VN - Ren'Py - Projekt: Passion [v0.11] [Classy Lemon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

amandressedlikeabat

The story is good, and the girls and scenes are excellent. The game is very funny, especially all the different ways to get killed, and you'll want to try to find them all (and you can immediately undo so you don't lose anything.) The game isn't complete yet, so I eagerly await each update.
    The one negative is that the menus are extremely slow for some reason, however the rest of the game runs smoothly, so it doesn't take much away from it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ibosch2000

I love the animations and the story, it is one of the best VN you can find. It has lovable characters and I like that the story has some brain. If it wan't for the NSFW content (wich is really great) I would recommend it even irl :giggle:
  3. 5.00 star(s)

noobtrain

A brilliant game in nearly every way!

I haven't given out a 5 star rating for a while now but this game definitely deserves it!

Pros
    • Excellent renders and visuals
    • Excellent and unique game universe
    • Excellent and unique characters
    • Excellent story
    • Excellent writing
    • Excellent character development
    • Likable MC
    • Likable characters
    • Good to excellent sex scenes
    • Good to excellent animations
    • Good to excellent cutscenes
    • Game kept me intrigued the entire time
    • Plenty of humor (some slap stick)
    • MC doesn't have a horse dick (he's big but not huge)
    • Not a "magic dick" story or characters who lust after the MC from the start (hugely refreshing!)

Cons
    • I didn't care for the male voicing for the MC. It didn't fit his personality or character IMO. Every time it happened it surprised me and took me out of the immersive story. I would have preferred a gritty, wise guy, burly, or even normal sounding voice. I really liked all the female voices.
    • It made me sad to see Ashe frowning all the time. Hopefully we can get her the cure!
    • It was kind of immersion breaking to see Kaylee being sidelined through the entire battle preparation on the desert planet. She was also sidelined through the entire station assault. Why? She is technically co-leaders with the MC. She has no value to add during these events? Very strange!
    • Ashe gets punched once in the face during the station assault and she passes out and needs a hospital/doctor? She is a melee fighter using power swords. It doesn't seem to fit. She didn't appear to be injured in any way before the punch to the face. Very strange!
    • Character inconsistency with Ashe. When the MC and Ashe first meet, Ashe moves at lightning speed and is the perfect stealth melee fighter. During the station assault, she is a minor character at best and contributes almost nothing. She just stands there looking dumfounded through most of it. Very strange!
    • Some minor English problems throughout the story (spelling errors and misused words mostly)

Overall, a brilliant game that kept me hooked the entire time!

It is rare to have a developer that can do it all - great story, writing, renders, animations, and sex scenes! The great story and amazing characters really sets this game apart from many others!

Humor is cleverly used throughout the story which is a huge plus for me! Some of the story elements aren't meant to be taken seriously and the game itself doesn't take itself too seriously which is refreshing.

The game deserves a 5 star rating and I'm happy that I played this game! It was very entertaining and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I highly recommend this game and encourage others to give it a try!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

gfryer

Projekt: Passion is a standout winner for two primary reasons:

Character development
    Story

The characters have depth from the moment of their introduction. As the story progresses, character backstories are effectively injected at appropriate times (none of that, "let me tell you about my past, Bob" nonsense). I find myself relating and/or caring about what happens.

There's an actual plot that gradually unfolds. The writer provides just enough story arc progress to keep me interested. There's a lot going on, but it doesn't come across as disjointed. It's apparent to me that the writer is experienced at story-telling.

Considering this is f95zone, I guess I should mention that the renders are above average, but certainly not award-winning. The characters appear to be unique to this game, or I simply haven't seen the models used anywhere else as yet. Animation is provided where "appropriate." There are also several cut scenes that are well done and include voice-overs.

The dialog is usually quite good, mixing serious subjects and appropriately placed humor. The one notable exception is when the MC is engaged in "intimacy." Picture a serious conversation between the MC and a woman tortured by the pain of drug addition recovery. She finds comfort and refuge in the MC which leads to sex - sex that helps alleviate the pain. That's the moment the MC says something like, "nice tiddies ." That can be funny under the right circumstances. But, here it seems out of character - jarring even - and pulls the player out of the story.

Minor quibble aside, this game is worthwhile for anyone who enjoys good storytelling and character development. If you're able to support the author, I believe Projekt: Passion is worth it.

