Seeking Qsp Games

ozzbrain

Nov 10, 2016
Hello guys !!! Is there a detalied tutorial on how to make qsp games? the ones like avenger...i would like to give it a try cuz i have good ideas :D.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
You may have to turn on auto-translate but this is from the maker's site.

Reactions: ozzbrain

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Hello guys !!! Is there a detalied tutorial on how to make qsp games? the ones like avenger...i would like to give it a try cuz i have good ideas :D.
If you go on the site muttdoggy linked, look for QSP navigator. That's what Avenger and MBF is using as their engine

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
1. this with google translate can be quite helpful as well.

2. Have a peek at other creators' code on how they did things, especially mundane but important stuff like time passing/ sidebar updating/etc., you can gain valuable insight.
- Avoid like plague Family Life though for that purpose, and probably Family Problems as well.
- Girllife has an excellent code structure, but their ample use of dynamic code may baffle you at first.
- Avenger uses a QSP wrapper that allows him to use CSS for styling, but also overloads the code with HTML stuff, try your hands at a plain QSP game.

3. Trial and error, probably the most important part. QSP is simple but has caveats you need to find your way around.

4. Post your code snippers here, someone could probably help if you are stuck.
That's about it.

SillyxRabbit

Oct 13, 2016

Girl's life devs also started a basic reference of QSP, it's a good starting point to learn the language.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Link is dead. Maybe QSP is dead? Really, if you want to use something simple and uptodate, go for Renpy.
True multi language (way easier to translate than QSP), excellent tutorials, massive number of games, easy scripting.

just my thought