Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Why did Patreon ban Eromancer?
The non-con and bestiality AFAIK, older versions they removed the struggle animation from the start of scenes for censorship...
Any content that has rape is not allowed on Patreon, it's why a ton of creators moved over to subscribe star.
There we go again...
Rape they "addressed" by removing it and putting weird-ass "dubious consent" that only an absolute tool would find passable or fitting. Yet, it was done and Patreon should be happy.

And yet, bestiality content, which was also obviously a no-go, was still all and well in Pure Onyx and there was very little Eromancer did to somehow hide. They just stated it was falling under the "magical creatures" and called it a day because one of the Patreon staff went through with it. I knew and said multiple times it was a disaster waiting to happen but some were coping hard in this thread..and even more on Twitter and Patreon.

Now, some fella from here or somewhere else (ulmf?) was "kind" enough to bring this fact to the Patreon's attention once again after a year. They did a Harkness test and found out that...surprise, surprise - non-sentient bug is in fact a beast and sex with it is neither consensual, nor is it NOT a bestiality.
939c6f3451cb1c06342735b3b9000905de3447d0029efe86be7782a573c479cb_1.jpg

On top of that, they thrown in some more or less justified concerns about the state of the game and how it might be considered milking at this point.
It all fell in nicely within the time frame of yet another adult-content purge on Patreon (it lasted till April-May, judging from the cry-babies on Twitter that forgot about Patreon rules and that Subscribestar exists) and it was an excuse Patreon was most likely looking for.

End of the story, let's go to bed.

Reactions: ZoneTan20

Jhon117

Jun 27, 2017
I'm always confused with games like this one....am I supposed to win the fights or lose them on purpose? Karyn's prison had me going through the same dilemma

Reactions: Tony Faptana

freeko

May 15, 2019
D'you think it'll always be like this? Will there ever be an update/amount of content that gets us to stop and think 'huh, alright, good on you Ero,' or is this just how it is after all these years?
Something that adds more than 10 seconds of animation might do it for me. There was an animation of a female boss from what feels like at least 2 or 3 months ago that has lead to nothing in game. Story might be a great idea for doing something useful when they are waiting months for the next 10 second looped animation to be finished.

Alternatively I have supported a few games that took 6-ish months for more than this ever amounted to. Those projects are still being updated but the game itself has been playable at the least.

EvilEyeGames

Nov 23, 2020
I love this thread. People are rightfully shitting on Eromancer left right and center, but the split second a new update hits, other people come crawling out of the woodworks to beg for someone to share it regardless.

Then it is back to once more realising that barely anyhing worth talking about got introduced with said update and back to shitting on eromancer. Rinse and repeat.

:BootyTime:
PURE ONYX for ya

Jackapp

May 31, 2017
Is it just me or is he putting out updates more consistantly? I like to shit on him too but atleast that's a good sign. Rip Malice and the Machine tho

OddSevenDogs

Jan 5, 2020
Is it just me or is he putting out updates more consistantly? I like to shit on him too but atleast that's a good sign. Rip Malice and the Machine tho
Yep I think after he got kicked off of patreon, he all the sudden decided he wanted to get to work on the game to get back that $$$. I talked with him a little on Itch just now, according to him he's got a whole bunch of shit lined up with 30 new enemies polyed and two thirds of them getting rigged and ready for animation and some other shit. Whether or not he's just blowing wet farts out of his ass though is rather high judging by his past 6 years of developing the game. We'll see.

EvilEyeGames

Nov 23, 2020
Yep I think after he got kicked off of patreon, he all the sudden decided he wanted to get to work on the game to get back that $$$. I talked with him a little on Itch just now, according to him he's got a whole bunch of shit lined up with 30 new enemies polyed and two thirds of them getting rigged and ready for animation and some other shit. Whether or not he's just blowing wet farts out of his ass though is rather high judging by his past 6 years of developing the game. We'll see.
This isn't something people don't want to deal with.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
I'll say that again, though we go into tin-foil hat territory:
I believe Eromancer got an entire backlog of things and is slow on purpose. I mean, I would do that in his place :D
Reason for that belief is the weird mismatch of actual progress and what he was showing on Patreon years ago (check on Kemono to see what I'm talking about).
It's either this or we do actually have a black hole of progress somewhere around 2021-2022, when almost nothing of value was done.

OddSevenDogs

Jan 5, 2020
I'll say that again, though we go into tin-foil hat territory:
I believe Eromancer got an entire backlog of things and is slow on purpose. I mean, I would do that in his place :D
Reason for that belief is the weird mismatch of actual progress and what he was showing on Patreon years ago (check on Kemono to see what I'm talking about).
It's either this or we do actually have a black hole of progress somewhere around 2021-2022, when almost nothing of value was done.
I agree with you, 100%. The game got a lot of attention and support very quickly to the point he can just rake in the cash without doing much.

Jackapp

May 31, 2017
100% he has a backlog of things, I remember years ago (lmao) when he was showing off the FK-Dolls and DK dolls, his list will be massive and also drip fed.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I agree with you, 100%. The game got a lot of attention and support very quickly to the point he can just rake in the cash without doing much.
Cash doesn't equal progress though, same way you can pay a construction worker $1mil, he will not have a complete house built by tomorrow, having the materials shipped alone will take all day. Same with game development or any development.
100% he has a backlog of things, I remember years ago (lmao) when he was showing off the FK-Dolls and DK dolls, his list will be massive and also drip fed.
Those just models, he can do that quite fast. Its the programming that his team lacks, and that is usually where it always bottlenecks. Getting things to work as they should is part of programming. So what's the point of having many assets if you can't get them to function. He stated to us that's the one dept that is lacking and even asked us to DM him any potential programmers willing to join. Programming is a hugely sought after skill in general.

2.90 star(s) 78 Votes