RPGM - Completed - Psychic Guardian Super Splendor [v1.02] [No Future / Kagura Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Ippolito

On a quiet evening, Koujo Nagisa was taking a walk when, suddenly, she is surrounded by two shady figures who sleep and kidnap her. The girl wakes up in an unknown room, with a voice in her head telling her that she has developed superpowers. How is that possible? Where is she now? Who is the voice in her head and, above all, who brought her there? With no answers, Nagisa decides to venture for this immense underground, with the aim of escaping and returning to his life.
    Psychic Guardian Super Splendor is the classic erotic game in rpg maker, with isometric map, turn-based combat and unlockable scenes in and out of combat.
    Let’s start from the game itself: the gameplay, as mentioned, is nothing innovative, between exploration and turn-based combat. Normal enemies, alone, do not represent a great challenge, while the bosses are strong enough, but they all fall under the sign of dps-check: if you have not leveled enough, they will be walls of life points difficult to knock down. As our heroine will have sexual experiences, these will also affect the fights: traps and special enemies will strip her and try to violate her. But what could be a simple eye candy, in the gameplay is a nightmare that results in turns on turns where Nagisa, blocked by excitement or unable to concentrate, is completely succumbed to enemy attacks, removing all control to the player. So try, especially in the most advanced plans, to avoid traps, worth long and unnecessary waste of time.
    A note of merit goes to the maps: the basement is divided into 20 floors, all of the same size, but different in complexity and structure, that hide treasures, prizes and traps in quantity. Each floor has colorful doors, that can be opened only with special passes obtainable by defeating bosses, which push a lot to do backtracking to find power-ups, useful items or get new scenes.
    As for the artistic side, it is definitely beautiful and pleasant to look at. The most recurring theme in the scenes is sexual violence, bdsm and forced cliaxing/masturbation, so if you are a vanilla lover and can not stand to see a little girl suffer until fainting, this game is not for you. The only downside is the poor variety of scenes, which tend, after a while, to repeat without any changes. A real shame: whether it is the first or the tenth time that an event happens, regardless of the levels of sexual training, sensitivity or lewdness reached, Nagisa will always have the same reactions.
    The characters are all cute, both good and bad guys, all hand drawn (minus the robots, but it doesn’t matter) and very colorful.
    Finally, the story is interesting enough, with a writing behind that, although not too complex, leads the player to want to discover it, following Nagisa in the discovery of her past.
    In conclusion Psychic Guardian Super Splendor is a good game, deserves four stars, does not offer enough to be a masterpiece, but it is also not so mediocre to be inadvisable. If you like the genre, try it.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

QuakingEarth

TL;DR Good story and art. Poor gameplay. Download a save if bdsm/rape with excessively long dialogue is your thing.

What an utter disappointment. Came here for bdsm/rape and got it but the way it was done was just so poor. For the sake of brevity (this ended up way longer than I intended lol) I'll echo with the reviews made by BDSM Connoisseur, markconnor, myjammies and FruitSmoothie. Read those if you want more details.

Plot/Translation

I enjoyed the plot, I'd consider it above average on this site. The official English translation quality was good.

Art/H-scenes

The art quality was good and was a good fit for the scenes. Unfortunately scenes only had 1 image with slight variations. The H-scenes themselves were, however, quite disappointing. Sure, if you like bdsm/rape, then you will get that (and only that), but the way they are done is just so... samey? It's like if you were amazed by horses and someone individually showed you a 100 of them with slightly different sizes, shapes and colours and after every one of them asked if the horse was amazing, it stops being amazing sooner or later.

Anyways, the formula for the H-scenes: Complain about getting captured and the incoming rape, complain while getting raped, orgasm, keep complaining and getting raped while orgasming a 100 times, be too tired so complain mentally as you get raped and orgasm.

I should also mention that these scenes are LONG, way longer than they ought to be imo. I left skip on and went to take a piss and the scene wasn't over when I came back... You'll especially notice this if you get a scene more than 2 times. First time is the first time, second time is the first time with some variation, but the third time is just the second time all over again, have fun skipping.

There is also some H-action in combat in trap encounters but it didn't do anything for me.

Gameplay

Hands down the worst part of the game. It's your typical RPGM stuff, it belongs there but the quality is as if it was done as an afterthought.

The level layout feels like it was made to be as long as possible. My inner loot goblin resonates with the many sidepaths and locked areas that are unlocked later with keycards. Standalone, this would be good but combat and traps make it suck.

