Question about protagonist tag

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
How do additional protagonist tags like multiple and [gender] get accurately added? What's the deciding factor? Is it simply a POV character? Or does it have to be an actionable POV character? I ask because many authors/screen writers will show a POV of a minor character to illustrate plot progression or just to get a reaction from the audience. These characters aren't considered protagonists at all, but apparently sometimes on f95 they are? What caused me to ask was the game Milfylicious, which has the multiple protagonist tag, but honestly, it only has one protagonist and sometimes shows the POV of love interests in story boards. I can't recall if there are any decisions made by these LIs but I don't think there are. (correct me if I'm wrong there).

Calling these characters protagonists is like calling random slasher victim #3 that hasn't been shown in the movie at all until he's gutted while taking a leak in Friday the 13th movies protagonists because it was shown from his POV.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That...does not answer my question. What does f95 consider a protagonist? POV character or Actionable POV character?
When a game has a player make decisions for more than one character in a game, that game usually receives the multiple protagonists tag.

Perhaps you should ask in the game thread which has caused you to ask this question on why it is given the "multiple protagonist" tag. Many times tags are assigned based upon the information the developers give on the site the game is pirated from. It is from those descriptions and sample images that uploaders assign the first tags. For games that developers post here themselves, they determined the tags. Then, as people play the game, they suggest tags and appeal others already assigned by using the REPORT button in the first post of the game thread. Staff then make decisions based upon information provided etc.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I always assumed it's defined by the practical question of which caracter can make choices. so that showing a non-mc thinking to herself doesn't make her a protagonist, but if you get to choose for her then she becomes another protagonist.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
And sometimes it's aspirational. Since to some extent tags are self reported a dev might have great ideas setting out on their journey only to hit the wall of reality and trim the fat like the other protagonist.