RPGM Abandoned Pugna's Quest: Monster Girl Adventure [v0.2.2a] [SaraKatka]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SaraKatka

Game Developer
May 15, 2020
cover.gif

Overview:
The story is set in a fantasy world filled with humans, magic, monsters and monster girls. You take control of Pugna, a monster girl who just wants to live a quiet life in the forest. An unexpected turn of events forces her to go out of her house and search for new adventures.​

Thread Updated: 2021-06-15
Release Date: 2021-06-15
Developer: SaraKatka - F95Zone
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.2a
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

9oHBiT.png Animationsuit.gif ecEkbH.png Illustration12.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019

Overview:
The story is set in a fantasy world filled with humans, magic, monsters and monster girls. You take control of Pugna, a monster girl who just wants to live a quiet life in the forest. An unexpected turn of events forces her to go out of her house and search for new adventures.​
Is this why the song that goes 'What's that coming over the hill, is it a monster'? was created?

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
This game looks good, even though the art style is not outstanding I like it.
The combat is unbalanced, if you miss your first attack you're guaranteed to die, and if you miss the second attack, there's a very high chance to die, though not guaranteed. Some translations are missing and some text is still in another language.
I hope this continues to grow!

An unexpected turn of events forces her to go out of her house...

Last edited:

SaraKatka

Game Developer
May 15, 2020

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Hmm, does it use non standard keyboard controls, as all that happens when she gets out of bed is she walks south till she hits the walls after that nothing. Arrow keys do nothing, a,s,d,w do nothing, how are you supposed to move around, hitting enter does nothing, z or esc does do opens up the inventory/options type screen.

Reactions: SaraKatka

assurdo

Oct 15, 2017
Hmm, does it use non standard keyboard controls, as all that happens when she gets out of bed is she walks south till she hits the walls after that nothing. Arrow keys do nothing, a,s,d,w do nothing, how are you supposed to move around, hitting enter does nothing, z or esc does do opens up the inventory/options type screen.
it happened to me the first time. just press enter to let the dialogue go, then the protagonist will move automatically, do not press any movement arrow or use the mouse to move untile she stopped moving and restarted talking

Aug 9, 2019
Off to a good start. Since you're looking for feedback, I'll write my 2 cents.

There are a lot of things that can be done better. A lot of tiles don't collide properly, there's no indicator of interesting interactable characters, some lines aren't translated to english.
Combat is definitely unbalanced and pretty wonky.
The cat minigame needs a complete rework! You have to grind it too many times for piece #2 and it's not fun to do, especially if enemies can spawn right after and might game over you.
The maze section is just... bad. The tiles all look the same, and the place is too big, it's just not fun to do.
It's unclear what the alchemist means by "warm up" (you need to be full HP).
Unclear what you have to do after you get all three pieces, unclear when the game ends, and unclear if the section to the right of the alchemist where Pugna says she has nothing to do there is because it's not in the current build or it's something you have to do after.

I will say that I really like the art, and you just need to polish some things to be on the road to a masterpiece. Looking forward to more!

Edit: I forgot to mention that piece #1 is set as being sellable (for 0 gold), doing so and talking to 'Stranger' will make the game crash.
Also, some assets are missing and fail to load, namely 'Recovery4.png' and 'Recovery3.png'

Last edited:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Really digging the artstyle, the second preview pic had me sold on the game. Will give it a try when I can and try and leave feedback.

allinon

Sep 12, 2017
This is pugna ? Oh my ! Wanted to wait and see what more updates bring! But now knowing this is pugna am in : d

SaraKatka

Game Developer
May 15, 2020
Can you send me a screenshot of where that happens?

Also, some assets are missing and fail to load, namely 'Recovery4.png' and 'Recovery3.png'
An with missing files. I don’t know thought if it’s okay to post them here.

The cat minigame needs a complete rework! You have to grind it too many times for piece #2 and it's not fun to do, especially if enemies can spawn right after and might game over you.
The fishing mechanic is just a placeholder and can be replaced.

Combat is definitely unbalanced and pretty wonky.
The fighting mechanic will be very complex and is tailored to have two party members. Pugna will deal most of the damage with a risk/reward mechanic. Sadly, I can’t demonstrate this when Pugna is alone.

doing so and talking to 'Stranger' will make the game crash
I could not replicate that. Could you elaborate?

Thank you for your feedback. I will consider your remarks and I will try to update this location as it is filled with unnecessary scripts.

Really digging the artstyle, the second preview pic had me sold on the game. Will give it a try when I can and try and leave feedback.
I can't wait.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote