Question about latest best approach to Patreon and some Incest content

RChandler

Dec 1, 2019
I've googled and all of the information is a couple of years old, so I want to see what the current concensus is. We're developing a game that involves a couple of college roomates who make a bet on who can have the wildest sexual adventures over the summer break. The MC gets a female partner in his home town who will try to help him win the bet. The female partner lives at home with her step mother and she also has a step sister who doesn't live with them. The MC can get big "points" for the bet if he has interactions with the step mother and step sister.

One - if the woman who is the step daughter isn't involved in the play with the step mother and/or step sister, will Patreon still flag it just for seeing a step mother and step sister in the game? Or, if the MC makes certain choices and the step mother steps in to help her step daughter (e.g. MC and his female partner are on the sofa and the female partner is giving oral, and the step mother comes in the living room and sees and and offers "coaching" I assume we'd need some technique to get around that for Patreon?

So really two questions.

1. If the MC has a sexual encounter with his girlfriend's step mother or step sister, will Patreon still kick you for incest? Even though it's not.

2. If a little incest is in the game (even though I don't consider sex with a step mother or step sister incest since they are not blood relations) what is the best approach today to avoiding getting booted by Patreon?

Thanks

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
1. Step mother/sister is still considered incest.
2. Best approach today to avoid getting booted by patreon is to follow their guidelines and do not post content which goes against it (such as incest).

Reactions: Bev_

RChandler

Dec 1, 2019
But I assume "play" with the girlfriend's step mother is not incest? Since the MC has no relationship to her?

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
But I assume "play" with the girlfriend's step mother is not incest? Since the MC has no relationship to her?
I guess it's alright if it's only the GF's stepmother with the MC/ GF's stepsister with the MC, but the moment you mix the 3 of them in one scene, it raises the incest flag, and there's no way around it.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
In addition to Winterfire 's correct answer, there's something I don't get:

1. If the MC has a sexual encounter with his girlfriend's step mother or step sister, will Patreon still kick you for incest? Even though it's not.
What are you trying to say here ? If it's his girlfriend's step mother, or even if it was is girlfriend's mother, she's obviously not related to him and it's just not at all incest.
Incest is not fucking some random mother or sister, it's fucking your mother or sister. Therefore, unless it's a threesome including the girlfriend, or unless the girlfriend is MC's sister, what's the problem ? He's a cheater, not some incestuous guy.

It would be different if she wasn't his girlfriend, but his wife. Patreon could possibly decide that "in law family" is "family", and therefore that it fall under their extended definition of incest. But here the MC just fuck all the girls from a totally unrelated family, period.

RChandler

Dec 1, 2019
The reason I ask is that it seems Patreaon skims the surface, and I could see them seeing "Mother" or "Step Mother" in the game automatically jumping to the conclusion it included incest. It's not a big part of the game but it does fit into the flow of the game.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
What are you trying to say here ? If it's his girlfriend's step mother, or even if it was is girlfriend's mother, she's obviously not related to him and it's just not at all incest.
Incest is not fucking some random mother or sister, it's fucking your mother or sister. Therefore, unless it's a threesome including the girlfriend, or unless the girlfriend is MC's sister, what's the problem ? He's a cheater, not some incestuous guy.

It would be different if she wasn't his girlfriend, but his wife. Patreon could possibly decide that "in law family" is "family", and therefore that it fall under their extended definition of incest. But here the MC just fuck all the girls from a totally unrelated family, period.
Wait, so fucking your wife would be incest since she is family? :giggle:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The reason I ask is that it seems Patreaon skims the surface, and I could see them seeing "Mother" or "Step Mother" in the game automatically jumping to the conclusion it included incest. It's not a big part of the game but it does fit into the flow of the game.
No, they will not ban you just for having family members in a game. If you have nothing that violates what their guidelines, you're fine. They don't ban you because of rumors or reports without verifying that you're breaking their guidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: anne O'nymous

RChandler

Dec 1, 2019
I assume then the games with devs on Patreon that get around this are doing so with some type of patch?