VoxElectra23

Jun 30, 2020
2028!!!???? IMPOSSIBLE, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GAME THAT HAS TO HAVE AN UPDATE IN 4 OR 5 YEARS?
The game was accused on patreon of being a scam since they released minor updates every month so the community makes jokes about it saying that the next update with some quality content will come out in many years hahaha I have been following the game since 2020 and I can tell you that the recent update is hardly worth it

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
If you know of or are informed of any new updates, please let me know. I haven't played this game for months. Has there been any change?
Well, yes, if it's been months for you....one new animation worth watching. Ero finally gave us some more good BST content with the Charger non-con consorting with her, the animation is pretty banger in that she tries to crawl away and the Charger drags her back and then mounts.

That's the thing about this guy, they can do good work when they try....it's certainly vexing.

Steven_Bills

May 25, 2022
If people paid for quality, Dollar General and knock-off walmart brands wouldn't sell. Also nobody is making you continue to pay this person money. You can see how much (or little) they've produced and you could simply stop paying. In fact it might even light a fire under their ass to produce more.

Also as somebody whose friends with people in indie gamedev circles I can tell you right now that it takes a long time to make a game, and the smaller the team the longer it takes. I mean to make a game you pretty much have to be an artist, a programmer, a sound designer, have some kind of business acumen, be around to catch bug reports from the community, and fix said bugs. Just to name a very simplistic look into game development.

To be honest, I wouldn't be a gamedev no matter what, it doesn't matter if it's for a AAA producing company right down to a small single person indie dev. I've seen first hand how much work gets put into it, sometimes while holding down another job only to see people go.. "Do better" "Be faster" "Give us what we want" and "Give it to us when we want it." For Christ's sake you know burnout is a thing, you know if effects creativity and work output drastically?

Now I'm by no means saying that this dev isn't pushing a con to rake in money, but let's also not talk about it like they somehow belong to a group where money isn't what keeps them from homelessness and somehow the hustle isn't real for them. Plus I hate to bring up the obvious, but this is a website which offers many of these games for free (sure some people pay for it and then share it, but it's still given freely to a considerable amount of people)

I know this is going to sound like I'm personally attacking a lot of people on here and it really isn't, but I just don't see anybody at all bringing up any points that might say point out the difficulty of a job few people can honestly do. I know this won't matter and I'll probably get some fun responses or outright ignored but oh well..
People pay for quality where they feel it matters most, I mean. That's why there ARE those name brands that are more expensive despite being essentially the same product. And when it comes to stuff like h-games, or just games in general, people will be more willing to pay for a game that prioritizes quality. That's why stuff like Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3 blew up: they're quality. Also, for the record, I've never paid a cent to Eromancer. I don't often spend money on h-games in general, but especially not ones who's progress is easily outpaced by a snail.

I'm aware it takes a long time to make indie games. That's one of the few things I DO know about game dev: it's a long process if you only have a small team. Same goes for any project. But there's enough evidence throughout this game's thread on this site alone to show that this isn't your ordinary run-of-the-mill slow development. There are other indie devs I've supported that have spent a long time on updating their games as well, but they at least communicate regularly if there are issues or holdups in the process, and actually deliver on the content they promised, rather than what's become the norm for Ero. Again, plenty of evidence on this site alone that there's some unhealthy practices going on surrounding the game's backing.

I'm not necessarily trying to say that's the case either, but what I AM trying to say is that there's something just not cash-money about how this game is progressing. Generally speaking, if the funds from working on this game are what's meant to help keep Eromancer afloat, you'd think that would mean this is their primary source of income, and thus they'd put more effort into not just the game but in keeping their backers in the loop, because those are literally the people paying their living wages. And sure, maybe Ero has a different primary career irl. But if this is just a side project for them that's MEANT to be slower than usual indie development, why the slowly increasing prices for backing the game? Occam's razor, it's become more scam than project.

It sounds less like you're personally attacking people and moreso like you're taking my comment as lashing out at ALL indie devs, from my perspective. Either way, it's clear there's some level of miscommunication between us, which is why I'm trying to help clarify. I know indie devs have it rough compared to AAA studios, that's a given. But there's a difference between slow devs and what's going on with this game. There's a difference between devs who do it as a side hustle compared to what's going on with this game. And it frustrates me not just because I see the potential this game has, and Eromancer has in general, but that this isn't the only case of someone with skill and potential essentially falling to the dark side and going down the "cash cow" path, turning away from the passion project they first set out to create. Because it frustrates me to no end how irrational it seems to do something like that, when most of those kinds of devs would probably make even more money just by continuing on with the development like normal. Yes it's more work than milking donos for an extended period, but the only reason to do that is for the payoff, and completing the game would certainly result in a larger overall finanical gain for Ero and other devs who drip-feed the smallest pieces of updates months in between. And my neurodivergent mind can't stand the irrationality of that thought process, so I decided to lash out a bit and write my little rant.

