Question about alternative to DAZstudio

grunts8

Apr 18, 2022
I am looking for an alternative to DAZstudio due to the following problems

1. My PC is not particularly powerful
  2. I have an AMD graphics card
  3. When I install from DAZ Install Manager the contents are often installed randomly and I have to go and look for them in the folders this is quite frustrating.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'd look into Honey Select 1 or 2 (probably 1, but 2 may still work. Really depends on your system.). You may want to look at Koikatsu(sp?), as well, if you're okay with more of an anime-esque look. Unfortunately, nothing really compares to Daz well in regard to ease of use, quality, and sheer number of assets they have.

grunts8

Apr 18, 2022
I'd look into Honey Select 1 or 2 (probably 1, but 2 may still work. Really depends on your system.). You may want to look at Koikatsu(sp?), as well, if you're okay with more of an anime-esque look. Unfortunately, nothing really compares to Daz well in regard to ease of use, quality, and sheer number of assets they have.
They are copyrighted and in any case I have already tried them and they are not very light as programs and the models in my opinion are not that great. But some old-fashioned programs with ps2 / xbox styled graphics are fine too

An off-topic question. Has anyone ever thought of creating an open source program that combines the ease of honey select with the image quality of daz dedicated exclusively to the creation of adult games?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
They are copyrighted and in any case I have already tried them and they are not very light as programs and the models in my opinion are not that great. But some old-fashioned programs with ps2 / xbox styled graphics are fine too
There isnt much options left really. Your best bet is or trying to get the 3Dlight in DAZ to look decent, or try Blender and the Eevee renderer. Both are real time render engines so much less taxing on your system while rendering.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Then I wouldn't know what to tell you. Those are about as light as it gets in the 3D realm of things. Maybe ask 88Michele88 what he's using (I'm guessing something Sims related, but don't really care enough to look. Maybe a Skyrim mod? Both are copyrighted, though.)?

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Grab models and use them on Blender.
An alternative is using Source Film Maker. Plenty of models around ready to be downloaded.

grunts8

Apr 18, 2022
And how can I solve the fact that when I install new material it is often not visible in smart content?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
And how can I solve the fact that when I install new material it is often not visible in smart content?
Depends on the product itself and what type it is. Let's use as an example.

If it's not in the Smart Content pane, then go to the "Content Library" > My Daz 3D Library > People > Genesis 8 Female > Hair > "OOT 2021-03 Hair...". It'll be the same for any other product that doesn't show up there (basically everything from Renderosity and Renderotica). Just make sure you know the name of the product, the creator/artist, and what generation of figures it's for (G2/G3/G8/G8.1/etc.).

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
go here and watch all of his video it might help you in lot of way on how to fix your issue for your content
some video show you how to setup content folders locations in DAZ Install Manager and daz itself