That's enough for now, I got stuff to do.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kaintfm

This review is based on version 0.7 released on 04/24/2023

‘Projekt Passion’ is equal parts hilarious, dramatic, suspenseful, and sexy. It is an all-around improvement over the authors previous lesser (though still very good) work ‘After the Inferno’, with noticeable improvements in the adult content, rendering, and storytelling. The current version’s final adult scene is about as good as they come when it comes to set up and pay off, eclipsed only by some of the most popular titles on F95. Truly a must-play for adult visual novel fans who don’t mind a bit of silliness mixed into their drama.

While I tend to write “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” reviews, I’m hard pressed to find anything to criticize when it comes to ‘Projekt Passion’ that wouldn’t sound like a pointless nitpick. The current version does not include group adult content, the earlier adult scenes are noticeably shorter than later ones, and… well that’s it really. If that were enough to keep someone from playing the game, that person’s standards are too high for any adult visual novel.

While there are genuine dramatic moments, this game is, first and foremost, a comedy. Thankfully, the author has the talent needed to pull it off. Humorous scenes have excellent comic timing, leaving me laughing out loud more often than not, and the numerous “Game Over” events are always played for laughs, such as telling a gate guard to open up or face your wrath resulting in a nearby turret turning you into confetti, or charging at a giant troll-like monster resulting in your face being planted into the ground over and over again. It’s fun (and according to the author, intentional) to deliberately choose the options that result in a game over to see the myriad number of ways you can get yourself killed, and there’s even an achievement system to let you know when you’ve seen all of them for a given scene. One of my favorite moments involves lampooning the Star Trek style sci-fi gobbledegook answers to problems with them instead being solved by whacking the system with a wrench, resulting in a lengthy sequence that had me rolling on the floor.

That’s not to say that there aren’t serious elements to the story. There are, and despite the humor I found myself caring about and empathizing with the various characters and love interests. There are tender moments later in the story that were genuinely heartwarming and will likely sit with me for a long time to come. Love interests deal with complex issues like drug addiction, abandonment, and other tragic backstories that, while not unique, are well-fleshed out in dialogue as well as flashbacks to memories of past events. The author manages the careful balance between comedy and drama beautifully, reminding me of far more famous media, such as Thor: Ragnarok.

As for the adult content, let me preface by saying that I’m a bit older than most players, and so more effort needs to put into the setup and the payoff in order for a scene to “work” for me. That is to say, if a scene works for me, and several of them did, that means any 18 – 20 something will have no issues getting into these scenes. While the author’s previous work, ‘After the Inferno’, is animated similarly to ‘Projekt Passion’, the addition in ‘Projekt Passion’ of dialogue during those scenes makes a huge difference. The setup is also more fleshed out with better motivations for the scenes occurring. Where ‘After the Inferno’ tended to begin scenes with the amusing “Sex/No Sex” choice, ‘Projekt Passion’ avoids breaking the fourth wall during these scenes, and for the better. Scenes also include more angles, more positions, and better rendering. In other words, all of the improvements we’d hope to see in an author’s second project. The only criticism I can think of is the current absence of group content with all current scenes being one-on-one. However, the story is far from over, and there have been hints of love interests having bi-curious tendencies, so this problem will likely solve itself in the near future.

In summary, this game joins my very short list of adult visual novels which genuinely excite me when I find that they’ve been updated. A list that primarily contains only top tier, popular titles. I hope that this game will eventually rise to join them. It deserves to.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

no_one_actually

I fucking loved it. To be fair story and humour delivery is the best. Numerous times I really laugh loudly, which is something not regular for me.
    For sex scenes, I myself find them not that arousing, but that might be my personal view and taste. There could be some more additions of other aspects of "sexual" scenes/stories that just bonding > trust > sex.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

CWaki

Amazin VN. I'd like to thank the devs for such a treat. The story is well developed and catchy; the characters are unique to other VNs and every single one has a well built personality; the renders are top-notch. The only but would be the long scenes where the dialogue is a bit slow betweem the characters and the render is a still for too long.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Zorg771

I went into this game with fairly low expectations despite the stellar reviews. After finishing Season 1, I can't believe I'm typing this, but there's simply no other way to put it:

Classy Lemon just fucking gets it.