Combat starts relatively balanced but eventually you'll just oneshot everything, which amusingly enough is a good thing. There are static encounters and random encounters. Random encounters can be quickly one shotted. Problem is with the static ones. You see, after defeating a static encounter, the enemies have a pathological need to say something to you before running off, and none of it is relevant or funny. Even if you hold down skip you need to wait a bit before you can be on your way again, it sucks. Bosses are dull as well, high hp and high damage, so you alternate between healing and dealing damage. Some of them use traps but that makes them even worse.

The traps. There's a few different variations (around 10), activated by walking into them (visible or invisible depending on settings). Some result in an H-scene, most with a combat encounter. There are way too many of the combat encounter types in each level and while they are interesting at the start, they quickly become a chore.

The trap encounter works as follows: You get trapped and enemies attack you. You must break the trap and then kill the enemies. The trap has HP that you can lower by struggling or using spells. Often the trap requires 2 casts of your currently strongest spell to break. For comparison, the first spell deals 10 damage and struggle deals 1. While breaking the trap, the enemies are groping and raping you, the "animations" of which take excruciatingly long to complete. And uhh, that's really it. You do have a pleasure bar that once full makes you orgasm (1 turn stun) and lose a bit of HP and MP.

Now, traps might not sound all that bad, but please, you have to understand. There. Are. So. Many. Of. Them. You run into them constantly and getting through them takes way too long and they bring nothing to the table after the first 15 minutes of them. There is a short golden period where they can be one shotted but it is truly short-lived. There is also a very fun and engaging mechanic of getting debuffs from H-scenes (what the actual fuck?). One of these debuffs is a random chance (mine got up to 15 %) after each H-attack (so while trapped) to lose the ability to cast spells on that turn. I can tolerate the other debuffs, but this one is so fucking bad. If you get unlucky you can't escape and a couple traps (very rare ones thankfully) can even stunlock you.

The traps are so slow that I would probably give this game 3 stars if I could speed up the combat to like 5 x speed. Rant/review over.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

RockType

Dissappointing, but then again, I don't enjoy "rape".

The gameplay is extremely basic, repetitive RPGM-stuff, with less variation that would be required for a game this size. The content is focused on MC's sexual-training, but the game has no real "slut"-paths or bad ends. Very little focus on mental changes, and more on just pumping the arbitrary "orgasm count" up. A very sadism-centric take on corruption-games.

However, there is some real gameplay and engagement, and the exploration os pretty nifty.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Miloreo

The combat system is very generic and we're pretty much doing the same thing over and over again. We can 1-hit common enemies almost all the time. The sensitivity system may make boss battles more interesting and tricky to deal with though.

Trap system is weird. Traps provide us a good amount of in-battle H-scene, but they we can destroy them way too fast with almost a fixed number of turns (no randomness involved). There are a lot of traps in the map, and we can set the game to show all traps, but it kind of ruin the feel.

The art is top tier though. Especially the MC's facial expressions, they will certainly turn you on during H-scenes.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

BDSM Connoisseur

Gameplay: pretty basic stuff. Random encounters are as mundane as they get, those don't use H-attacks at all. Then there are trap encounters, these are placed on specific places on map you can toggle visible/invisible. In trap encounters you'll get tied up and you'll have to destroy destroy trap and then enemies. While you're trapped enemies will molest you with H-attacks. Boss fights are also pretty mundane, kill them before they kill you, some of bosses use trap attack, same as in trap encounter.

Story: pretty meh. However there's enough of it to keep game on track. Personally I disliked the style where most of it is told through flashbacks.

H-scenes: BDSM tag lured me in. And yes, it's justified, in every H-scene the character is tied or being told what to do. On top of that after the scene you'll get training debuff, I really like that! Perfect, right? Well, not really. All scenes follow the same formula:

"guy did x, oh no! Guy continues, I'm cumming. Guy did x a bit harder, I came again. He came inside me. Please stop, I don't want to come anymore! Then I came 100 times more. and they finally let me go".

I'm not even kidding almost every scene is like that. In one of the scene there's orgasm denial torture, and it was a fresh breeze... and then it turned into same tired 100 orgasms story again. The other problem is, these scenes consist of one image and few slight variations of it, and they drag for way too long.

Overall, I don't suggest playing the game, if you like the art, go get full save and use recollection room.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

ricky2018

I've played about 2-3 hours so far game is decent. There isn't a lot of exposition to bored you at the start story is straight forward. gameplay is standard turn based. You don't have to grind in this game you gain stats pretty easy without having to level up too much. I strongly advised turning on the trap visibility because you don't want to have to go through the same sequence over and over after viewing it for the first time. level design is very maze like but it hasn't bother me too much with the dash command on.

EDIT:
    Gameplay drags on in later boss fights due to the struggle mechanic which slows everything down. It becomes more of a stalling mechanic than anything making the fights more tedious.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

markconnor

Finished the game, overall I found it middle of the pack.

Gameplay: As others noted, the restraint system was an interesting mechanic, but became more of an annoyance than an enjoyable mechanic. By the last level, you're just thoroughly annoyed that it takes 4-5 rounds of even your most powerful Psy attack to break the restraints, and clothing repair can't be used mid-battle, so if you're really at the mercy of RNG as to whether you'll end up clothed or raped by the time you can get out of restraints.

I also get the plot device that MC doesn't like to kill. However, by the umpteenth time the same foot clan wannabe comes to rape you after you've defeated them and let them run away...I kind of want to rip your fucking head off once I kick your ass so you stop with this nonsense and I don't have to see you again in 15 minutes.

Game mechanics punish MC getting raped, as sexual activity leads to "sensitivity" skills that act as debuffs. So you have to balance seeing the content while you're playing versus making the game harder for yourself. Also be aware you can't get a 100% completion and a virgin completion -- there are some chests protected by encounters that will lead to unavoidable rape.

Dialogue / Plot was pretty great. A Kagura translation rarely disappoints, so you'll be able to follow along with what's going on. The plot was pretty original and something you can get behind
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CG / Artwork was good, though I wouldn't say it was the best. If you like slime and tentacles, they've got you covered.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

myjammies

There's a lot to like about this game. The artstyle is great, the scenes are all amazing and there's an element of surprise to some of the scenes which keep you second guessing to what is or isn't an H-Trap. However, this game suffers immensely from its gameplay. I usually prefer gameplay in my games rather than scene collection but Sailor Splendor just frustrates you at every opportunity it has.

The biggest draw of this game is the H-Scenes. There's a nice element of BDSM which I haven't seen a lot of in RPGM games and the scenes are elegantly drawn. I enjoyed the variety in the out-of-combat H-Scenes. There were a few particularly good ones. What I particularly liked was the surprise element. All too often players are aware that their character is going to get boinked and have to walk over to conveniently labelled "H-Event" zones which just ruins the immersion for me. I prefer surprise. I like the corruption angle even though it's been done to death. Sailor Splendor manages that perfectly. You can make the traps invisible (great at first but maddening later on) and you get surprised into H-combat frequently. Initially, this is great since you're exposed to newer traps as you progress but it tops out at 6 traps I think and then never varies. Nonetheless, I liked the traps and I liked the H-element to the combat. There's also clothing damage which is also a plus. Out of combat scenes are when you stumble into a nefarious room, are sedated or trapped into chairs in various unassuming rooms. Particularly enjoyable, again. I liked almost all of the scenarios. Maybe could have done with more men than just shadowy figures and disembodied dicks but I'll make do.

The game utterly fails where wider gameplay is concerned, however. The traps that so appealed to me in the first half hour or so quickly became a chore because they were insufferably frequent. I couldn't walk three steps without encountering a trap or a random encounter. This is some of the worst RNG since Princess Go Round. The repetitiveness of the traps is further exacerbated by their limited variety and the absolute chore that is RPGM combat which is used to escape. You can't even mash z the entire time to get through the ordeal. This constant gameplay interruption wouldn't be as frustrating if the level-design wasn't designed to maximize your suffering. The levels are labyrinthine meaning you need to weave through walls and streams and rooms to get from point A to point B. And there are no shortcuts. You are constantly assailed every step of the way to get to the elevator/staircase. RPGM combat is a chore at the best of times and having your progress halted ever so often with the limited variety traps was galling. But oh, you say, why bother going through levels again? Why not rush to the end of the level and the game? That's because the dev had the bright idea to lock off rooms until you progress far enough and get keycards to open them. Why do you want to open them? Well, apart from the gear upgrades, a lot of the out-of-combat H-Scenes I mentioned happen in these rooms. So to get to a room, you have to backtrack. All the while suffering from the near-constant traps and random encounters which is exacerbated by the labyrinthine level-design. A triple whammy that should be impossible to recover from. This game frustrated me like no other.

Apart from that, the story for once had nothing to do with the H itself. It's not even an excuse for why our protagonist suffers so. It's just there. So why have I rated it so highly? I feel the scenario vibed with me. The H-Scenes were up my alley, the element of surprise to them was great, the fact that it rewarded a compulsive explorer like myself with scenes and equipment was also great. At the same time, the combat and general gameplay makes me almost want to not recommend this. YMMV.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

FruitSmoothie

Art was outstanding, H scenes were amazing/high quality (If you're into gangbangs, rape, bdsm at least), the in combat rape was pretty good too, though lacking quite a bit in variety for how long this game is. You'll see the same shit over and over and over. The H scenes on defeat last a while and had decent dialogue though (Voiced as well). Story was okayish, if kinda shallow.

The gameplay just fucking ruined it. Might as well have had auto combat with how repetitive it was and how long they dragged it on (12 hour game that could have been reduced to a 3rd of that easily). Only challenge or difficulty in combat was in rng. I hope the dev considers how to improve the gameplay and adds more variety and options for how to do things than they did with this game in future projects. Cool concept with the restraints and weak mobs ganging up on a strong girl, they just failed at making it interesting/fun/challenging gameplay wise. The combat couldn't have be much simpler. It kinda feels like an afterthought. You'll only get raped by poor rng, not poor decision making.

This is a rare time I'd say just get a full save or look up the cgs online if you're interested in the art. The gameplay is abysmal. Not only is it terrible, but the dev didn't seem to realize it and extended the playtime with grind far overstaying its welcome. If they at least went full "This is mostly just to view H cgs" type of gameplay and greatly reduced its length, I might have been more lenient with the score/rating. Big disconnect there between what the game offers to give you and what it actually delivers. Don't play this expecting even halfway decent gameplay for sure.

H scene wise:

I know kinks are completely subjective so I don't let it effect my score of a game, but I found it hilarious that she's gangbanged to another dimension in most of the H scenes, but there isn't a single one that has anal. They even complain about not having enough holes to quickly satisfy all the men around her during some scenes. Come on guys, she has an asshole, use it already. Lmao. One of those devs/artists you can tell is extremely against anal, it didn't even make sense to not have it in some scenes.

Also made me sad to not see the back view of the scene where she's trapped in the wall too. What a shame. Not enough butt/ass focus in the scenes, she's usually rather front facing towards the "camera". There's only one scene where you really get a good view of her butt, one of the masturbation scenes with a dildo. The H scenes could have used some more variation in poses/angles (A lot of similar shots of her sitting/standing towards the camera when bound that the artist tried to hide by rotating the image), but that's a fairly minor complaint. It's more just that at their art level, I'd appreciate some more dynamic poses/angles.

Gameplay: 1/5
    Art: 5/5
    H Scenes: 4.5/5
    Story: 3/5

Rating as a game: 1.5/5
    Rating if you DL a gallery save instead of playing the game: 4.5/5
  10. 5.00 star(s)

oogahboogahman

Really like the game. I would advise anyone playing not to try to rush through as if you don't explore and get modules on your own you will miss some h-scenes and be demolished by the bosses. It's also nice that this game has an ok story that doesn't get in the way of the great hentai.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Reversedh

This is a pretty decent game with some quality H-scenes.

Story: It's decent. Not so good but not so bad either. Everything is really line-near and obvious so you won't have to guess anything, just a normal game story.

Scenes: It's pretty good and i really like the art. All the scenes are rape with different things, from normal human to tentacle and slime, etc. Although there's a corruption mechanic, it didn't affect the game that much, and there's no different in the scenes before and after corruption. That's a quite waste due to how much potential the game has. Not to mention, some scenes are really really long, which can make you want to skip the whole things.

Gameplay: The game is simple: Just go around a maze, beat some guys and do it again. It's a maze finding game and everything is the same time after time. The first 40 min is really enjoyable and exciting because you can test out so many scenes, learning new mechanic. However, everything is quite boring and bad after that because you just have to repeat like that until the game finish...

Overall, i gave it 3 star because of how good the scenes was, not 4 because the gameplay is bad. Due to the fact that gameplay is really boring and repeating after about 40 min,... it's a completely waste. This game had so much potential but it has turned into a maze finding loop game. In the end, i still recommend you to try it for about 30-45min, then feel free do whatever you want.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Radience

I don't know how to start since this game is so stretched out and this game does some cool things that i wanted to be more explored in others H-games but for the sake of this review i will just say the important stuff and i will TRY not elaborate too much beacuse i could go for way too long talking about stuff this game makes me think about when it comes to H-games overall.

