question for anybody who knows

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
Just curious, but what would be considered the most debilitatingly humiliating thing that could happen to a Japanese man, in their culture? It would have to be something that would be ongoing, like a punishment that they couldn't get away from, for example.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
There is nothing those guys love more than their "honor," they even used to gut themselves over it lmao. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
So, do something that sullies their idea of "honor" and you nailed it.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
There is nothing those guys love more than their "honor," [...]
Not just their honor, honor in general.
Never heard of ? Him and his family lived in disgrace for near to 90 years because he survived Titanic sinking ; this partly due to the way it was, falsely depicted at first. Everyone, from the government to the public, passing by the press, was against him for his supposed dishonor. And they were against him because, at this time, in their eyes it was a dishonor for the whole nation.

So yeah, to answer OP, make him loose his honor. Even nowadays there's nothing more humiliating for a Japanese man. But obviously, he can't be something simple, there's degrees, even in dishonor.
The Hosono's story could be a solution here, everything depend of the reason why you want to humiliate him. If it's for a global reason, as background for the story by example, a powerful opponent can perfectly have led, through the press, a successful defamation campaign against him. On a smaller scale, the rights rumors spread to the right persons can quickly lead to the whole neighborhood believing some dishonorable act that he would have done.
Be noted that in both cases, it's a risky move. If the defamation campaign is uncovered, its author will be highly dishonored, because it would mean that the defamer is too coward to face his opponent.

Oct 31, 2017
No clue, but somehow this topic reminded me of this little gem, so I feel the need to share:

Also, out of my own curiosity, how badly did this guy piss you off?

• Haha
Reactions: Meaning Less

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
they're just gonna jizz on the humiliation. there's nothing japan loves more than shame jizzing.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
No clue, but somehow this topic reminded me of this little gem, so I feel the need to share:

Also, out of my own curiosity, how badly did this guy piss you off?
I found it hilarious - the comedy is well done. Thanks for the find. I enjoyed their chopsticks one, as well.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Just curious, but what would be considered the most debilitatingly humiliating thing that could happen to a Japanese man, in their culture? It would have to be something that would be ongoing, like a punishment that they couldn't get away from, for example.
Context? Is this for a game, story, etc...? Also a Japanese man when? what time period? Which area in Japan?

There is nothing those guys love more than their "honor," they even used to gut themselves over it lmao. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
So, do something that sullies their idea of "honor" and you nailed it.
Not just their honor, honor in general.
Never heard of ? Him and his family lived in disgrace for near to 90 years because he survived Titanic sinking ; this partly due to the way it was, falsely depicted at first. Everyone, from the government to the public, passing by the press, was against him for his supposed dishonor. And they were against him because, at this time, in their eyes it was a dishonor for the whole nation.

So yeah, to answer OP, make him loose his honor. Even nowadays there's nothing more humiliating for a Japanese man. But obviously, he can't be something simple, there's degrees, even in dishonor.
The Hosono's story could be a solution here, everything depend of the reason why you want to humiliate him. If it's for a global reason, as background for the story by example, a powerful opponent can perfectly have led, through the press, a successful defamation campaign against him. On a smaller scale, the rights rumors spread to the right persons can quickly lead to the whole neighborhood believing some dishonorable act that he would have done.
Be noted that in both cases, it's a risky move. If the defamation campaign is uncovered, its author will be highly dishonored, because it would mean that the defamer is too coward to face his opponent.
I'm afraid both of those are wrong, Honor is very complicated in Japan and neither of those replies would fit as an answer to the general question.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
modern day japan. is it taking their woman? killing their family? taking other things from them?
what way to make them have to painfully live through shame and humiliation, making them want to correct their mistake to be free of guilt, but knowing that others would suffer so much worse if they did. making it a situation that they have to endure it for as long as the shamer wants to continue to punish them, without recourse. and the shamed man cannot speak about it, or would lose so much more, etc etc.
i ask because ive been considering making a story that shows the punishment side for men, since ive seen so many stories where the woman has bear the brunt of shame/punishment and simply accept what is heaped upon them. basically, just a devil's advocate type story.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i would agree destroying someones honor is a driver for ones death by suicide in many asian countries .. they believe ones honor is by far the greatest asset one could have :)

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
i would agree destroying someones honor is a driver for ones death by suicide in many asian countries .. they believe ones honor is by far the greatest asset one could have :)
i mean....i know ntr is a good way to fuck over a japanese man, and having their family line destroyed is bad for them, but what about destroying their face and having to show it publicly while having to witness their woman being destroyed in front of them, or having to kill their own kids, or watching them get humiliated in front of them, after someone makes the kids do something to dishonor the father? or is that just an easy way out of the shame? my question is, what is the most destructive continuous thing that a man would have to endure to be destroyed?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
modern day japan. is it taking their woman? killing their family? taking other things from them?
what way to make them have to painfully live through shame and humiliation, making them want to correct their mistake to be free of guilt, but knowing that others would suffer so much worse if they did. making it a situation that they have to endure it for as long as the shamer wants to continue to punish them, without recourse. and the shamed man cannot speak about it, or would lose so much more, etc etc.
i ask because ive been considering making a story that shows the punishment side for men, since ive seen so many stories where the woman has bear the brunt of shame/punishment and simply accept what is heaped upon them. basically, just a devil's advocate type story.
I would say its much more nuanced as that. Family name seems to be a big thing in Japan in general. Doing something bad or something that is looked down up from community standard can make a blemish on their family name and rub against others of their family.

The tv show Tokyo Vice (A drama show about the first foreigner working for a Japanese newspaper), had a somewhat modern variant on this concept:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The things you are suggesting sound more that the guy doing the harm is in the wrong, instead of the the one being harmed. I don't think you can hurt somebodies family honor, if its clear what you are doing isn't correct. Killing somebody doesn't bring shame to their family, but to yours for example.

I would look more into what Japanese society values highly, and start from there. Find a setting where somebodies family name can be harmed, without any blame going to the MC in the story. Raping their woman, or physical harm isn't that setting. The MC would 100% be in the wrong here.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
i guess what i'm asking is, what would be the male equivalent to "the gang rape club" situation, for a man? but, it would have to be contiuous.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
What about you start thinking about what would make you feel bad?

Guess what, we are all human and I doubt you will find a single country where everyone shares the exact same values.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
i guess what i'm asking is, what would be the male equivalent to "the gang rape club" situation, for a man? but, it would have to be contiuous.
What about you start thinking about what would make you feel bad?

Guess what, we are all human and I doubt you will find a single country where everyone shares the exact same values.
Meaning Less answer would best fit your story, attacking their honor would be pointless in modern Japan. You would want to attack the man personally, you should start small and work up to an ending where the punishment repeats itself.

Destroy each aspect of his life one by one until he is helpless, have the MC step in to "help" and gain control over all aspect of the victims life and then begin the psychological and physical attacks.

example.
Start with his resources (money, job etc.) e.g. have his job find bdsm or beasty stuff on his work pc. Then his home, e.g. have it raided for drugs or weapons etc. Once he is homeless, the MC can approach him and offer help (a room to stay and a job) and then once the MC controls where the victim lives and their income the punishment can start with the psychological and physical torture.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
Meaning Less answer would best fit your story, attacking their honor would be pointless in modern Japan. You would want to attack the man personally, you should start small and work up to an ending where the punishment repeats itself.

Destroy each aspect of his life one by one until he is helpless, have the MC step in to "help" and gain control over all aspect of the victims life and then begin the psychological and physical attacks.

example.
Start with his resources (money, job etc.) e.g. have his job find bdsm or beasty stuff on his work pc. Then his home, e.g. have it raided for drugs or weapons etc. Once he is homeless, the MC can approach him and offer help (a room to stay and a job) and then once the MC controls where the victim lives and their income the punishment can start with the psychological and physical torture.
noice