Question to developers on Patreon: is [stepparent/adult stepoffspring] sex forbidden as [parent/adult offspring] sex?

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
This question is running in my mind since I've started to see the rise of the "landlady" trick over the old "stepmom" one.
So I'd like to know if there is an actual reason or it is just that some developers decided to play ultrasafe, just in case Patreon in the future "altered the deal again" (to make a movie reference).

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
As far as I know, stepmom is still considered a family member by Patreon as they live in a family relationship. That's why.

Reactions: UserX

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
From what i understood, it started with not caring at all, went to *no blood relatives* and is now in the *no familial relationships of any kind* stage. I believe the next one is *only missionary for the sole purpose of procreation between legally wedded partners* stage, but that's likely just me...

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
I wonder, at this point, if any dev has asked clearly that point or none did it in fear to attract "unwanted attention" from Patreon staff.

UserX

Feb 5, 2018

Well, thank you.
For future reference

Here's what Patreon representative emailed Dark Silver about their stance on incest:

"I wanted to provide you our definition of incest. We define incest as sexual activity between family members or relatives. We also include larger extended family which means that we don't look only at the blood line, but also at stepfamily members whether or not they are bound by law. If, for example, the characters call each other sister and brother or mother and son, we will review the content as incest."
So they have their own definition of incest. How cute.

Reactions: scrumbles

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
You can expect their definition to keep changing as developers find ways around their arbitrary rules. Safest way, I suppose, is to allow the player to define relationships in the game or just have all the characters exist as friends and issue 'unofficial' patches, posing as a fan!

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
You can expect their definition to keep changing as developers find ways around their arbitrary rules. Safest way, I suppose, is to allow the player to define relationships in the game or just have all the characters exist as friends and issue 'unofficial' patches, posing as a fan!

I'm trying to figure a game working well with that premise, maybe using some modern AI subroutine

G: "And here is a milf living in your own house with you, you call her....[ENTER HER ROLE IN THE STORY]"
P: "Landlady"
G: "Erm, I've been programmed exactly to avoid the landlady trick, so don't worry about hiding your true wishes. The hot milf is your... [ENTER HER ROLE IN THE STORY]"
G: "No, really, can't you think of something hotter and more taboo (wink wink)?"
P: "No"
G: "Come on, it starts with M and is a three letters word palindrome"
P: "What is a palindrome already? "
G: "Dammit! Just type MOM when I ask again about her role! So, what role has this hot milf living with you? [ENTER HER ROLE IN THE STORY]"
G: "WTF? Are you stupid or what?"
P: "I have a fetish for the landladies, I've read there was a landlady in the description, this is the only reason I've subscribed!"
G: "A fetish for the landladies????"
P: "Yeah, and you scammed me with your game without a proper landlady, I'm going to report you to Patreon"

Jokes aside, I fear that a game where the player can define the relationship either will have plot and dialogue horribly generic and dull or will sound incredibly stupid and out of context if someone doesn't choose "MOM" (stupid in the way that the daughter of the landlady -aka sister- says can't have sex with the MC because "we live together" or something on that line)