• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Question

Minhound

Aug 24, 2017
If I had a picture of a person. Whats the best way to turn him into a 3d model using hexagon?

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Don't know about Hexagon but if you use Daz:

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Are you talking about turning that photo into a 3D model? Because the software that MaxCarna mention is only taking the photo, then converting it into a texture that can then be placed on the Daz Models. If it's the former as far as I know there's no software that can turn a photo into a 3D model, and if there was I sure ass hell would like to get my hands on it. You'll have to know how to create 3D models in that case.

If it's the latter, as in, you want the model (Daz Models) to look like the photo, then either the software MaxCarna mention, or manually do some image editing with the base texture.

kimoo

Jun 6, 2017
Are you talking about turning that photo into a 3D model? Because the software that MaxCarna mention is only taking the photo, then converting it into a texture that can then be placed on the Daz Models. If it's the former as far as I know there's no software that can turn a photo into a 3D model, and if there was I sure ass hell would like to get my hands on it. You'll have to know how to create 3D models in that case.

If it's the latter, as in, you want the model (Daz Models) to look like the photo, then either the software MaxCarna mention, or manually do some image editing with the base texture.
do i have to be familiar with painting and drawing to use daz3d and make character

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
do i have to be familiar with painting and drawing to use daz3d and make character
No because anyone can draw. To make characters at least in 3D terms one needs to understand anatomy, and how the tools work in that 3D software. Daz3d isn't a modeling software so no you don't need to know any of that.

As far as painting, not sure what you're referring to? Are you talking about my second statement I made, about using an image editing software?

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
is there any
way to download it for free ?
There is a section on F95 where they share DAZ props, and also a topic for request new props. Take a look there.

Are you talking about turning that photo into a 3D model? Because the software that MaxCarna mention is only taking the photo, then converting it into a texture that can then be placed on the Daz Models.
Additionally you can use the metric system take the closest model and use shape morphs like height, thin, muscles... face morphs, to achieve the target metrics.
Even without a modeling tool, I believe that the result would be satisfactory.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Even without a modeling tool, I believe that the result would be satisfactory.
I don't work with Daz3d, but I wouldn't doubt they have something along those lines. I only brought that suggestion up since the OP said " turn him into a 3D model"