Purpouse & Value Of "updated:" Field Content In Game Relese Threads

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
DISCLAIMER: Unfortunately it seems has a problem with me asking this question (based on the discussion we had yesterday in the thread) that he probably misunderstood, then deleted and as bonus used the ban hammer on me for "Pissing me off" instead of splitting it here or in another more suitable forum. Since I intend to discus the same topic I have to ask him to stay away from this one that will raise the very same question.

According to the information he provided yesterday the date in question is used for the positioning of the thread in the "Latest Updates" tab on the front page and to inform the users when was the DL link last updated. In my opinion the first is not likely and the second is misleading at best.
My argument was that this line should contain the date the file was published/uploaded by the author or be removed from the thread because there is no logical reason for it to be used by the Statistics addon and having any other date will be misleading for the reader - might think it's a newer version then the one he have or have played.

For example A Night With Sona v0.1 is currently sowing "Updated: 18-April-2017" and in my opinion it should be "Updated: 2016-07-05" as can bee seen from the authors or the current .

Please share you're opinion.

P.S. English is not my native or first foreign language so if something is not clear ask for clarification.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
No. Simply no.

In the page the, Latest updates = Threads that just got updated with a new version.

In any release thread, the Updated = When the dev updated the game.

Reactions: gue5t

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Deleted the P.P.S, if you have a problem with any Super Moderator message f95.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Deleted the P.P.S, ...
Fair-enough and thanks for the clarification. Could you also put it in the thread and inform the people who need to know?

P.S. I guess that means a lot of threads now will need to be updated.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I inform mistakes I see, if there is any group that needs to know then be free to tell me what it is.
Uploaders, moderators and super moderators I would guess (most of them probably wont need the notice) but can't be certain - what made me start the discussion ware all the new and updated threads yesterday that had "Updated: 18-April-2017" in them with content that's older.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
"Latest Updates" tab on the front page and to inform the users when was the DL link last updated.
My argument was that this line should contain the date the file was published/uploaded by the author or be removed from the thread because there is no logical reason for it to be used by the Statistics addon and having any other date will be misleading for the reader - might think it's a newer version then the one he have or have played.

For example A Night With Sona v0.1 is currently sowing "Updated: 18-April-2017" and in my opinion it should be "Updated: 2016-07-05" as can bee seen from the authors or the current .

Please share you're opinion.

P.S. English is not my native or first foreign language so if something is not clear ask for clarification.
I know TCMS has already responded to you about this, Most of us here do realize, that as you explained it on the Opening post of the release thread the Game Updated is just that, for when the creator updated his game not us. That is what the Lastest Updates at the bottom of homepage is for.
But you have to also realize we do this cause we want too and mistakes happen we are human after all and sometimes we are updating etc after work and when tired. With more and more helping out here people do sometimes fall through the cracks with misinterpreting things.
But as TCMS has said the staff here work tirelessly to fix mistakes made both sometimes by us and others.

Reactions: gue5t

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I know TCMS has already responded to you about this, Most of us here do realize, that as you explained it on the Opening post of the release thread the Game Updated is just that, for when the creator updated his game not us. That is what the Lastest Updates at the bottom of homepage is for.
But you have to also realize we do this cause we want too and mistakes happen we are human after all and sometimes we are updating etc after work and when tired. With more and more helping out here people do sometimes fall through the cracks with misinterpreting things.
But as TCMS has said the staff here work tirelessly to fix mistakes made both sometimes by us and others.
The problem was not a mistake but the same uploader creating a bunch of them with "Updated: 18-April-2017" and then claiming that it was the sites policy to have the date set to the day he uploaded the file instead of the date the developer's upload.

P.S. If it was a mistake I could have easily reported it the thread (if I noticed at all) and wait for a moderator to fix it.

Last edited: