Ren'Py Question related skipping option variations in renpy

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I have a question regarding skipping options in renpy. I know there is skip unseen, skip after choices, skip transitions option in renpy and if I want to skip without holding a button I can use Tab and I can also use CTRL to skip text BUT if I want to skip to next choice directly I have to right click on skip option on quick menu and than I can skip to the next choice menu directly. Is there a way to assign a keyboard button for this action(skipping/jumping to next choice menu)?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is there a way to assign a keyboard button for this action(skipping/jumping to next choice menu)?
There's no need to do something that is already done.

Assuming that fast skipping is enabled (config.fast_skipping = True), the > key, and SHIFT + . are assigned to this.
Be noted that the second one is highly depending on the keyboard layout. But the first one being defined as character, it works whatever the keyboard layout.

• Red Heart
Reactions: | Vee |

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
There's no need to do something that is already done.

Assuming that fast skipping is enabled (config.fast_skipping = True), the > key, and SHIFT + . are assigned to this.
Be noted that the second one is highly depending on the keyboard layout. But the first one being defined as character, it works whatever the keyboard layout.
I've been trying to dive into back-end code of renpy, I've also read some of your threads about code and optimization(ton of actual help(y)), You are doing an amazing job. Appreciate it bro!:D

Reactions: osanaiko