Daz Questions about genital assets and poses

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, newbie here. I have quite a number of questions about the genital assets and poses in DAZ3D. If any experienced developers could help a fellow one out, I'd really appreciate it.

1. Which male and female genital, boobs, sex poses, cum assets do you recommend? I know there are multiple assets for each of these. For cocks, I think the main ones are Dicktator, XY, and Anatomical Elements. For pussies, I think Golden Palace is pretty much the only one? For boobs, there are tons but I don't know which ones are the best. I prefer small and natural ones for genitals. As for cum, lots of assets. Sex poses, again, lots.

2. Is there a texture for the Anatomical Elements for the base G8 male and female? A lot of assets seem to be designed for them, but I can't use them if it doesn't even have a texture. People say usually the gens texture comes with a character. But what if I create a character by morphing the base G8 ones? Where then do I get a gens texture?

3. Each cum and sex pose asset seems to be only compatible with a specific genital asset, such as Dicktator or XY or the original Anatomical Elements. But they rarely specify which ones they are designed for. Can you actually use the same cum and pose assets with different genital assets? Which one of them has the most cum and sex poses made for them?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Which male and female genital, boobs, sex poses, cum assets do you recommend?
Dicktator with Pumping Pole can give you some realistic results. Stereo Love will help you get rid of those overly red chocolate starfishes the default options give you. XY/Daz Originals will give you the realest appearances, but at the cost of customization. It's your choice there. New Gens for Victoria 7/8 will give you the most realistic pussy (there's a workaround for 8.1 on these, but 3feetwolf seems to have gone MIA on the asset. May have changed, though.) at the cost of, once again, customization. There're some others, but not quite at the level of NGV7/8 or GP.

For poses? Thunder 3D and Layla are pretty much all you'll need. There's also IWitch, 3DLust, DragiHadzitosic (for the kinkier stuff.), DB XXX (the people who make XY, I believe) also have some props. Cum is trickier. Using what comes with the asset is usually your best bet. There's a series of packages call Cum Pro Pack I, II, III (or something to that effect.) that are stand alone and dforce-friendly cum props. Otherwise, DragiHadzitosic and MoneyShotz are going to be the easiest to deal with.

Point is, try them all out. Download all the assets, try them out and see which work best for your workflow, then buy the ones you're happiest with (I'm not gonna white-knight about piracy here, but the only way to keep these adult-themed props coming is to support the few creators willing to make them. That, and you'll be able to work without worrying about a creator coming after you for piracy.). Nobody can tell you what will work best for you as all of them do different thing well and in different ways. Hands-on usage is the best way to figure out your preference with stuff like this.

Is there a texture for the Anatomical Elements for the base G8 male and female?
Generally speaking, I don't think so. Not officially, at least (though I'm sure there's a workaround.). Official gens from the Daz Store are specifically made for those figures, iirc.), meaning those skins/textures apply to those said characters. Unless you transfer the textures to another figure, you might get different skin tones (if I'm understanding your question correctly, that is.). I'm not too familiar with this side of Daz figures as I rarely use official gens, if at all. Someone may be able to give you a better answer here.

Can you actually use the same cum and pose assets with different genital assets?
Again, there's probably a workaround. But if you're looking for just plug and play, then using the cum made specifically for those assets will be the easiest option. Cum Pro Pack are the only ones I'm aware, but they're less of a cumshot and more of a cumlanding (meaning, position and simulate the cum to fall.). I'd assume Dicktator has the most cum/pose assets made for it, simply because it's the most popular option for Daz when it comes to 18+ stuff. Could be wrong, just going off of memory here.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I have a few more questions.

1. I forgot to ask about this one XD. What expressions assets do you recommend?

2. What boobs assets do you recommend?

3. When you are tweaking poses, which tools do you use? ActivePose? PowerPose? Or just the original location and rotation sliders? Coming from Blender with FK/IK controls, these tools feel quite counterintuitive to use :(

4. How much storage space do you need for a decent Daz3D library roughly, including multiple characters, hair, clothes, poses, expressions, environments, props? The hair and clothes assets are huge.
Generally speaking, I don't think so. Not officially, at least (though I'm sure there's a workaround.). Official gens from the Daz Store are specifically made for those figures, iirc.), meaning those skins/textures apply to those said characters. Unless you transfer the textures to another figure, you might get different skin tones (if I'm understanding your question correctly, that is.). I'm not too familiar with this side of Daz figures as I rarely use official gens, if at all. Someone may be able to give you a better answer here.
I mean the original G8 gens is grey in colour. When I "make" a new character by morphing the basic G8 male or female character, I am still using the original textures that come with them, which means the gens stay grey. I could apply the torso texture to the gens but it doesn't look good enough.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I forgot to ask about this one XD. What expressions assets do you recommend?
That's sort of a tough one to answer. There's general stuff like the Daz Original's and expressions. tends to make some good stuff, too. The thing is with expressions is that nearly none of them are subtle; they either 0 or 100. If at all possible, try to use the dials (Select Figure > Parameters tab > something about 20-40% will usually look good, depending on the expressions. Looking into Puppeteer may be worthwhile, as well. I believe The WP Guru has a pretty good guide on it.

