Question about a couple of threads (Magica + Mucchi Muchi Inaka)

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
So I noticed that the game Magica by Eclipse Works recently had something bizarre happen to it on the site where its original thread ( ) got deleted and replaced by a newer one ( ), but then said old thread was brought back and its newer version got deleted instead: What's the story there? Were they both linking to the same content in their mirrors, or was one of them using the currently unavailable full translation from m1zuki (their entire MEGA folder is down for ToS violations, apparently)? I noticed the posts of the new one where a few users were confused as to why there was a new thread are missing, so I'm assuming the threads weren't merged.

I'm curious because there's a lot of confusion over the Mucchi Muchi games due to an older thread ( ) that isn't hosting the game its title implies it should in its OP, but rather a prequel released later that now has its own proper thread (Summer Vacation, ). There's an explanation in the old thread posted by Shamoke, but it appears that quite a few users don't really make it past the mirrors before deciding to ask things in the more recent ones ("Why is Inaka the same as Summer Vacation?"). While the thread's posts were littered with a few random and outdated links to the rest of the Mucchi Muchi series' titles, Inaka itself now has its own thread with an OP whose mirrors are pointing to the correct game ( ), albeit it's poorly machine translated in comparison to the translations for the rest of the series.

Since the old thread appears to be the source of all this confusion and every game its posts linked to now have their own proper threads, it appears that the only content it has unique to itself beyond users' posts is the walkthrough for Summer Vacation provided by Tharater. Should the old thread be deleted now after copy-pasting said walkthrough onto the Summer Vacation thread, or should it be kept for historical purposes despite how easily it confuses newbies? Can and/or should it be renamed from Inaka to Summer Vacation, at least? Or should the thread be turned into a multi-game hosting post the way Bitch Exorcist Rio's 1-4 ENG + 5 JP/RUS ( , whose fifth game also has its own ENG thread now ) is and link to all four of the currently available Mucchi Muchi mirrors? I mean, it'd be a shame to do so since lots of questions were asked and answered in each game's respective thread, but I assume it'd be somewhat possible to merge those into the OP as walkthroughs or something if people really wanted? I don't know.

So yeah, please discuss. I haven't bothered shoving this at any mods because I don't really know if it'd be useful to suddenly have more or less threads in the long run in the opinion of users other than myself. And who knows, maybe eventually people will stop being confused without staff intervention anyway.

Reactions: Muff Diver

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
The old 1 need some TLC and as i had just made a new one decide to delete the old 1 but let the member know i did and could delete mine and bring back his nps. He just updated his [old thread] with the new info. Thanks all @Chingonerio

Reactions: Chingonerio

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Ok about the mucci mucci dont know but will look into it

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
so i see has he only made 2 games. but we have multi threads on the same game at various versions. Will have this all fixed thanks for bring to our attention

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
@Muff Diver Well, no, he made 4: The third and fourth of them (and, more recently, a demo for the upcoming fifth one) are just packaged together with the second one on DL Site and DMM. When you buy them (or when you find them), you essentially get 2 executables with Inaka and 6 (or 8) executables with School Trip: Two for each game, one at the standard RPG Maker resolution and another that presents it in a 16:9 widescreen format. They each end up with their own separate folders and Game.exe files, and because F95 hosts the games in pre-patched and already installed formats, we ended up with the standard resolution versions that have already been patched with the fan-provided English translations.

For whatever reason, the developer felt that people who bought the second game deserved the third and fourth ones as freebies, and they were added and expanded in updates all the way up until version 1.600 of School Trip. Of course, that led to a ton of confusion for the rest of us overseas, because that's not how most developers treat version numbers.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
my only Q is this complete do u know if this

& this are complete

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
@Muff Diver Well, no, he made 4: The third and fourth of them (and, more recently, a demo for the upcoming fifth one) are just packaged together with the second one on DL Site and DMM. When you buy them (or when you find them), you essentially get 2 executables with Inaka and 6 (or 8) executables with School Trip: Two for each game, one at the standard RPG Maker resolution and another that presents it in a 16:9 widescreen format. They each end up with their own separate folders and Game.exe files, and because F95 hosts the games in pre-patched and already installed formats, we ended up with the standard resolution versions that have already been patched with the fan-provided English translations.

For whatever reason, the developer felt that people who bought the second game deserved the third and fourth ones as freebies, and they were added and expanded in updates all the way up until version 1.600 of School Trip. Of course, that led to a ton of confusion for the rest of us overseas, because that's not how most developers treat version numbers.
ok Thanks

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Ok mucci done, just need confirmation there completed or not. Dealing with Bitch Exorcist Rio's now

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
my only Q is this complete do u know
Out of all 4 of them, Inaka's the only one I haven't beaten or opened up in RPG Maker to check the contents of due to how awful the machine translated English in it was. The dev's Pixiv posts for Inaka's updates also don't contain very specific details, unlike the School Trip posts.

I can't find any clear mention of version 1.500 inside the game's files by opening them in RPG Maker VX, either. It looks complete, at least, for that version: Currently the latest version of Inaka is actually 1.502 on DL Site and DMM, and it looks like a couple of events were added after May 2016. The files are dated February 2018, but I can't find any translation threads online that show what the base version for it was.

Closest I could find was a thread on ULMF by some HV3 user that implies they were going to use machine translation on it, but they made it sound like they decided not to bother because "naive girl has sex willy nilly" was apparently not his cup of tea. Then some other user mentioned they had an actual partial translation, but nobody properly asked for it so they just went on to translate other games.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
& this are complete
School Trip is complete: No content was added to its main game after the Cousin's House content that wasn't actually updates for Summer Vacation (whose last update was the pool area) and IF (which is also complete- the last update was an image announcing the fifth game starring Yutaka's sister Keiko), and the etory patch replacing the SMDC patch enabled access to said content for English speakers now.