Questions about creating sticky fluid/cum

mamabear_

Jul 11, 2020
【bad English alert】
I have come across several images with realistic sticky fluid/cum. The one shown below is the one i think did a great job.
Can anyone interpret how they are being created and what software they are using? If you do not have answers, what would be best way to create similar realistic effect?
I don't care about efficiency, as long as the outcome look good.
I'm kinda a noob in 3d modelling but I have time to learn. I also don't mind pirate some other modelling software to self-learn to do such effect. I just need someone to point me a right direction.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

FKcS146aAAEHlbL.jpg

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Blender 3ds max, mayer, one of them, all have a massive learning curve. Blender is free, most ppl who want to hobby mesh use that.

mamabear_

Jul 11, 2020
I thought the slime shown in your picture is from DAZ product: 71787 dForce Slime and Goo
Thanks for the reply, The sticky fluid in the picture doesn't look like the silme product, it have more details and strings. I think the original artist model it himself?

mamabear_

Jul 11, 2020
Blender 3ds max, mayer, one of them, all have a massive learning curve. Blender is free, most ppl who want to hobby mesh use that.
Thanks for the reply, may I ask more specifically. Base on your title I just assume you already have tons of knowledge on these kind of things.

Let's say I want to do a dripping slime/cum. What software do you normally use to create such effects?
Do you go for simulation or manually model it?

function2020

May 20, 2020
Thanks for the reply, The sticky fluid in the picture doesn't look like the silme product, it have more details and strings. I think the original artist model it himself?
testtt.png
This is what I tried before. I think details can be achieved by put more slime together.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I let the shader part alone, it's something that can be fixed and imho not really important.

You have let's say 3 type of solutions, physics simulation, hand made mesh, 2D brushes. And combination of those 3.

For fluid simulation:
- There is 1 & 2 Daz plugin that can simulate fluid viscosity to an extend, it's far from perfect
- dForce can simulate viscosity-like falling of a drip between points using weightmap/dForce settings
- Blender has built-in, but you will need some patience before getting result
- There is paid a plug-in for Blender more focused on everything liquid ( ).
- Maya has built-in plugin fluid simulation, , which I've never used.

Hand made mesh is self explanotory and for 2D brushes something like and .

Last edited: