[S>Programmer] [S>Writer] Share Unpaid Publisher Offer

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hey all! Derge here; I will go from publishers to my own website soon. I am working on Aeos: The 18 Plus NSFW Adventure Generator, and it's just been hard already having to own a company and then having the publishers take up to 50%...

I am curious if anyone else here is interested in showcasing their games on my site? Just a Wix Platinum or pro package; I can offer sales without you having to personally incorporate; I would have to file taxes.

If anyone is interested in joining me with their skills or games to showcase, I can offer a suitable platform and some perks, especially for writers and artists. I will provide free design, writing, and coding in python, C#, and C++ for any who wants to develop their games through my company. If I get enough interest, I can launch the website immediately, DergeProductions.com; else, ill wait until Aeos full releases in July. Thats all, just gauging interest.

I just want to get to the point I can make a career out of what I love to do, and i'm sure many do too, so, uh, assemble?

In terms of coding I have +5000 hrs in python and Renpy. I can do inventories, battles, char gens, animation etc. Writing, I get a B+, but I am working hard on it. I am basically done learning to code and moving off into other fields now, and looking for a better way to grow.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Could you be a bit more detailed? I don't quite get how would things work out, a in-depth explanation would help a lot.
I can host the game, give you a platform to sell that takes maybe 5% instead of 30% and offer free coding services, and even writing if it helps. I basically just want more games to draw people in, and not to lose so much to a publisher. I'e 30-50%

user220

Nov 2, 2021
Hi,

Publishers indeed take (justified or not) revenue share out of the content they publish. Common practice for any mainstream/mobile/consoles is to take 30%. In adult stream, indeed it can be higher in most cases, but that's mainly due several facts which I hope you'll eventually find out from your own publishing experience.

I can launch the website immediately, DergeProductions.com; else, ill wait until
That's a terrible mistake to make. Having an inactive website while trying to gain games on it, is only second worst to the mistake of gaining audience through seo/blogs/articles. Even for your game you should already start using your website, whic will start using your time, resources, bugs, blabal. Next, in theory, if you attract lots of games and ideally lots of buyers, how do you plan to receive *Secured* payments from players? How would you send payments to studios from around the world? Have you though on refunds, returns, fake buys? Even so, if all that goes smooth, the wheel won't turn by itself, you need to drive more and more audience to the games, and provide more and more $$ to your partners so they will be happy even if the revshare is 50%. Marketing and promotion is sometimes more important than the game itself. For f2p not always, but for standalon purchase, it's almost always.

It's not easy as it seems, but it's good to try and find out :) Good luck!