VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Promises [Ch. 2] [M3do]

1. 4.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I wanted to give this 5 stars and i might still later on once the game gets going, story is good and has potential and the girls looks very nice, animations are good as well, it also has music which is nice.

Only problem i got at the moment is the chapters are very short and with only 2 chapters out after 2 years this could take 10 years to finish or more..which makes it high risk for getting abandon at some point.

But i will keep following this one due to the great graphics and potential.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

HunterSeeker

The best part of this game are the renders. That's about it. The game has a bunch of lag due to the many pauses. The story isn't special and has very little depth at all. It doesn't really make sense that the MC comes from a struggling family due to a death of the father but doesn't really help when the mother gets sick; he's out living his own life. The sister character is really annoying too. The other characters are okay in their own right. Either way, the writing is very poor and unenjoyable.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Holdos

Although I have not yet been able to read it in its entirety, what I have read seems to me to be a great game, emotional and romantic. The character makes himself and the memory of that promise from the past invites us to continue reading and delving into this very interesting novel. The graphic quality is good and the female protagonists are pretty and sweet. My compliments to the developer.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

deku12

For version Ch. 1.1:
    First of all the renders are great especially Tiara and Petra (I am sucker for green eyes and red hair), there is not much content yet, but at least you can predict where the story is going. The animations are also great too, and if you enjoy some slice of life story, this game might be for you.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MrReez

Downloaded this on a whim, literally judging it by it's cover, and I must say I am not disappointed; quite the contrary, I'm actually very pleasantly surprised. The renders look beautiful, the models look great, and although still in its early stages, the story has me hooked. I will be following this with some interest.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

Version Played: Ch. 1

Time to Complete: 15 Minutes

Disclaimer: I was already predisposed to dislike this game due to events surrounding its release. Despite this, as it initially shown promise in its description, I decided to try it. Unfortunately, that promise, in the current state of the game, simply does not compare with the reality.

TL;DR: This is the result of a very good graphics artist trying to make a game but ultimately being a terrible writer.

Story TL;DR: The story is extremely rushed, leading to shallow characters, nonsensical interactions, a lack of any ability to relate to or empathize with MC, and a superficial feel in general.

[2/5] Story: I do not see great Promise in this game. The backstory is incredibly short and to the point, failing not only to convey any emotion whatsoever but also at growing any attachments to the characters. Its only success is in telling you how you relate to a single character and to (almost accidentally) give the a couple of lines of important backstory. This, unfortunately, continues throughout the entire game. Characters show no depth, many interactions fail to make sense, scenes are rushed through, and MC's thoughts are never laid out. In general, it all feels superficial, as if the story was an afterthought.

[4/5] Renders: This developer of this game is an experienced graphics artist and that shows in the renders. Even then, quality varies from render to render. While a select few of are incredible, most fall between "above average" and "very good."

[Just No/5]: The game is incredibly aggressive about showing its renders. In the short 15 minutes of gameplay, there were 45 hard pauses, forcing you to sit between 0.5 and 5 seconds each. While this does not sound like much, it is incredibly annoying as it forces you to wait when you want to progress the dialogue.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

lolbenis

Very early on so this is a bit hard to rate as of now, so I might change my rating later. For now let me rate a couple of components of this game

Renders: 10/10
    The girls are stunningly beautiful. Especially the MC's girlfriend looks just about perfect. Honestly these are some of the best renders I have seen so far.

Animations: 10/10
    The animations are fluid, the lightning is great. They are long and don't just consist of a very few number of frames that repeat all the time. Seriously, the animations are gorgeous.

Foot fetish content: 10/10
    The game has a decent amount of feet content which I really welcome as someone who has that fetish. Normally foot fetish content is an after thought in AVNs, but this dev put some serious effort into making appealing foot fetish scenes. You can give your girlfriend a foot massage, the whole scene is animated and you can even see her breathing heavily and her body moving in pleasure in the background. Amazing attention to detail.

Story/dialog: 4/10
    Now for the reasons I cannot give this 5 stars yet. To be fair, this game is still very early in development so there is a lot of time for the dev to improve on this front, but so far the story and character interaction is a mess. The game constantly quickly brushes over story points and moves on way too quick. It takes absolutely no time to set a scene, to describe what is going on, maybe write out the MC's inner thought. There is barely any of that. The writing is very minimalistic, like the game just wants to get the text out of the way quickly so it can show off it's visuals. Same with the sex scenes. The visuals are great but due to a lack of text and dirty talk they feel very short.