Fluid animation. Timely and entertaining lewd content. Unique character designs. Intelligent writing. Realistic dialogue. Engaging story telling. Choices with consequences. Solid world-building. Occasional voice acting that is actually quite decent. An MC that is neither a complete jackass nor a total pussy; he's actually extremely likeable, confident, and charismatic while still being a flawed and relatable character.

The humor is hit-or-miss for me, but the fact that it even hits at all is legitimately astounding for the adult game genre. So I'm considering this a positive.

I especially love how all the main characters get plenty of spotlight and they don't just interact with MC, but also with each other and form bonds together. The world does not revolve around the MC, and it's such a breath of fresh air in this particular genre. This is how you write a fucking harem game, folks. Take notes.

This is more of a side-tangent, but I've seen a few people complaining about Kaylee. Not quite sure what you guys are on about, because I think Kaylee is great and her relationship with MC in particular is one of the best parts of the game; she perfectly fits the main LI mold. A character clearly still going through her major character arc that involves her feeling useless does not mean that she is a useless character, it just means that the payoff hasn't happened quite yet. By the ending cutscene of chapter 7, I think it's pretty clear that it's coming soon.

With all that said, Ashe is still best girl lmao

I think my favorite thing about this project, though, is that the dev is active on Patreon and gives updates/teasers weekly. Not to mention that his actual release schedule is pretty consistent (1-2 months per episode is very solid considering the quality and scope of the game itself).

Overall, this is a game that I think is already one of the all-time great AVNs, and it has a good enough cast and story to have several seasons of content and more, which would further cement its legacy as long as the quality doesn't suddenly dip. Very excited for this project's future. Please just keep up the good work, Classy.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

(Version Reviewed: v0..7)

I enjoyed Projekt: Passion a lot more than Classy Lemon's first game (After the Inferno). The dev has improved compared to the last release and it's something that I feel is worth celebrating.

I liked the premise of the game. The setting of retrieving something personal snowballing into trying taking down a large organization works out well with the storytelling. The story had a natural growth each update. Some may not enjoy how the crew's plans keep getting changing, but I loved it. After all: no plan survives first contact.

The characters involved in the story have been a strong point from the very beginning. From a compelling MC in our cowboy gunslinger to the Love Interests to some of the villains to the minor characters involved in the story have all been written in a way we become easily invested in their fates and either root for or against them. The character interactions have been something that makes me come back to the story after each update.

If I have some complains about the characters, I would say it's only about Kaylee (who seems to be the main LI) and Solarin (the antagonist).

Kaylee is kinda boring. We had some fun moments when we meet her parents, but after that she mainly just exists in the story. All the other LIs seem more interesting than her. She is learning the way of the gun, so I guess she will become more important as the story moves on. But, I think she could've been more useful in the story if she were written as a mechanic or someone who's an all-rounder.

Solarin is forgettable as the main villain. I even had to reopen the game to know whether his name was spelled right. I was about to write Solaris initially. I think it might've been better to keep the antagonist as the faceless executives of the organization and leave the physical confrontations to Aria who has been an interesting character.

The humor is one of the best across all AVNs. Sometimes it hits you with absurdism. Sometimes it's the subtle jokes. Definitely the strongest point in the game.

The renders have improved massively since After the Inferno. All the LIs look attractive and the surroundings makes the game a lot more immersive.

The music sounds pretty good. The voice acting isn't distracting. I like the fact that there's a codex to remember some points that we might've forgotten since the last update. The updates are fairly regular.

Overall, I would rate it at 9.5/10. The only reason that it falls below a 10 for me is the main LI and the main villain. I honestly feel somewhat guilty to not rate it at 10 tbh. Hopefully, those issues gets solved in the second season.

I hope that all users give this game a try. It's truly a gem. I wish all the best to Classy Lemon. Looking forward to the next update!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

MagnusTempestus6

I really like the humor and all the facial expressions in this one. The deliveries are so on point all the time. A lot of creativity in here in my opinion. The writing and story are pretty cool so far and seem to be ramping up to something truly epic. I love how there is a lot to see in terms of backgrounds and environment. Really great to immerse in the scifi setting and to follow the story. Can't wait to see where this is going.
    Good luck and keep it classy ;)
  11. 4.00 star(s)

vilgellm

Sincerity is not a word I use a lot when talking about games, and Projekt: Passion is one of the few I can call just that - Sincere.
    Know that feeling of comfort and relaxation when talking to a really old and good friend? Laughing at stupid jokes and discussing anything that comes to mind, without reservations? Yeah, that's the feeling this game invokes. The passion, as the title itself says, of the author to this project is apparent, it just oozes the joy of a person working on it, and you can clearly see the insurmountable effort it took to get this good on every single frame.

I want to start with the visuals, and bring the attention to the backgrounds. They are gorgeous. The dimly lit neon alleys of Tartarus and its claustrophobic inner spaces chock-full of people perfectly embodies the spirit of sci-fi dystopia that is slowly choking on itself. In contrast to that, the picturesque sights of other planets really feel like something different, perhaps even alien, but undeniably beautiful, which is a great feat to achieve in a small project.
    Moving on, we have the meat of the game, and what's most of the players are looking for - character renders. They are a delight to see. Their unique art style is carried from the previous game, and are looking better than ever. Some of them, such as Ves or Ashe, could look a little strange or uncanny under certain angles or lightning, but it's not a problem you will often see, if at all. Character expression are very lively and rich, which is always a joy to see, and they even look good in short animated cutscenes which appear every once in a while. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention the fully voiced and neatly animated cutscenes? Talk about going all out.

Now, let's get on to writing, mainly the writing of the main cast, and the intimate scenes that, if you so desire, could occur. Starting with the main character.
    Man, the Cowb- Gunslinger is just a treat to have. Witty, but not overbearing, smart and skilled, but vulnerable and insecure, characterized, but still have room for player's choice. Just a great protagonist to have.
    I won't talk about every single member of the crew, or we'll be here all day, but I'll say that they all have a pretty unique and distinctive design, and are written strongly, giving the impression of real people with their own struggles, emotions and hardships. (Ashe best girl, fight me). One of them, I feel, is not up to the others, but I will talk about it towards the end.
    Now, the sex scenes, and this is what impressed me the most. All of them, apart from maybe one, have a good reason to occur, they have proper build-up, they are emotional, and most of all, they make sense. Hell, that's not a thing you see very often in this kind of games, and is a testament that the author cares about proper relationships and appropriate situations, instead of just dropping them to fuck like apes to fill a scene quota.
    Speaking of scenes, they are all animated, and are done so quite well. Pleasing to look at, smooth, just a joy to see, really.

Now, to some negatives, and why I think it's not quite up to the max ranking. (I wish there was a way to set 4.5, 4 is too low)
    The story. It's just... kinda there, to provide the backdrop for character interactions. Weird pacing of "I'll do this, but oh, I guess we now do that, just joking, we are not doing that anymore, whoops, we now are roped into this" is a bit dazing, and makes this game look like a series of sitcom sketches. Everything is either happening too fast and abrupt, hovers a bit too much on inconsequential events and joke setups, or doesn't have enough time to brew with something significant.
    The main villain is a bit of a nothingburger. He appears, says something vague or (non)threatening, and then fucks off into the sunset, to do the same thing again after a short while. He is kinda like Saren from Mass Effect, but without the necessary charisma to carry the role, and the steady trickle of information about him you get from progressing the story.

Last thing I want to talk about is Kaylee. She is just... not that interesting for (I assume) the main love interest for the Gunslinger. She is just... there? Doing... stuff? The bit with her family was fun, but after that there is, like, nothing going on for her. She often gets the spotlight, but does nothing with it, and it feels like a bit of a waste, considering that every single other member is more interesting than her, and would be more fun to have around. And yes, I know that even the game itself is pointing out that she is a bit useless, hopefully with plans to remedy this flaw, but as of now she is just boring while standing front and center.

TL;DR
    A great game with a soul and palpable passion from its author, with incredible visuals, strong and colorful main cast, great humor, tasteful sex that makes sense, but is held back a bit by its insignificant main story, weird pace and, as of now, a lack of solid direction to move in.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Infuriongames

It's hard to find much to fault with this AVN. There aren't a lot of stories with a good space-flight-themed adventure. ClassyLemon builds an excellent harem adventure that doesn't go overboard with too many characters. Each girl is well thought out, with compelling and emotional backstories. The subtle humour and polished writing are matched only by the images and animations. As you play Projekt Passion, the quality only improves. H-scene animations are among the best I've seen to date and set a high bar for others to follow. If you're looking for an excellent story with top-tier visuals, look no further than Projekt Passion. Come jump aboard the ship and let the motley crew of incredible women take you along for a ride. Flying along in the spaceship is fun, too.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

lipe2410

Review of version 0.7

One of the best VNs currently. Great humor and funny gags, but also a good balance between comedy, action, drama, touching moments and character's growth.

