Question on worldbuilding

Which do you prefer? Or one with a lot o

• A game where you're only interacting with the female leads.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A game with a lot of worldbuilding?

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

RavioliRave

Jan 1, 2019
Which do you prefer? A game where you're only interacting with the female leads. Or one with a lot of worldbuilding ?
Pros of a smaller world include:
-more focus on female leads
-probably more sex scenes

Pros of a bigger world
-More potential for a better storyline
-Relationships among other cast (e.g girls have lives outside being your cum sock.)
-World feels more lively

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I have no idea what makes you think one of those gets in the way of the other...

You can still deliver a lot of worldbuilding without removing sexual interactions, that's the point of writing a story with sex as opposed to a sex simulator without any story.

RavioliRave

Jan 1, 2019
First of all what do you mean by sexual interactions? A dream sequence or the real thing?
Because it wouldn't make sense to have a sex scene if you barely know the person.

I realised I might have phrased my question quite badly.
What I meant was do you prefer a bigger cast.
I noticed that in a lot of games, relationships feel very 2 dimensional. You and the girl.
But by adding more npcs and interactions with others would be like adding another dimension to these relationships.
Naturally leading to more detailed world.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I noticed that in a lot of games, relationships feel very 2 dimensional. You and the girl.
But by adding more npcs and interactions with others would be like adding another dimension to these relationships.
Naturally leading to more detailed world.
So if I understand what you intended to ask was if people prefer a normal game focused on one or two heroines vs games with lots of them?

If that is the case you probably need to edit the poll/thread for it to make sense because this has no relation with worldbuilding.

Last edited:

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I think a game main definition is a choices, if there is no choices this is no game. You cant lable every visual novel a game, they are just visual novels. Picture books! So i expect a game to be game have choices and have meaning for them. Even have competition. you just not go and progress with releationships but you also need to fend away male competition or try to survive economically. World building should make sense and have meaning, not just empty background info.

Jul 21, 2021
Depends what setting game is going for? I might not even be one of the intended people answering since i favor NTR games. But half of what makes a NTR game good is the characters and world around it. I do sometimes play vanilla games and think the way kamichichi does it is fairly solid. Im guessing the question is aimed at vanilla players but where it be NTR or not having too many girls can be too much. Unless its a game aiming for being super long i personally dont think having like say 20 girls in there but each has like 5 events and maybe few talks and nothing else can be a bit boring. Seeing the relationship evolve slowy each time with a smaller cast much more enjoyable.

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
There's a game called From the Eclipse thats about harem building in a medievel fantasy world thats a food example of using world building to break up some of the harem "tedium" (Oh, another girl that needs to marry me for politicial alliances, how could this be?). They have just enough side stuff like you charecter checking wine shipment issues or tryibg to stave off assassins that just as you are gonna click out, something ibteresting hapoens. I do also think, however, its a goos example of too big a harem. Last build i played had about a 12 love interests under the MC's roof. There's charecters I fogot about since the "camera time" is streached so thin.