question about e-hentai torrent download

aiusdhf

Mar 30, 2021
im trying to download a gallery from e-hentai but the site has limitation count and recommend me to use torrent instead, so i google it up but its said torrent is dangerous sometime like malware or copyright issue. I want to ask if e-hentai torrent is safe to download and how could the site benefits any thing from torrent user ?

gramps2

Dec 12, 2019
ANY time you download a torrent you do so at your own risk.. that being said you can download the file relatively safely and scan it once you have it.. but that can only do so much. good luck

Reactions: aiusdhf

Ayymao

May 1, 2021
Torrent as a system to download stuff is safe. Downloading from torrents is as dangerous as downloading stuff from unofficial sites in general. The reason people use torrents is that you don't need a dedicated server for that. Instead, people who have the files (seeders) upload to you the parts you don't have, forming together the file you need. After downloading you can stay and become a seed yourself.

I hope I answered all your questions.

hungngat4cf

Oct 4, 2021
Torrent as a system to download stuff is safe. Downloading from torrents is as dangerous as downloading stuff from unofficial sites in general. The reason people use torrents is that you don't need a dedicated server for that. Instead, people who have the files (seeders) upload to you the parts you don't have, forming together the file you need. After downloading you can stay and become a seed yourself.

I hope I answered all your questions.
So after you download a torrent file you will automatically become a seeder of that file even if you don’t directly do it or don’t wanna ? ( i understand that while i am downloading it im sharing it to others peers too but what after the download finish)

DanglyBang

May 10, 2018
Been downloading from e-hentai since 2011, even played that stupid RPG minigame for points, never had a problem personally as far as torrents downloads go. They have a pretty good security track record, but do look up DMCA e-hentai torrents on nyaa to fill in the blanks that were purged from the site.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
There are two parts here: the torrent file/link, and the downloaded contents.

The torrent itself is like a cloud-hosted website, cops and lawyers can see it and track who is using it but generally don't because that shit is expensive with so many individual sites and torrents. Using the torrent system itself is not illegal in the civilised world.

The second part is the actual content you're downloading. Doing so via torrent is not MORE illegal than any other way, but the ability to track your activity is different depending on how you do it.

And regarding the upload part, that might actually matter in some jurisdictions as you are supplying pirated material to others rather than merely using it in private (think dealing vs buying drugs). Torrent clients usually let you set rate limitations though, which you can potentially use to disable uploading entirely. Probably won't help you in a lawsuit and it means you aren't giving back to the community you're taking from, but blocking upstream does not have any immediate consequences in itself.

And as others have said remove the torrent file/link from the client once you're done downloading if you don't want to keep uploading long-term. Double-check the settings in your torrent client to make sure it does not automatically delete the downloaded content when you remove the torrent (this is not "necessary" but some clients might try for "convenience").

Reactions: aiusdhf and Ayymao

LeturLefr

Nov 14, 2018
downloading from torrent is just like any other download from file hosting, unless you really go to some shady sites and get some shady files, it will be fine.

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
so i google it up but its said torrent is dangerous sometime like malware or copyright issue. I want to ask if e-hentai torrent is safe to download and how could the site benefits any thing from torrent user ?
ANYTHING you download from the internet has the potential to be malicious, torrent or not. Torrenting allows the burden of file hosting to be shared among multiple end clients which can result in faster download speeds and less bandwidth usage by the original host, assuming that peers continue sharing after they finish their download. It also makes it convenient for a peer to control the download because you can see the list of actual files you are downloading before the download starts, choose only the files you want, and you can set a preferred rate and stop/start at your convenience. It has a bad reputation because it's commonly used for piracy and ISP's will even forbid its usage (which is B.S.).

aiusdhf

Mar 30, 2021
Thanks for all that respond, i understand the risk now but will i get involved in lawsuit if i download a pixiv fanbox gallery :))

LeturLefr

Nov 14, 2018
Thanks for all that respond, i understand the risk now but will i get involved in lawsuit if i download a pixiv fanbox gallery :))
why would you? there's 1.620 fanbox gallery in e-hentai and they're still keep getting updated
downloading fanbox gallery is no different (or even less problematic) than downloading fakku galleries or downloading viz manga from pirate sites or all those sfm patreon leaks on here

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Just one more note: The files in a torrent are described/secured with cryptographic hashes in the .torrent file/magnet link - that means other uploaders can't substitute malware for the intended files. So the risk of getting malware via a torrent is virtually* the same as the risk of getting malware by a direct download from the same server.

*Yeah, SHA-1 collisions are possible, and an attacker might find it easier to substitute a torrent/magnet link than larger files on the webserver, but that's... negligible.

Last edited: