Questions about assets

rui9606

May 11, 2018
Hi, I still very new to this forum.;) Just seeking some help here.
I have decided to make an interactive novel with twine.
I have a lot of programming experience, also experience with story writing but I have zero skill in drawing or animation.
So I am wondering if there is any sort of asset that is accessible, planning on to add at least some image to the story hopefully animations.

Jun 29, 2018
Hi. The most suggested program people give for creating 3D figures and scenes is Daz Studio ( ). It's one of the easiest ones to use, does about everything you need to create 3D scenes, and best of all it's free.

They make their money by selling 3d characters, models, clothing, and all sorts of things. The free download includes a number of assets to get you started as well. There are other sites that sell content that can be used in Daz Studio as well such as renderosity.com and renderotica.com.

I believe there's another program called Honey Select you can use but it seems to be used much less popular. Another advantage of Daz Studio is it's popular so there's much more information on it.

You can check out the Daz website's galleries to see things people are creating to see what it can do:

Keep in mind it's not an easy program your going to totally learn in a weekend. Expect to spend a while getting a good understanding of it so you can feel comfortable being able to create good renders.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

rui9606

May 11, 2018
Hi. The most suggested program people give for creating 3D figures and scenes is Daz Studio ( ). It's one of the easiest ones to use, does about everything you need to create 3D scenes, and best of all it's free.

They make their money by selling 3d characters, models, clothing, and all sorts of things. The free download includes a number of assets to get you started as well. There are other sites that sell content that can be used in Daz Studio as well such as renderosity.com and renderotica.com.

I believe there's another program called Honey Select you can use but it seems to be used much less popular. Another advantage of Daz Studio is it's popular so there's much more information on it.

You can check out the Daz website's galleries to see things people are creating to see what it can do:

Keep in mind it's not an easy program your going to totally learn in a weekend. Expect to spend a while getting a good understanding of it so you can feel comfortable being able to create good renders.

Many thanks!!

JoGio

Jun 19, 2018
Just gonna say Daz gets very expensive very fast when you're buying assets. You might have an easier time commissioning an artist for drawings. Besides, Daz is a slow as hell and will be incredibly painful to use in more detailed scenes from my own experience.

Edit: Note on honey select: It's an adult game that has a scene editor that lets you load premade or customized characters into the scene.

The characters are very customizable but I'm not sure about the scenes, which is why most honey select games tend to look a lot alike.

Daz games look alike as well but not to the same extent.