Also some of the character interactions are frankly absurd. You meet up with your long lost sister that you abandoned. So what happens? A heartwarming scene where both brother and sister cry and hold each other in the arms? Maybe she gets angry at him for abandoning her her and he tries to apologize? Nope, none of that. MC doesn't give a shit and is barely fazed about meeting his sister he hasn't seen since childhood and who he had a close relation to. He just goes home and thinks about how hot his girlfriend's mom is lmao.

In conclusion, this game is definitely worth playing for the amazing visuals. But the story and characters fell kinda flat as of Ch. 1.1. If the writing improves to the same level as the visuals it could become one of the best games on the site, but until then I cannot give the 5th star. Still, I am optimistic for this game's future.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

Impressive first outing for M3do, this game has the makings to be an all time great. Too soon of course, but if this first release is any indication then I'm gonna buy in.

Story:

Too earlier to sum it up, but I always laugh at the numerous games that plot involves the MC moving away for some odd reason and returning all of a sudden. This story properly illustrates what happens when tragedy strikes a family, no I'm not talking about a family dog or friend of the family, but one of the pillars that is your Mom and Dad. There's a lot of grief in this story that's yet to reach the surface.

Renders:

Beautiful renders, the women look nice and natural. There's a couple of Milfs along with some petite beauties so something for everyone.

Gameplay:

Simple. It's a smooth, functioning VN.

Characters:

There's been talks of the MC's level of coldness, if you wanna call it that towards his sister Tiara. It's a discussion to be had with players who actually played the game, a lot of points were made. In my opinion, it all comes back to grief and I think some of us like grieve in our own way, and sometimes that's involves isolating ourselves for the ones we love. Tiara is your rough around the edges little sister, but we know why she's that way, you have a Girlfriend and your sister's friend and that's all for now.

Overall this game is worthy of at least a try, I highly recommend it. Plus there's romance, so for fans of that genre, dive in.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

lokoper

It's still very early in the game and there's not a lot of content, so a review right now seems kinda pointless, but anyways...

I like this game and the pretty girls (especially the sister and the boss are excellent models) and the story itself isn't half bad. Now tbh, while i gave a 5star rating this game is more like a 3,5/5 stars but i wanted to encourage the dev to continue his project.

Right now i think the biggest flaw in the game (like some have already mentioned) is the MC. I don't really like this guy and while i'm trying to help him in his journey, some of his actions and thoughts make him a douchebag. I hope we'll see some character developement in the future updates.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

moose_puck

OK, this game has a lot of promise and I like what I see so far.

I only gave it 3 stars for now, because, honestly, this is only a demo so far. Very little content and it took me less then an hour to get through it.

Pros:

• Renders are top notch. And the two lewd scenes were nicely animated.
    • The MC's sister is very cute and I hope the dev does right by her. She's perfect for the "tough on the outside, but a powderpuff inside" role, lol.
    • The MC's boss is very hot. I look forward to what she has to offer.
    • The UI and music make the game seem nicely polished. So the dev has the base solid, now he needs to develop the story and scenes.

Cons:

• The sister's friend is a little vanilla, IMO
    • I'm honestly getting tired of the whole crime backstory in these games. I wish some of the devs would draw on real life experiences instead, for their stories. Heck, just grab a random newspaper and pick a page for inspiration, haha.

I'll update my review after the next update. Best wishes for the game's success.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Ruff Ryder

First I'll list the characters names so that I can talk about them in detail:

Sister: Vanessa
    Girlfriend: Nora
    Co-Worker (red hair): Aya

Love the models. Vanessa seems a bit of too young looking character, as she really looks like she's 16, so I am concerned we won't see of her much - not talking about the sexual content.

I like these stories, in which the older sibling, mostly the brother, leaves the family and the left-behind sibling/sister really struggles in life.
    What I don't like is, when these stories end up in lewd scenarios with each other. One little accident á la slipping and falling together on the bed would be okay, but I don't want Vanessa to be a LI.
    We need to build our relationship as siblings together, as this most definetily will be important for us to co-exist with each other.

Aya on the other hand would be interesting to be as a LI. I decided to tell her about Nora 'cause I wanted to be truthful, yet I want to see Aya in action.
    She seems like a tough but also nice girl, so that really speaks for an interesting character. Really enjoyed our kiss together.

Now Nora. Nora Nora, sweet Nora.

Beautiful model, pretty sweet and innocent yet eager to take steps into action. I hope we can prove ourselves towards her mom. Would like to have that hindrance out of the way.

The lewd scenes with her were amazing. Loved the feet scene. Most games screw the feet stuff up, which is why I was hesitant but I can surely say, that we can expect some good scenes and feet!^^
    The scene in the theatre was nice as well with her swallowing but I would've like more from our stance. I'm not sure we finished her off but I was really hoping for it.
    The dream, though it was all a dream (got that reference?^^), really amazed me.
    Short yet very detailed in moments where it mattered most.
    This was a very pleasant scene picturing what's yet to come!

Renders: 5/5
    Characters: 4/5
    Story: NA, since we literally have no idea what's gonna happen.

- Ruff
  12. 5.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

This game is very promising, the look of the characters and graphics are their highlights, in short, what is lacking in it, are the present choices, they have no relevant impact on the story... But anyway, it's worth giving it a try to the game... I think I could make the dialogues more interesting, but anyway, let's see how things go in the next updates.

Below are my grades for each category, where 10 is the top grade:

Graphics: 10;
    History: 9;
    Plot: 9;
    Characters: 8.5;

Verdict: It's worth giving it a try.

(I don't speak fluent English, so the text may have connotations and word errors)
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Good renders and dcent looking girls but:
    How many times do i have to play the same game, where the MC has a girlfriend and in the first scene they try to have sex, and the father or the mother happens to enter the room or knock at the door?
    Why the parents in this VN are always dead, or alive just for the purpose of blueballing. Cause 99% of these parents wont even be mentioned in the game again.

This MC doesnt have a phone to call his "childhood friend" They grew apart?(thats genious writing there) Usually tragedy brings people together, if it doesnt, its because one of the parties is a piece of shit and or a selfish coward.
    Once again i have to play the role of a piece of shit who decided to ignore his "stepsister" who has lost her dad, and was left with the hardest of works which is attending an old person. After PROMISING. If you are a man and you cant keep your word, you are trash.

And later he sees her stealing and he thinks about her for 2 secons, he goes to sleep and thinks about well, how hot someone is. It shows how importat she is for him, and how grateful he is for all they done for him after his parents died. (As i said, a piece of shit, and i am supposed to make him happy, cant i throw in under a bridge?)

Why devs keepwriting this piece of shit of Mcs? Dont answer, its a rethorical question...
  14. 3.00 star(s)

clowns234

The renders / animation are amazing. Three stars for that alone. The story so far seems ok. Looks like it’s set up to be a relationship / harem game.

Here’s my problem:
    The MC comes off as either clueless or uncaring. Not a great choice either way for an MC, in my opinion, and I don't think it is by design. Since he is the main character, I think he could have been better developed. I feel like they wanted the opening scene to set up 'The Promise', which I really, really liked. Heartwarming. But then they decided to just rush to the main story with a quick 'they just drifted apart' explanation – which comes off as cold and uncaring. I think the Dev would have been better off to not have any explanation. Leave it a mystery to be explained later.

By the time the MC sees his childhood friend / sister on the bus, I can only interpret ‘drifted apart’ as ‘I moved on – fuck them’. His sister, who he hasn’t seen in supposedly years, is clearly in a bad way and his response seems to be ‘Oh well – sucks to be her. I have my own life now’. This could be written off as being lost in translation?
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    FYI - He does seem to get better by the end of this intro, and I do plan on checking out the next update. At a minimum, the renders and animations are well worth the download in my opinion.

15. 5.00 star(s)

Franchise18

Review of version 0.1

The story is engaging and shows a lot of promise (no pun intended). It is mysterious and intriguing. What happened to Tiara's mother? Why is she doing the things she is doing? How close are Tiara and Petra? It has much potential.

The characters look good and appear to be different. I have played many games that have female characters with the same bodies, just different faces, hair, and skin tones. These characters appear to have different body builds. I love variety!

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. If you are reading this, then I HIGHLY recommend that you download this game and give it a playthrough. It has lots of potential.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

HoboCop86

The game promises to be pretty good :4Head:

Great renders and animations and the story is also nice so far.

Feet content is thankfully avoidable and the Dev confirmed no NTR is planned what so ever, so that is a big plus too :WeSmart:

0.1 has about an hour of playtime maybe a bit more or less depending on your reading speed.

Go check it out