)
And it's just the beginning! Im planning to do much more in the future but i have a long way to go and i would be happy if you guys follow me on my way to make an awesome game!
This might seem exciting and promising, but is it really gonna be like that or i just wanna make my game look good?
Well i do wanna make my game look good, but i have many things to show you!

Let's start with the basic RPG things like the Characters!
(Im currently thinking to change the class pick to a way more interesting character creation, but im afraid it might end up worse so feel free to comment about it.)
In the beginning you can pick one of the three starting classes, very basic stuff right?

class.png
But oh.. this is like very basic, Mage can shoot fire.. Swordsman can slash and Spellsword can do both but worse!
Well, not exactly, there is many classes in the game and there is Elements and you can combine them freely, and you have to because some enemies are immune to some elements or magic spells. Currently there is 8 Element in the game: Fire, Water, Wind,Earth,Ice,Thunder,Dark and Light. They can counter each other.
Oh, almost forgot! I did make every character in the game have a basic Class/Element, but you can freely modify them too!!!

OKAY! Let's see the Inventory and stuff!

As you can see in this pretty little inventory, there is a lot going on!
There is a ton, i mean a TON of different items in the game like, Weapons (different types: Swords, Daggers, Staves etc.), Armors, Rings, Books, Chocolate(!).
Yes you can have chocolate, but you can't eat it cuz it's a gift for our beautiful girls!

inv_book.png

I don't wanna talk about stuffs long, so let's be simple: Weapon, Armor, Accessory is what your characters wear to gain bonuses (like ATK, HP and stuff.)
Material is what you gonna need to craft items or upgrade your Guild. (Im gonna talk about it too in a minute!)
Consumables like potions you can use in battle or in the open world to heal up or gain bonuses.
Books are kinda different, you see, characters does not have any Skill Trees/Windows, but they can learn Skills from Books and Scrolls!
And why is it better? Just think about it, what if your Tank can use Necromancer skills? Or your Gunslinger can shoot ice?
Well i make it sound like some complicated game, but it isn't, i mean it's a Ren'py Dating sim in the first place.

Let's just take a quick look at crafting!
I haven't made that many progress with this like i wanted to, so it's just gonna be like a basic crafting system in the early stages.
What im planning to do with this is so you can craft your own items. What do i mean by that?
Take this Dagger by example, i want it to made out of Gold instead of Iron or have a black Handle, so every item can be random and unique!
(I want it to affect the stats of course)
Wait a minute! I wanna mention the RANDOM part in this! I made it so every time you find something it's gonna be fully random (The look, the stats everything!)

My goal is to make this to every item so you don't have to look at 69 Iron daggers in you inventory every timeyou open it! I mean unless you want to, cuz you can craft them.

craft.png

Let's talk about the Tycoon part of the game!

In the beginning of the game you gonna buy a very old abandoned guild house, then as you progress further in the game (Not related to Story mission) you can Upgrade it to be better, have more Fame so you can recruit better members, the higher the Fame and Rank you can accept better Quests/Operations.
Operations are like quests generated for you guild, you can send members to complete them. There is many type of operations available even in the early versions (Subjugate, Hunt, Gather, Boss, PARTY!) yes you can pay gold to have a party so your Fame and the members Morale can rise up. Well i wanna make every feature in the game optional, which means if someone like the Tycoon but not the Combat, well you don't have to (Story combats can be turn off in the settings).
I want to make my game so everyone can play it as they want to play it.

Well this is it!
I hope you guys gonna like it, cuz i sure having an amazing time working on it!
Feel free to leave a comment what do you think or you can suggest changes, im open for everything. :)
Im gonna post like every 1-2 weeks from now on so you guys can see the progress!
Thank you for reading my post!
I leave you some images in the spoiler section!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Hmm, looks interesting, if you actually follow through it might be on the better end of koikatsu games with gameplay