D

Deleted member 171327

The most satisfying thing in this game is arresting that psycho at choice 2.

ttrop

Feb 13, 2019
Hello there artist for vortex here my names ttrop, and this Yui games was all my idea. i wanted to make a very short game only using imgs no animations to test the waters and see peoples reactions on how people would take a game with no animations.

i suggested this because with no animations i can give higher quality colour and be more detailed in the art. vortex was super nice to me and let me do this, even tho it would take time away from other projects.

this games was basically all me, and vortex let me do it to see peoples reaction.

vortex00

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2018
These guys need to decide what fucking game they want to make, christ.
I made my big giant 5 years long development game(s) in pre-patreon era, and they totally free. Right now I am just kinda having fun with small size games. It allows me to play around with different ideas I have.

These projects starts looking like sloniques(or whats his name)Short,using familar sprites and plot,short(yep,twice,cause they are really short).
But having a litany of half-baked "passion projects" is so much more fun.
And so much more *ahem* *ahem*
...profitable
please read ttrop's post. he was typing the same sentiment to me on skype after reading this post and I asked him post what he was telling me there to here.

we were also testing other animation vs image stuff here:

I feel like what these games really lack is a “straight man”, or some kind of character that acts as a tether to a realistic world. Everyone is like crazy sluts or depraved perverts from the very beginning. I mean I like that, but it’s even better with some buildup before they get to that point. Having a character (or a few) react realistically to the improbable scenarios might help the audience enjoy the silliness more.
There's a character like that named Joey, but yeah I can't think of any male characters like that presently.

It is short and decent enough, but it has a weird issue where it hangs awkwardly on certain images for too long with no way to speed it up. If I wanted to stare at one unmoving image with no text or animation, I'd look at an image gallery. At least there I would be able to move on to the next picture at my leisure rather than when some program finally gives me the okay. As for the sound, it is atrocious. To be fair, the sounds in most games on this site are, that is why I play almost every h-game muted. There are a rare few like Amorous Augury that actually put effort into their sound design, but those are few and far between. It is for that reason that you know you are in for a bad time when the game, like this one, hinders the player's ability to lower the volume of or mute the obnoxiously loud music and sound effects that start up immediately.

Why the fuck can we not enter the config menu from the main menu?
This game was by in large an experiment. also my most recent stuff has a bit better sounds, but it's tricky to sync audio with .gifs outside of a video format. iirc the config menu should allow you to lower or turn off sounds. If I decide to post any of these of steam or wherever I will have another look at the sound to see what I can do and look into a few other things also.