Python Games are Crashing

Meth69

Dec 16, 2016
I recently downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7 because of some issues, but I never had any issues with Renpy games untill now. When I play renpy games, after a while the screen just goes black for a couple of seconds, and it displays this error
. And the screen on the game just turns white, but I can still click on it. Thanks!

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Why is it an intel graphics driver for Vista if you're on win7?
Did you try updating your drivers?

Meth69

Dec 16, 2016
Well, I don't know why it says windows vista. Im pretty sure my drivers are updated because they laptop is a little bit old, so no new updates for it in a while.

drashypoo

Mar 10, 2018
Does your laptop have separate GPU or just integrated? Because currently it seems you are using integrated one. If you do not have, check the laptop manufacturers site for MB/GPU info and check if you are running the most recent driver for your pc (if it does, check the GPU manufacturer).
Is your directX stuff up to date?
Is it just some Ren'Py games when this is happening or happens also when playing other games / video?

Meth69

Dec 16, 2016
Does your laptop have separate GPU or just integrated? Because currently it seems you are using integrated one. If you do not have, check the laptop manufacturers site for MB/GPU info and check if you are running the most recent driver for your pc (if it does, check the GPU manufacturer).
Is your directX stuff up to date?
Is it just some Ren'Py games when this is happening or happens also when playing other games / video?
This is my GPU
(Please don't joke, I know it's fking trash and ancient, but the games on renpy worked before with the same GPU.)

Well so far its only the renpy games, I had issues with, no videos or games or anything like that.

drashypoo

Mar 10, 2018
No worries,
I would suggest to start by downloading the driver from Intel download center (pick correct OS and x64 / x86 architecture).

edit: I assume you allowed windows do the driver download for you

Reactions: Papa Ernie

TheMann421

May 13, 2017
I didn't have the exact same issue, but I had an issue with crashing, so maybe my solution will help.

When the game starts hit Shift + G and switch to the renderer that has DirectX in the name. Then restart.