Question for game devs of any kind

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
What's your usual go to for marketing your game?
How do you find new people you need to work on it?
I ask because i'm a new VA wondering where to look but twitter seems very, limited in what tags actually provide results.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I feel like i'm spamming links to this site, but try looking here:

These are the original RenPy forums, and are full of people actively working on VN games, talking about VN games, or looking to join teams for developing VNs, some adult, some not.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
In my opinion I don't need anything else than this forum to post my games.

I mean, it has a big amount of users online at any time, and it's really unlikely that your game would be ignored.

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
In my opinion I don't need anything else than this forum to post my games.

I mean, it has a big amount of users online at any time, and it's really unlikely that your game would be ignored.
And what do you do if you need help? just write that in your thread?

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Ren'Py Forums, Discord, Itch.io, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr (So long as you don't post nudity) etc. There's loads of places. Just don't expect money. Do the game because you enjoy and it will gradually gain fans and income etc.

DeviantArt is a good place to find artists if you need help also. Along with this Forum and Ren'Pys forums for coding tips/tricks/help.

Reactions: The FallenART

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Huh, wonder if it'd be a good idea to advertise myself there saying i'm open to do any VA work that needs to be done.
Some people have done it. I don't know if they got luck, but all I've seen got answers.