• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Publishing an anime style adult game with LLM and AI generated images possible?

vthebeast

Mar 16, 2024
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum this is my first post.

So I've been really impressed with the recent developments in AI and really want to make a classic straight visual novel style anime adult game - with good quality AI chat bots, open storyline, good quality AI generated images.

Mainly because I really want to play it to be honest. I can't find games that are made the way I like with the nice classic anime style renders and wholesome slice of life dialogue that I like. In fact I've already started making the game and testing out a lot of new AI tech which actually works better than expected.

I was wondering if such a game would be publishable anywhere - I've read that Valve doesn't allow games with runtime generated ai adult content - so while the images wont be runtime generated, the chat will be and I think this might be an issue for them.

Grateful if anyone can share any similar games they know about and if such a thing would have a chance of being commercially viable if done well. What to look out for etc.. Currently I'm researching how to publish it and it seems I've hit a dead end already. :( Any help much appreciated!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You can have a patreon/ss page, and publish it on itch.io