QSP Abandoned Punisher [v0.8.3] [Khamul]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Khamul is considering this the final .8 release, so there won't be any more releases at this time unless someone can tell me of a bug. I have found one broken image, but I haven't been able to find it in the code. If and when I do, I'll patch that and update the QSP.

Reactions: Stathos

wc54540

Dec 21, 2018
Alright, here it is:

Punisher 0.83 machine translation. Hopefully most of the issues are fixed, I haven't tested this version yet, and there haven't been any complaints on albedo yet, so you're going in blind. I do know that most, if not all, of the broken image paths are fixed, so that's already an improvement. My save is included, too. Mostly not-cheated, but unlocked pretty much everything but Vika, too. Let me know if you guys run into any errors.
  • Do you have the Russian version? I want to translate it into other languages

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
Alright, here it is:

Punisher 0.83 machine translation. Hopefully most of the issues are fixed, I haven't tested this version yet, and there haven't been any complaints on albedo yet, so you're going in blind. I do know that most, if not all, of the broken image paths are fixed, so that's already an improvement. My save is included, too. Mostly not-cheated, but unlocked pretty much everything but Vika, too. Let me know if you guys run into any errors.
found typo on location girl_blackmail line 42
Time +-15
should be
Time +=15
didn't know if you noticed it or not

Last edited:

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
found typo on location girl_blackmail line 42
Time +-15
should be
Time +=15
didn't know if you noticed it or not
Given that I'm not the programmer, just a guy that enjoys the game enough that I was willing to go through the irritation of machine translating it (and fully intends on a full translation of the machine translation when the game is complete), no, I didn't catch that. Honestly, I don't know enough to know what that change even implies.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Given that I'm not the programmer, just a guy that enjoys the game enough that I was willing to go through the irritation of machine translating it (and fully intends on a full translation of the machine translation when the game is complete), no, I didn't catch that. Honestly, I don't know enough to know what that change even implies.
Time +- 15
has absolutely no meaning. From a code viewpoint it is nonsensical.

Time += 15
is equivalent to time = time + 15
or, in other words, add 15 to the current time.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Time +- 15
has absolutely no meaning. From a code viewpoint it is nonsensical.

Time += 15
is equivalent to time = time + 15
or, in other words, add 15 to the current time.
That's actually really cool to know. I assumed when I saw it in the post that +-15 meant some sort of variable that could go up or down, which didn't make a lot of sense for a time variable unless it was projected time or something.

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
That's actually really cool to know. I assumed when I saw it in the post that +-15 meant some sort of variable that could go up or down, which didn't make a lot of sense for a time variable unless it was projected time or something.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I assumed when you mentioned fixing bugs you knew a little about coding. I also posted on albdeo to Khamul about it aswell. But even when translating knowing a little about the code can help especially when changing names of the varibles so as not to create bugs.

Last edited:

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I assumed when you mentioned fixing bugs you knew a little about coding. I aslo posted on albdeo to Khamul about it aswell. But even when translating knowing a little about the code can help especially when changing names of the varibles so as not to create bugs.
Yeah, I can appreciate that. Saw you mentioned it to Khamul too. Honestly, I sometimes know enough to fix a small bug here or there, but you're right, I don't really know about coding. I've tried to learn, with much less success than I'd like. Maybe when I'm able to find a medication dosage that is more stable and way to pay for it, I'll have more luck. Either way, I appreciate you finding it.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Alright, here it is:

Hmmm, just noticed the thread was never updated, even though it's been quite a while since the last release came out. Any way of zoomg updating the first post with the new links, please? ;)

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Any new updates on this?
Not when last I checked. I am without use of a computer most of the time at the moment- mine decided to kill itself right as lockdown was going into affect, and my disability case has been significantly delayed because of all this crap. When I do have regular access, though, I will check- and if there is an update, it will get translated. It doesn't make sense for me to do so right now, because unfortunately, the laptop I occasionally can borrow balks almost at running a browser, or word processor. It's on my to do list when I'm able again, though. If it gets and update before then, perhaps some other kind soul will translate it. I'll still be keeping up my translation when I'm able, though.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Indeed, as Zaluus said. It also doesn't help that the first post wasn't updated with the last version of the game - 0.8, which you can find somewhere in the thread...

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Unfortunately, no. As of a couple weeks back, Khamul had done little to no work on it, he's been busy with his work. On the plus side, my nearly a year without a PC will be coming to an end very soon, so I'll be able to get it machine translated when he actually gets going on it.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes