Question about Patreon or other

Vinyard

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Hello

Currently in the pilot stages of of a new VN. There's no incest or beastiality, which is what most of the threads i looked up on this site instructed to steer away from to avoid the game being pulled down from patreon. But where does forced sex/rape fall within their rules or is that not a problem?
As of January 2020, is it safe to go with Patreon with an adult VN or are there viable alternatives?

2nd Q. How do i get rid of white dots when rendering. My render time per photo can range from 5 minutes to 40 minutes. Some come out perfectly but in some shots , i see white dots here and there (sometimes its just 4-5 small dots spread around)that remain even after the render is complete.

any brief tips to optimize render quality would be appreciated, and i hope you folks enjoy the coming release.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hello

Currently in the pilot stages of of a new VN. There's no incest or beastiality, which is what most of the threads i looked up on this site instructed to steer away from to avoid the game being pulled down from patreon. But where does forced sex/rape fall within their rules or is that not a problem?
As of January 2020, is it safe to go with Patreon with an adult VN or are there viable alternatives?
Anything that is non-consensual sex is not welcome at Patreon; if you want to do what you say you will have to do it through a patch.

No, Patreon (PayPal and others) doesn't behave well with adult games, but it seems that at the moment it is still the only viable option, although there are alternatives such as SubscribeStar or others.

2nd Q. How do i get rid of white dots when rendering. My render time per photo can range from 5 minutes to 40 minutes. Some come out perfectly but in some shots , i see white dots here and there (sometimes its just 4-5 small dots spread around)that remain even after the render is complete.

any brief tips to optimize render quality would be appreciated, and i hope you folks enjoy the coming release.
It's probably a poorly lit area and it's hard for DAZ to calculate the light that goes there; try to light it better and those spots will probably disappear.
Also keep in mind that if the dots aren't too many, you can always use an image editor to fix it (although I would check the lights, it's crucial when working with DAZ).

Reactions: 9thCrux and Vinyard

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Anything that is non-consensual sex is not welcome at Patreon; if you want to do what you say you will have to do it through a patch.

No, Patreon (PayPal and others) doesn't behave well with adult games, but it seems that at the moment it is still the only viable option, although there are alternatives such as SubscribeStar or others.
Patreon is so inconsistent with applying their rule as well. Milf city for example has a blackmail story with 'forced' sex and is still going strong. Others get pulled with even the smallest hint of non-consensual sex.

As for any other viable options coming up I highly doubt it to be honest. Patreon itself isn't the problem, its the paying agents they work with. Most if not all articles about Patreon sharping their NSFW rules all mention they are getting pressured by their payment options partners.

Unless a new option comes available that somehow cuts out the middle man, I doubt it will really matter.

Reactions: Vinyard

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Patreon is so inconsistent with applying their rule as well. Milf city for example has a blackmail story with 'forced' sex and is still going strong. Others get pulled with even the smallest hint of non-consensual sex.
Yes, this one and others... the difference is the money they get through these games; if it's a lot, they find it harder to be strict with them :unsure::ROFLMAO:

As for any other viable options coming up I highly doubt it to be honest. Patreon itself isn't the problem, its the paying agents they work with. Most if not all articles about Patreon sharping their NSFW rules all mention they are getting pressured by their payment options partners.
Exactly, PayPal and other agents are causing these problems, not directly Patreon.

Unless a new option comes available that somehow cuts out the middle man, I doubt it will really matter.
SubscribeStar has a separate section for this type of game, and doesn't use PayPal.