Question about changing computers

rsrand

Aug 28, 2020
Hello, so, I got an interesting question. I had the game on windows and completed the whole thing that was available. the saves are still on my windows computer. But the computer doesn't work as well and I switched to mac. is there a way to install the mac version of the newest build and somehow convert my windows saves to mac?

The game is Big City's pleasures if anyone was wondering

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
As far as I know you should be fine just straight-up copying them between the relevant paths for each respective OS.

rsrand

Aug 28, 2020
As far as I know you should be fine just straight-up copying them between the relevant paths for each respective OS.
So, I downloaded the files I had on my windows computer but they don't launch because mac doesn't support windows .exe files. But, I opened the "game" folder and saw that there is a "saves" file there with a whole bunch of code in it. Im gonna try copying that into the game folder of the mac version that I'm downloading. We'll see what happens

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
Ah, yes. You need the appropriate game executable. The save files are still the same, though - Python pickles. Don't forget to copy the persistent file along with the saves.

Reactions: rsrand

rsrand

Aug 28, 2020
Ah, yes. You need the appropriate game executable. The save files are still the same, though - Python pickles. Don't forget to copy the persistent file along with the saves.
how should I do it? like where should I paste the save files and all that in the mac application's folder?

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
Either in the <game-you're-transferring>/game/save directory or .

rsrand

Aug 28, 2020
Either in the <game-you're-transferring>/game/save directory or .

so I have moved all the "save' files into the mac version's "game folder" but when I launch the game, I don't see the saves. I do not know what to do and cant find anything from the internet either about my particular situation