Not asking you to change your perspective or anything, just trying to help present mine in a clearer manner. While the reality COULD in fact be that Ero and their team are just having some massive struggles with actually making the game, and always have had them, it just doesn't present that way at all. Which is why so many people, myself included, are frustrated with what we see as the likely future of this game: that it'll be abandoned, just like MatM was, and all of the potential it had - not to mention the money that backers have put forth - will disappear like a thief in the night.

APPR3NTIC3d

Jun 28, 2022
People pay for quality where they feel it matters most, I mean. That's why there ARE those name brands that are more expensive despite being essentially the same product. And when it comes to stuff like h-games, or just games in general, people will be more willing to pay for a game that prioritizes quality. That's why stuff like Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3 blew up: they're quality. Also, for the record, I've never paid a cent to Eromancer. I don't often spend money on h-games in general, but especially not ones who's progress is easily outpaced by a snail.

I'm aware it takes a long time to make indie games. That's one of the few things I DO know about game dev: it's a long process if you only have a small team. Same goes for any project. But there's enough evidence throughout this game's thread on this site alone to show that this isn't your ordinary run-of-the-mill slow development. There are other indie devs I've supported that have spent a long time on updating their games as well, but they at least communicate regularly if there are issues or holdups in the process, and actually deliver on the content they promised, rather than what's become the norm for Ero. Again, plenty of evidence on this site alone that there's some unhealthy practices going on surrounding the game's backing.

I'm not necessarily trying to say that's the case either, but what I AM trying to say is that there's something just not cash-money about how this game is progressing. Generally speaking, if the funds from working on this game are what's meant to help keep Eromancer afloat, you'd think that would mean this is their primary source of income, and thus they'd put more effort into not just the game but in keeping their backers in the loop, because those are literally the people paying their living wages. And sure, maybe Ero has a different primary career irl. But if this is just a side project for them that's MEANT to be slower than usual indie development, why the slowly increasing prices for backing the game? Occam's razor, it's become more scam than project.

It sounds less like you're personally attacking people and moreso like you're taking my comment as lashing out at ALL indie devs, from my perspective. Either way, it's clear there's some level of miscommunication between us, which is why I'm trying to help clarify. I know indie devs have it rough compared to AAA studios, that's a given. But there's a difference between slow devs and what's going on with this game. There's a difference between devs who do it as a side hustle compared to what's going on with this game. And it frustrates me not just because I see the potential this game has, and Eromancer has in general, but that this isn't the only case of someone with skill and potential essentially falling to the dark side and going down the "cash cow" path, turning away from the passion project they first set out to create. Because it frustrates me to no end how irrational it seems to do something like that, when most of those kinds of devs would probably make even more money just by continuing on with the development like normal. Yes it's more work than milking donos for an extended period, but the only reason to do that is for the payoff, and completing the game would certainly result in a larger overall finanical gain for Ero and other devs who drip-feed the smallest pieces of updates months in between. And my neurodivergent mind can't stand the irrationality of that thought process, so I decided to lash out a bit and write my little rant.

Not asking you to change your perspective or anything, just trying to help present mine in a clearer manner. While the reality COULD in fact be that Ero and their team are just having some massive struggles with actually making the game, and always have had them, it just doesn't present that way at all. Which is why so many people, myself included, are frustrated with what we see as the likely future of this game: that it'll be abandoned, just like MatM was, and all of the potential it had - not to mention the money that backers have put forth - will disappear like a thief in the night.
Thanks for the response. While I agree for the most part with what you have to say (Honestly a solid 95-97%), I will say.. it took a while from start to finish to make Baldur's Gate 3, not that it was a strong stance to say that from, but there were some people I remember complaining about the process of the game. Believe me I was there almost from the first week it went up to pre-pay for. Not trying to showing my age, but I remember waiting in line to get the collector's edition of BG2 Electronics Boutique.

I also agree I don't pay for h-games lightly, I just feel like some people have lost the sauce on how hard the game takes to be made, I'm not even saying from just this game's standpoint, but also other games served here where I see people exhibiting this kind of "I want it now" "I want it better" "Do it now" "What's taking so long" kind of energy.

