Proofreader Wanted!

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Hi there,

I was here last time (~2-3 months ago), but my older pals can't have anytime to help me out so again: I'm looking for a proofreader. My game is a non-profit project, so I look for volunteers.

All In Ren'Py
First let's look at the game:
- Themed in: Sci-Fi and Space Exploration (if Open World is on)
- Main character: Female or Futa (no other option)
- Romances: Only females
- Other tags it will contain: Romance (duh!), Incest (Sister-Sister, Mother-Daughter), Pregnancy (later time), Voyeur (later time), Open World (Later time), Combat (also later time).

Last two options is yet to be added to game and also just a might be. I have ideas how can I use these instead grinding.
- There will be also a posibility to have like an erotic carrier of sort (Would work well with Open World).

Base story line:
Sarah Lance lost her sisters and her mothers at a young age. Pirates attacked her family and kidnapped them. She dedicated her life to find them... But what she found... It showed her a very different world.

Well it's basically a very limited description of the game I don't want to do spoilers.

What I look for:
- A good skill in English
- Availability (I'm in no rush to release)
- Good communication (If you can't work, just tell me, I won't be mad, but keep promises)
Advantages but not needed:
- Use of Git
- Experience in Ren'Py code reading (not programming, just to have faint idea what is that code here and there)
- Discord
- References (Again, not needed but if you have something, I would look at it)

Learning from my previous mistake I don't want to release without proper proofreading but if I don't have any other options I would release it otherwise with a lot of warning messages.

I'll give a link to previous game of mine just in case you are curious:

EDIT: Any small amount of proofread is welcomed.

Reactions: p_staker
D

Deleted member 207364

Got pretty much everything you're looking for except git experience & references. I'm interested in game development & would love to peek behind the scenes. I also try to help out from time to time.

I'll gladly proofread your script so feel free to pm me in here or discord Pink#6388 :)

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I would be interested in helping out. I don't have any experience with Git, and to be honest don't know a lot about discord. I am slowly teaching myself a little about RenPy and python. Although I do not know a lot about Python I do know some about code.

If you want to look at it I made a English script mod for the game Dangerous Waters, I'll tell you I'm not the best storyteller but I thought I would give it a shot, the renders are good for the game, but the dialog and translation was lacking.

It may be more to manage, but it might be better for you to get a couple of people that are willing to help you.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Happy to help if needed. PM me. I beta test for a developer that uses ren'py. Plus in the process of making a game with Ren'Py myself. And the fact my main language is English.

Apr 27, 2017
Happy to help, have both development experience (not specifically in ren'py, but the essence and principles of most languages are the same) and English as my first and native language :)

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Happy to help if needed. PM me. I beta test for a developer that uses ren'py. Plus in the process of making a game with Ren'Py myself. And the fact my main language is English.
Happy to help, have both development experience (not specifically in ren'py, but the essence and principles of most languages are the same) and English as my first and native language :)
Sorry guys both but new update must have mixed up alerts and haven't seen your posts.

I already accepted first three voluunteers to help me out. I'm mostly behind progress on rendering since my render PC decided to not work properly anymore and I still finding a fix (that costs some money in worst time possible).

I would hate to turn you down but my code isn't that long (it's long) to give out jobs. What I need now is to continue rendering to a release. That said: it will be a long day.

Keep an eye out for the game - it will be free and no paywall - I'll link a Discord on that post (still a long way to go but not that long). Maybe you can help me with proofread another time.

Reactions: 8873672413434