What boobs assets do you recommend?
Breast Morphs or Nipples? should be fine for morphs. Nipples are a bit tougher as they usually made with geoshells/geografts, which tend to not play well with other shells. Something like a wet skin shell over the nipples may cause some unforeseen issues (loss of skin, etc.). and are what come to mind right away, there's also . Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.

When you are tweaking poses, which tools do you use? ActivePose? PowerPose? Or just the original location and rotation sliders? Coming from Blender with FK/IK controls, these tools feel quite counterintuitive to use
That's because they are counterintuitive, honestly. Blender absolutely wrecks anything Daz can even attempt in that regard. Especially in regard to IK. I personally use a premade pose and adjust/rotate/twist/etc. appendages as needed within the parameters tab. Far from the most efficient way of doing it, I'm sure, but it's what I've always done. There are some scripts that help with other posing-related stuff, like for pointing eyes in the right directions or .

How much storage space do you need for a decent Daz3D library roughly, including multiple characters, hair, clothes, poses, expressions, environments, props? The hair and clothes assets are huge.
This just depends on how responsible you are with your space. If you're not planning on doing a VN or anything of that sort and just plan on doing the occasional one-off still render, then you probably won't need much. Maybe set aside 20-30GB just to keep the stuff around. If you plan on doing the former (making a game of some sort), I'd look at the 500GB+ range. More, if you're the type of person that buys/downloads assets that you think you might use later on (me.). I have a 2TB Sata SSD with about 800GB free on it dedicated to mostly Daz assets, for reference, though there's quite a few full After Effects/Premiere Pro projects and video files from them in there, along with Photoshop files and brushes/actions/overlays/etc. 1TB HDD's are affordable and good enough (speed differences between an HDD/SSD are minimal within Daz.) for Daz assets, if you can put up with the noise HDDs can produce. Which was basically the reason I went with an SSD. My rig runs quiet, so all could hear was clicking and thunking from the hard drive in the system.

It's up to you and how you handle your storage at the end of the day, though.

I mean the original G8 gens is grey in colour. When I "make" a new character by morphing the basic G8 male or female character, I am still using the original textures that come with them, which means the gens stay grey. I could apply the torso texture to the gens but it doesn't look good enough.
I'm not too familiar with this area, in all honesty. Sorry I couldn't help more with this.

Reactions: BiggestDickest

Elefy

Jan 4, 2022
When you are tweaking poses, which tools do you use? ActivePose? PowerPose? Or just the original location and rotation sliders? Coming from Blender with FK/IK controls, these tools feel quite counterintuitive to use :(
I have same troubles with DAZ :(

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I have same troubles with DAZ :(
Neither, use the translate tool just select whatever and move it, active pose at least will cause you a world of pain.

Last edited:

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
I have another question. Is there a way to know the names of the character assets used in another developer's game? I like the girls in Corporate Culture, and I PMed the developer for the names but he didn't answer me.

8InchFloppyDick

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
4. How much storage space do you need for a decent Daz3D library roughly, including multiple characters, hair, clothes, poses, expressions, environments, props? The hair and clothes assets are huge.
Not to sound properly annoying, but how long is a piece of string? Depending on how many models you collect you can be happy with 50Gb or 1Tb or 5Tb... All you can say for sure is that your asset collection _will_ expand to fill all available disk space ;)

That said, I would suggest divvying up your asset storage in local and 'far'. For example, I have a 1Tb nvme drive in my workstation that holds the assets for any scenes that I'm currently working on. On the whole that comes to about 500Gb. I also have a further 8Tb of storage on a networked HP microserver that lives with Harry under the stairs. I use that to store backups, 'real' data, movies, scans and my collection of 'not in use' Daz and other 3D assets.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I have another question. Is there a way to know the names of the character assets used in another developer's game? I like the girls in Corporate Culture, and I PMed the developer for the names but he didn't answer me.
Unfortunately, no. If they don't happen to be kind enough to answer you, then your best bet would be to ask around here (or see if the game has a fan art/asset thread) or go onto the Daz official forum and ask in the "Product Suggestion" sub forum. Unfortunately, with the multitude of morphs, add-ons, shaping tools, skins, etc, sometimes the best thing anyone can give you with an educated guess.