Hindsight being 2020 I shouldn't have responded directly to you, but rather just a comment. Honestly I don't know much about the Dev team here, or if there is even a team, or if so how big the team is. On the off chance let's say it's a single person or maybe two people then I 100% understand why it's going slow. Some H-Games are often done by a single person. (Kind of hard to find a bunch of 'deviants' who have the same vision) in fact one game I'm really embedded with I know for a fact is a solo project, and they're about to debut on Steam.

While I do agree also that the money is to keep the game afloat, it's not a goal based donation system. It's not like they say just pay me this much, anybody can keep paying, if they only needed say 15,000 and people donated 65,000 well in a way that's on them, and to expect over 4 times as much output (again assuming it's a small to single person team) is kind of crazy.

Now I'll gladly admit the biggest oversight I had on this: which was the raising prices.. That I don't have much of a point to defend on. I didn't catch that while gleaning what comments. So I'll admit when I was incorrect about something 100%.

Honestly not trying to armchair diagnose but it sounds like Euromancer might be ADHD ... or a scammer. As a person who is also neurodivergent I feel you, again that comment has kind of been a culmination of seeing a lot of people having this attitude with indie devs where it feels like they're expecting inhumane results, often ignoring a lot of the reasons why it takes that long, bot on here and just... everywhere, and I'm gun shy about seeing too many games take the quick and easy path instead of putting in the effort (Looking at you Star Wars Outlaws)

So in short or TL:DR I shouldn't have replied directly to you, I should have clarified this issue came more from an overall vibes check of this website's comments (and other non h-game related comments) more than you personally. Thanks for the response, I always love engaging with somebody honestly and sans the bloodsport of most internet conversations that get divided.

Steven_Bills

May 25, 2022
Thanks for the response. While I agree for the most part with what you have to say (Honestly a solid 95-97%), I will say.. it took a while from start to finish to make Baldur's Gate 3, not that it was a strong stance to say that from, but there were some people I remember complaining about the process of the game. Believe me I was there almost from the first week it went up to pre-pay for. Not trying to showing my age, but I remember waiting in line to get the collector's edition of BG2 Electronics Boutique.

I also agree I don't pay for h-games lightly, I just feel like some people have lost the sauce on how hard the game takes to be made, I'm not even saying from just this game's standpoint, but also other games served here where I see people exhibiting this kind of "I want it now" "I want it better" "Do it now" "What's taking so long" kind of energy.

Hindsight being 2020 I shouldn't have responded directly to you, but rather just a comment. Honestly I don't know much about the Dev team here, or if there is even a team, or if so how big the team is. On the off chance let's say it's a single person or maybe two people then I 100% understand why it's going slow. Some H-Games are often done by a single person. (Kind of hard to find a bunch of 'deviants' who have the same vision) in fact one game I'm really embedded with I know for a fact is a solo project, and they're about to debut on Steam.

While I do agree also that the money is to keep the game afloat, it's not a goal based donation system. It's not like they say just pay me this much, anybody can keep paying, if they only needed say 15,000 and people donated 65,000 well in a way that's on them, and to expect over 4 times as much output (again assuming it's a small to single person team) is kind of crazy.

Now I'll gladly admit the biggest oversight I had on this: which was the raising prices.. That I don't have much of a point to defend on. I didn't catch that while gleaning what comments. So I'll admit when I was incorrect about something 100%.

Honestly not trying to armchair diagnose but it sounds like Euromancer might be ADHD ... or a scammer. As a person who is also neurodivergent I feel you, again that comment has kind of been a culmination of seeing a lot of people having this attitude with indie devs where it feels like they're expecting inhumane results, often ignoring a lot of the reasons why it takes that long, bot on here and just... everywhere, and I'm gun shy about seeing too many games take the quick and easy path instead of putting in the effort (Looking at you Star Wars Outlaws)

So in short or TL:DR I shouldn't have replied directly to you, I should have clarified this issue came more from an overall vibes check of this website's comments (and other non h-game related comments) more than you personally. Thanks for the response, I always love engaging with somebody honestly and sans the bloodsport of most internet conversations that get divided.
Hey, no problem, always down for some level-headed discussion. And yeah, BG3 definitely took a long time to develop. But I feel like that's part of what makes it a good example for what I was talking about: it took time because Larian are fucking awesome devs and really care about their games. Divinity 1 and 2:OS were both fabulous games as well, and even the open beta for BG3 was better polished than some AAA games on final release these last couple years lol. It might have gotten some backlash here and there for the long wait, but really I think that's because people couldn't wait to get their hands on it - I know I sure couldn't, but I didn't take up torch and pitchfork over it like some people may have. Quality takes time, and in an industry like gaming, where a lot of us can be very impatient, there's a balance to be struck between taking enough time to make the game great, but also delivering in a timely manner, or at least communicating delays or issues. And Larian fucking killed it in my opinion.