The story is well-paced. I like how the character's backgrounds unfold during the story, given to them more deepth and make u the player sympathize wtih them even more. The girls, being humans, aliens or androids, had a unique looks. Not the usual hiper-hot-beauty of the others VNs, but still all of them are incredibly sexy and hot. And more important, with great personalities.

The animations and the cutscenes are between the best out there. And this is maybe the only game that really know how to use voice acting and sexy moanings/sounds in a way to enhance the game experience, without sounds cringe and out of place.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Miyakei

1. I think this is a good game, I find myself very entertained. I'd give it a 10/5 but unfortunately we don't have the ability here. The game has truly great models, I especially liked all of the main LIs and the animations are top notch. However, my major grip with the game is actually the humor and the story. For one, the humor gives me too little Star Wars prequel vibes. In this type of game I think humork works best, when it's used more richly. As for the story, it did not feel like an exposition dump, while being very info heavy, there was more than enough engagement to keep me from getting bored
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1465339

I don’t think this is a bad game, but I found myself bored. I’d give it 3.5 but unfortunately we don’t have that ability here. This game had very good models that I liked especially with the alien chicks and the animations. However, my major gripe with this game is actually the humor and the story. For one the humor gives me too many Star Wars sequel vibes . In this type of game I think humor works when used more sparingly. As for the story it felt like an info dump with not enough engagement to keep me from getting bored.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5870572

I like a game with a good story. And this one has it. It also has a heady mix of humor (rare to find in a porn game) and intergalactic intrigue. The game's humor is entertaining and does not deprecate the gravity of the storyline. At least in my book.
    I like the group of characters featured here. It's a diverse group of characters and has different backgrounds. The demian race and their eyes kind of break the immersion. The sex animations are good, the motivations of the characters are well thought out. The sex feels rushed in terms of story - but then again it's a porn game. Who would pay for a porn game that doesn't feature sex? So that's understandable.

To all the tl;dr -ers reading my review, this is NOT a small game. This one has story and shit. It's not free roam, it's linear but it's good.

Play it if you have time and are fond pf good stories.

This review will change according to future releases.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

dreamgoat

It exciting Story, Jokes are top tier no half-ass jokes that really cringe. The renders are amazing, characters are delightful which makes you care for them great writing Classy Lemon. Try it for those who are looking for a fun ride filled with adventure. P.S. The death scenes are hilarious LUL
  18. 4.00 star(s)

MikehuntHerpa

3.5/5 - v0.7

I don't know what to think of this one but it just didn't get me into the mood. By all accounts it does a few things incredibly well:

- Well written dialogue
    - Unique usage of solid quality cinematic scenes
    - Camera panning might be controversial but I thought it did add to the liveliness of the scenes

But something just did not click for me. The story did not interest me and because of it the accompanied torrent of dialogue became annoying to go through. The women didn't interest me either and I attribute that partly to their models. Something about them just did not appeal to me. Their personalities also seemed to just.. not be there?

I don't know, for me this became a big miss at some point. Despite that, I can appreciate the effort put into this quality game. The quality is there but the story, character visuals, and the dialogue just did not appeal to me. Even though the story and the dialogue in particular are of good quality. Still, I do not want to bring down this game's rating with a lower rating just because it subjectively didn't appeal to me since the quality is there after all.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

etool

This is a great game and the story is good, the humor is also top notch (subtle but effective) ... like the wrench hitting and the janitor, they are just a few good ones

models are great, getting to know them is always welcome, makes them people, not just objects

my only issue, same with all other games i do like, ..... I now have to wait for more greatness

also so happy the shark is back, I was heart broken when I realized it might have been missing
  20. 5.00 star(s)

starc4

This game really has everything, great humor, story, renders, and of course girls of all types and great scenes. Can't wait to see what's next, I've subbed for a year on patreon so I can continue playing this game, wishing the dev the best of luck on the steam release.