Question about animation and collision

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
This will sound weird, but is there a way when animating, say a penis in the woman, to make her mesh around her genitals to spread without moving each tab and piece over and over and over. lol sorry such a weird question. Didnt know if I could set collision on down there to make it spread automatically or not.
Thanks. and sorry for weird question.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
ah yeah, when a lot of people start out, they start with the basics, the most direct way to animate, and it is the worst way to animate. it is like asking

Is it possible to build a computer without having to mine for resources, make my own custom chips and software?

You can find morphs for fucking, that will help, and other tricks if you are able to custom make the animation rig (something you can do in blender but I don't think in daz).

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I presume you're talking about Daz Studio. The simple answer is "well, not really." DS doesn't implement any real kind of "soft body physics." In theory, for some cases, you can add a "Smoothing Modifier" to one object and set another object as the thing it's colliding with. This will cause the first object to try to shift to avoid the collision with the second. But this is really designed for things like eliminating "poke through" in clothing. Some people have played games with it to simulate "boob and ass grabs" - denting in the skin in response to fingers and such. But it won't give you the result you're wanting in this case, because a "realistic" shift in the "receiving part" depends entirely on what the underlying physiology is in that region, and DS doesn't have any support for simulating that.

So, sorry, but you're basically stuck with keyframe animation. Mind you, as Saki_Sliz says, there are morphs "out there" that change the shape of the various "lady bits" in ways that are "correct," so what you can do is animate the degree to which such a morph is applied, but getting just the right amount of morph at different "stages of penetration" is entirely up to you as the animator.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
don't privates come with some default morphs?
I think you just need an open morph, a scale (stretch), and side to side, front back, in out movement, and call it good.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
don't privates come with some default morphs?
I think you just need an open morph, a scale (stretch), and side to side, front back, in out movement, and call it good.
They do, but, as I recall, they're very limited. There are several add-on morph packs, however, that provide a much broader range of morphs. Then, of course, there are the "replacement gens," which also come with a detailed set of morphs.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
They do, but, as I recall, they're very limited.
For the official genital, there's exactly one morph, that will define the global form. Even playing with the bones will lead nowhere, the figure wasn't at all crafted for this ; or perhaps especially crafted to prevent this, who know.

There are several add-on morph packs, however, that provide a much broader range of morphs. Then, of course, there are the "replacement gens," which also come with a detailed set of morphs.
The "replacement gens" being preferable, because they are crafted for this, and therefore have "information" that are missing from the original genitalia.