Yeah, you're definitely not wrong about that. I feel like that's one of the most common things to see in the comments on games on here and places like Itch, just people demanding more and more updates and content sooner and sooner between releases. That, and people asking for Android ports lol. Goes back to what I just said about some people just being impatient. There are cases where it's valid to rant about updates and stuff, and there are cases where it just makes you look like an ass. Some people just really like to make asses of themselves I guess lol - and I guess in a way I even did that here, depending on how one looks at my first rant.

Yeah, hindsight do be 20/20, but at least that means we can learn from it ^-^ Honestly it's no skin off my back, especially since we've both been civil about this whole discussion. I also don't know a ton about Eromancer, whether it's just one person or a small team or what, but from what I've seen on this site I'm under the impression it's one person, maybe with some outside help here and there, idk. In which case yeah, I can definitely see it being the real reason behind this game's torturously slow progress - after all, admittedly, the rendering and animations are actually pretty fucking astounding, especially for an h-game; it almost looks more like we're playing a live, interactive Blender animation than anything lol. But I, too, am familiar with quite a few games that are solo projects, some of them not even the dev's main source of income, and the way this game has been handled so far feels very different to other solo dev's practices. Which is part of why I felt so confident in my assumptions before, and still do, though I recognize I probably shouldn't have stated them like facts instead of basically educated guesses lol.

True, it's not goal based. Most h-game Patreons and SubscribeStars don't do that, at least from what I've seen. But other devs with Patreons and such for funding at least make much more apparent the effort that they're putting into making the game, so backers don't feel like they're being milked. There's typically a lot more communication, development updates and devlogs, even some mention of where some of the money they're receiving is going towards the game - PomiArts, for example, has mentioned that part of their Patreon money just goes towards the AI subscription used for the scene art in their game Redemption's Keep. But from what I've seen, there's none of this kind of communication, or at least very little, from Ero, which combined with the slow progress, is part of why so many of us are convinced that this project is just being made into a scam and will eventually be abandoned once the donations dry up.

Hey, no worries. I'm sure there's plenty I'm also not aware of - after all, I'm not reading through 300+ pages of comments on this thread alone just to learn the whole detailed history of Ero's business practices lmao. But yeah, raising prices when you've got little to show for it in terms of recent updates is definitely shady, or at very least a bad faith decision.

I could possibly see ADHD, unsure though because I just don't know enough about Ero as a person. Again, Occam's razor; most likely reason (that I see, at least) for everything is just that this game went from passion project to cash cow, and backers are actively being scammed. And I'm sadly just as familiar as you are with seeing tons of comments on indie dev's games that are just insensitive and demanding. Again, I was probably more insensitive than I realized or meant to be in my own post, but I was fuelled by frustration and let it get the better of me for once. Also, I entirely agree about the whole quick and easy thing - though I'll have to look into your example more bc all I've seen on Outlaws yet is like 2 ads lol, and I'm gonna be upset if it turns out that game isn't as good as it looked in those ads lmao

Nah, you're good fam, I didn't take any offense by it. I could tell that you were just trying to look at things from a broader perspective and take other possible explanations into account, and not just trying to start a flame war lol. And you're welcome! I also enjoyed our little chat lol - and am similarly glad it contained none of the usual toxicity that Internet anonymity tends to breed in people. Thanks for the civil discussion, and take care!~ ^-^

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
The guys just dropped their dissertations on why Eromancer (still not sure if the person or the team) acts the way they do and if it should be compensated. Same as usual.
i see i see, well gud on them, they shud fight for their rights and all that gud stuff :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: mc625

Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Im want to buy it but dont have visa\master card unfortunately, and idk if payin for one version, next versions gonna be free?
Nope, it´s just a one-time purchase. Don´t waste your money, this month´s "update" doesn´t have anything of value. Wait for nets month (and cross your fingers)

Reactions: DOLPH1NARU

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Im want to buy it but dont have visa\master card unfortunately, and idk if payin for one version, next versions gonna be free?
bro you know that's NOT the case half the time in a pirate sites why do commentators or newcomers even ask this on a pirate site?
even then after all that is happened on the thread for this game in particular you wouldn't be asking this, andyou'd be hard pressed tofind anyone willing to put in the new updatedgames. either you pay yourself and waste your money on a few bug fixes, or stop asking and wait.

Reactions: Enigmanic
2.90 star(s) 78 Votes