Quick renpy variable question

BigPipeGames

Jan 10, 2023
I'm creating a VN that will have a very simple choice system in it. Essentially there will be dialogue choices where one choice gives +Love and one gives +Lust. Love will lead to more romantic dialogue during H scenes and Lust to more dirty dialogue.

Since players may choose each option at different points of the game, can I put a variable where basically "if love>lust then romantic" and "if lust>love then dirty"? Where each leads to a different dialogue path. Sorry for the noob question and phrasing, haven't even started learning renpy yet :oops: Just curious if this is possible or if I need to rethink the system.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Reactions: BigPipeGames

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This is very useful thank you, have bookmarked it for when I start to learn Renpy. However what I can't figure out from a quick read of this is if I can do what I want to do. Specifically that "if X value is greater than Y value then do this".
You can use whatever condition you want. From a basic equality (x = y) to the most complex scheme (( y < x < z ) and ( ( not w ) or v ) ), passing by inequalities (x != y, x < y, x > y), or possible equality ( x <= y, x >= y).

Reactions: BigPipeGames