Quest 2 Controller Vibration Integration

rogue_69

Nov 9, 2021
I've been working on a VR/AR experience, and I started messing around with the Quest 2's haptics. I set up a loop animation, and have the right controller vibrate at different frequencies and amplitudes when the head of the penis penetrates. When it goes in deeper, the left controller vibrates. If you put the right controller on your tip, and the left one under your scrotum (basically sitting on it), it's fairly immersive (of course making sure the controllers are covered up). There are a couple things I'm trying to figure out before spending too much more time on it.
1. The one vibrating at the base of the penis really works well. I eventually just ditched the "tip" controller, and let the other one do it's thing while I beat off. It was a pretty intense orgasm. Just not as immersive. I got close to reaching orgasm with the two controllers, but couldn't quite get there. Should I even worry about trying to make it work with both controllers, or just focus on making the one controller thing more immersive?
2. I don't think this would work in tandem with a sex toy (flesh light, etc.), because the toy wouldn't conduct the vibration well. Do you think this is something to look into more?
3. Is this entire experiment even worth spending time on, or should I spend more time on other aspects of the game?

Reactions: Fzeren

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
You likely want to check out this similar thread that doesn't involve VR.

Here's the problems that i can think of that could be blockers for you:
  • Sex toy integration of any kind in any game/simulator, even simple controller vibration, is a tiny market in the first place.
  • I don't have stats but i think most people here don't have a VR device.
  • I think there would be a big division among player expectations. Some will want to be taken to orgasm while others (like me) just want something a little extra to add to the experience.
  • On top of all of that, you still have the usual player preference for the game or simulator in terms of what they want to play, fetishes, focus on story/gameplay/graphics, etc...
I think you'll get better answers to your questions if you make a prototype/tech demo that you don't have to spend too much time on. Keep it simple at first and monitor feedback (if any).

rogue_69

Nov 9, 2021
Thank you for the feedback.
I think I'm going to do a tech demo. My goal is to make it as immersive as I can, so that the player can enjoy the experience whether they want to get off or not. It is going to be a blow job scene, with a few different animations, but with them being randomized (so that no two experiences are exactly the same). I'm focusing on lighting (with lights that can be turned off and on, as well as turned up if the player wants to), as well as sound, and controller vibrations. I'm hoping to have it done with about 5 hours of total work put into it (including designing the model in Daz). Since I've already gotten most of the workflow figured out, and my XR Rig is already set up, I should be able to get it done in that amount of time.