-First the translation is MTL BUT it is great actually! i never felt like the dialogue was unintelligible even with the typos.
    -The game areas are SUPER stretched out and the combat is as generic as you could think aside from the H-combat wich is kinda diferent from most H-game i have played but it is just diferent, still not good enough.
    -All the H-scenes are fully voice for the protag that is, but her voice is as bad as you would expect from this kind of H-game but it is best than nothing i guess? i don't really care.
    -HScenes are ALSO SUPER stretched out, they are SO LONG that i couldn't believe it was all voiced, this is kinda good and bad because really they ARE SUPER LONG!
    -The story is kinda good but 99.9% of the H-scenes doesn't make sense at all consering the story so you will have to go with hentai logic and ignore thoses parts.
    -The games has this cool permanent debuff system after some H-scenes that can really affect the combat and even tho this game doesn't do this perfectly i wish more game would do something similar to this.
    -The part i hated the most is that this game has FIVE others girls with pretty cool design's and NONE of them has a H-scene where they are naked NOT A SINGLE ONE, every H-scene is MC nudity only abd I HATE THAT.

TL;DR: Game is super stretched out even on the H-scenes, lots of bads but there are some good factors on this game so overall it is pretty avarage but i think is's worth giving a try.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Syha

I put 5 star because it's a great game but with MTL ...
    I know people want to kill the rating of any game with MTL however the game himself doesn't deserve it !

If u like groping / fondle / molest mechanic in RPG games this is for u !
    The story is " pretty straightforward " but pretty cool at least for me !

Anyway try for yourself ! Have fun !
  14. 3.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

A fairly well told little story and a couple nice h scenes wrapped in a metric ton of padding.

I'll start with the battles, there's a LOT of battles in this game and for the most part they're very standard rpgmaker fair. For a good potion of the game the standard enemies couldn't even deal damage, they may as well have been a signpost with "press confirm five times to proceed" written on it.

The other battles are either bosses or battles that open with a trap. Three of the bosses are normal boring rpg bosses, three have some very limited battle sex mechanics like the trap battles do. Long story short there's some invisible (or visable if you chose the option) traps around the map, if you walk into one the main character gets caught in some kind of bondage and the enemies have a chance to molest her. There's six traps in total and one recurring miniboss who also uses the same mechanics, so you'll see all the varients pretty quickly.

There's also scenes for losing to the main enemy type up to three times, and each of the bosses has scenes for the first and second times you lose to them. However with a couple exceptions they reuse the same cg with minor variations like extra cum or a blindfold and the dialogue is just more of the same since every scene ends with the main character glassy eyed, so if you've seen the first scene for a set you've seen the rest.

Fetish wise it's also pretty tame. Bondage and rape are about all you'll get. There's the obligatory slime and tentacle scenes and maybe a blowjob or two, but if you're not really into bondage I'd probably leave this one be.

By far my biggest complaint is the excessive padding for time. You spend a good chunk of the game going back and forth between floors you've already cleared, dealing with random encounters constantly, and just when the game seems like it's winding down you get a boss rush of all the bosses you've already beaten. They don't even get new mechanics, just some attack names get swapped around and they have a bunch more hp. Even after you deal with them all it still keeps throwing mandatory battles in your way before the final boss, I really don't get it. I cleared the game in about four and a half hours, after making sure to go back after getting the keycards for various bonus rooms to clear those too, but it could've probably been done in two hours if the game had a tighter combat and leveling system with no random encounters.

Having said all that it's got a decent number of scenes and the story hits it's notes pretty well. If you're into bondage and don't mind grinding rpgmaker combat, I'd say it's worth a look.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

whateverbro

i personally think this game just makes you grind a little to see some hentai CGs and quite frankly, you can just go watch the CGs at any site without this game forcing you to grind pointless stuff for it. Personally i would say it lacks some kinks that would have made it more unique , but now its just trap stuff and rape here and there.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Zapdosmoltres1

The game has a lot of grind and trap scenes (not the gender trap, the actual traps) its kind of a dungeon escape game with quite a lot of CG and events, but the grind is quite real in this one, don't play it if you are not cool with r*pe scenes.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Meowstrophe

I'll be honest with you, you won't grab this game if it's not because the hscenes.

The battle is as bland as rpgmaker game can be, all you need to do is spam attack or psychokinesis on battle and upgrade gears once you have enough money, money management isn't that hard either if you clear out each floors.

Story is fine, pretty linear with some flashbacks on what happened to Nagisa before she woke up from her cryosleep.

The scenes however, is pretty good if you're expecting some mind breaks, there's still other situations though not just mind breaks.

The game gets 2* for the gameplay, and 4* for the rest (aka hscenes lol)