Python help

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Can someone teach me python programming?
Or, if the link 79flavors provided isn't sufficient, how about:

or maybe even

I mean, really!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I mean, really!
And with the 8.x branch getting closer and closer, one don't really need anymore to take care to learn the right version of Python.

frelon71

Nov 29, 2018
Hello, can someone help me to add the French language to a renpy game I'm translating, which is in python, thanks

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Hello, can someone help me to add the French language to a renpy game I'm translating, which is in python, thanks
Hum, ?

Basically speaking, since you need to edit the preference file to add a switch to select the language, the best approach is to copy/past the "preferences" screen (generally located in the "screens.rpy" file) into another rpy file that will come later accordingly to the alphabetic order. Then you edit this second screen to add the said switch, and it's it that will be used by the game.
But the best rest to contact the author and propose him your translation.

frelon71

Nov 29, 2018
Hum, ?

Basically speaking, since you need to edit the preference file to add a switch to select the language, the best approach is to copy/past the "preferences" screen (generally located in the "screens.rpy" file) into another rpy file that will come later accordingly to the alphabetic order. Then you edit this second screen to add the said switch, and it's it that will be used by the game.
Hello, i've already tried it and he almost pissed me off so I'd rather try to do the translation myself.

frelon71

Nov 29, 2018
Hum, ?

If I pass you the screen you can help me because I know nothing about python, thanks

Aug 11, 2020
I am so happy to see people communicating and helping each other and myself on this site. Was sketch AF at first but it’s a good community With both knowledge and tech to offer.